FightingGoldenDevil

College Football uniforms- 2018

2 hours ago, poser said:

This is awesome

Yes.  I still go for the original BSU though.

3 hours ago, poser said:

This is awesome

I hate colored football fields.

Nothing says "rinky-dink program" better than a non-green field.

3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I hate colored football fields.

Nothing says "rinky-dink program" better than a non-green field.

Boise State could lay a claim to the Smurf Turf as one of those quirky, unique things, like the Steelers only having a logo on one side of the helmet.  But then more teams jumped on the bandwagon and it's become a giant pain in the rump.

17 hours ago, poser said:

This is awesome

This is interesting because Boise State has a trademark on non-green athletic fields. They've granted permission for a number of other schools (e.g. Eastern Washington - red, Eastern Michigan - gray, Coastal Carolina - teal), but as far as I know, they've never approved another blue football field. That said, the University of New England doesn't compete with Boise State in any way, shape, or form, so it's pretty reasonable for them to approve this.

1 hour ago, whitedawg22 said:

This is interesting because Boise State has a trademark on non-green athletic fields. They've granted permission for a number of other schools (e.g. Eastern Washington - red, Eastern Michigan - gray, Coastal Carolina - teal), but as far as I know, they've never approved another blue football field. That said, the University of New England doesn't compete with Boise State in any way, shape, or form, so it's pretty reasonable for them to approve this.

Luther College in Decora Iowa has a blue field. I think it's the exact same shade as Boise too

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

This looks fine:

usatsi_6716750.jpg?w=1000&h=666

This is better:

CDJu50dXIAAfCo1.jpg

This is an eyesore:

dc224a1b28092b5e0d94b818fde340a5--washin

A high school here in Michigan has Red Turf.field_Aerial.jpg

I don't mind Coastal Carolina's field because it's within a certain degree of tolerance from normal green grass/turf.  I haven't seen a gray or black turf, but I may not mind that too much.

Red turf is disgusting.  

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

This looks fine:

usatsi_6716750.jpg?w=1000&h=666

This is better:

CDJu50dXIAAfCo1.jpg

This is an eyesore:

dc224a1b28092b5e0d94b818fde340a5--washin

and this is even worse..idk what made eastern michigan think this was a good idea

unnamed__2_.jpg

My personal pick for worst field goes to Central Arkansas. If I recall correctly, they even announced this monstrosity on April Fools'. 

s3ALjFb.jpg

Coincidentally, they also released their new uniforms. Apparently they're with NIke now. 

1 hour ago, djam2410 said:

and this is even worse..idk what made eastern michigan think this was a good idea

unnamed__2_.jpg

Imo that’s not really that bad.

15 minutes ago, LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU said:

Imo that’s not really that bad.

Out of all the colored fields, it's decidedly the least harsh on the eyes.  If anything, it just looks like fungus-y green grass.

5 hours ago, whitedawg22 said:

My interpretation of the article after reading the 1st two paragraphs is that bsu's claim is extremely flimsy and would not hold up in court but they like to pretend that they are some arbiter of colored sports fields. All of the retroactive granting of rights and attempting to claim the rights to the nickname broncos is absolutely ridiculous.

To me, the Eastern Michigan field looks black-and-white with everything else in color.

2 hours ago, djam2410 said:

unnamed__2_.jpg

The school should send letters to the players' families warning them not to adjust their televisions

37 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

The school should send letters to the players' families warning them not to adjust their televisions

I know that EMU is historically terrible, but to suggest that the only people watching the midweek MACtion games are players’ family members is a bit harsh. 

Miami broke in special cleats today. The base color of the shoe is white and the highlight color is a green that is closer to aqua than traditional Miami green. An alternate for the LSU game seems likely.

DkMCZu4X4AEJ2oK.jpg

Belle Vernon here in PA has Gold turf, looks to me like and old dirt field

28hzh44.jpg