College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Actually UTSA had one but they got rid of it

UTSA never actually had an orange field. That was just a poorly photoshopped fan picture that was created before the team ever took its first snap to talk about creative possibilities of getting attention to the new program.

On 8/10/2018 at 9:22 AM, pianoknight said:

It's dark, but I don't hate this.  Unless the team predominantly wears all-black uniforms.  

That was always my gripe with Boise State.  Their uniforms matched the color of the field.  While this might not have been as big a problem at ground level for the players and coaches, it makes the game hard to watch on TV.

Yeah, they do wear all black ha.

Image result for tenino beavers football

17+Fiest+Bowl_sig.png

Ole Miss really blew it by not going the Star Wars Rebels route... I don’t know if anyone from the university even talked to Disney/Lucasfilm, but the landshark thing is pretty lame. 

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

56 minutes ago, razorback447 said:

Can we assume this may end up being the first step into a complete rebrand down the road once the PC crowd eventually turns on Rebels? 

This is like the Browns using the dog as a mascot. It's derived from one part of the team, the defense, and this shark reminds me of the toy line from the 90's or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle bad guy. At least he's got steady work again.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Just now, MJWalker45 said:

This is like the Browns using the dog as a mascot. It's derived from one part of the team, the defense, and this shark reminds me of the toy line from the 90's or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle bad guy. At least he's got steady work again.

I was thinking it's kinda like how schools got nicknames back 100 years ago. Some writer would say "On the field they fought like lions"...and then it's "Hey we're State U. Lions!" 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 8/10/2018 at 11:07 PM, Griffinmarlins said:

Everyone talking Barrow right now needs to watch this video to understand. It's the northernmost town in the US. 

Fair warning to anyone who hasn't watched this yet...there is some really bad kerning in this vid. 

Archived