College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I hate colored football fields.

Nothing says "rinky-dink program" better than a non-green field.

Boise State could lay a claim to the Smurf Turf as one of those quirky, unique things, like the Steelers only having a logo on one side of the helmet.  But then more teams jumped on the bandwagon and it's become a giant pain in the rump.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

17 hours ago, poser said:

This is awesome

This is interesting because Boise State has a trademark on non-green athletic fields. They've granted permission for a number of other schools (e.g. Eastern Washington - red, Eastern Michigan - gray, Coastal Carolina - teal), but as far as I know, they've never approved another blue football field. That said, the University of New England doesn't compete with Boise State in any way, shape, or form, so it's pretty reasonable for them to approve this.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

1 hour ago, whitedawg22 said:

This is interesting because Boise State has a trademark on non-green athletic fields. They've granted permission for a number of other schools (e.g. Eastern Washington - red, Eastern Michigan - gray, Coastal Carolina - teal), but as far as I know, they've never approved another blue football field. That said, the University of New England doesn't compete with Boise State in any way, shape, or form, so it's pretty reasonable for them to approve this.

Luther College in Decora Iowa has a blue field. I think it's the exact same shade as Boise too

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

I don't mind Coastal Carolina's field because it's within a certain degree of tolerance from normal green grass/turf.  I haven't seen a gray or black turf, but I may not mind that too much.

Red turf is disgusting.  

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

My personal pick for worst field goes to Central Arkansas. If I recall correctly, they even announced this monstrosity on April Fools'. 

s3ALjFb.jpg

Coincidentally, they also released their new uniforms. Apparently they're with NIke now. 

5 hours ago, whitedawg22 said:

My interpretation of the article after reading the 1st two paragraphs is that bsu's claim is extremely flimsy and would not hold up in court but they like to pretend that they are some arbiter of colored sports fields. All of the retroactive granting of rights and attempting to claim the rights to the nickname broncos is absolutely ridiculous.

To me, the Eastern Michigan field looks black-and-white with everything else in color.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

37 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

The school should send letters to the players' families warning them not to adjust their televisions

I know that EMU is historically terrible, but to suggest that the only people watching the midweek MACtion games are players’ family members is a bit harsh. 

Archived