College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, CubsFanBudMan said:

Maybe the change was too subtle or was announced earlier, but I didn't see it here. The Iowa Hawkeyes changed their number font to their custom typeface: 

Looks like they changed the 4 in their custom font. The diagonal bar seems thicker and they got rid of the dumb notch.

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Its $10 less than they charge for the NFL vapor untouchable elites

On 8/14/2018 at 11:50 AM, whitedawg22 said:

Removal of Old English font = downgrade. It was a unique brand within FBS; now they're just another "impact italics" team.

That's "impact italics...with a cool little notch in the serifs to make it 'custom'" to you, good sir.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

21 minutes ago, KouPilot said:

Its $10 less than they charge for the NFL vapor untouchable elites

I bought the one below that last year. It was $150. I'm not surprised to see them do this. At least even the $100 look pretty good, I just don't like the extra long sleeves. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Not a fan of the monochromatic look for UTEP.  Or actually, for any team.

The design is pretty solid though.  Nothing too garish.  

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I like the new UTEP uniforms. But I feel like I would love them if it was a little better. The shoulder stripes coloring just feels off for some reason. The lack of any design whatsoever on the pants is a drag. I don't know, just feels like it's missing one piece.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

6 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The yellow in the logo is a lot better, and wearing yellow pants instead of white pants livens it up a lot too.

Definitely. College football’s love affair with all-white is so boring. I’ve complained about it plenty, but all-white vs. all-Black is so boring and it seems like it happens so often. 

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

I bought the one below that last year. It was $150. I'm not surprised to see them do this. At least even the $100 look pretty good, I just don't like the extra long sleeves. 

I have (per the game worn collecting thread) 2 Wyoming game worn Vapor Untouchables and they were $30 a pop. of course the have elastic in the bottom and and designed to fit over pads.... but still its literally 90% cheaper than buying the elite fan jersey.

15 minutes ago, KouPilot said:

I have (per the game worn collecting thread) 2 Wyoming game worn Vapor Untouchables and they were $30 a pop. of course the have elastic in the bottom and and designed to fit over pads.... but still its literally 90% cheaper than buying the elite fan jersey.

Team clearance sale? If I were closer to Columbus I would have gone. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

47 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

I like the new UTEP uniforms. But I feel like I would love them if it was a little better. The shoulder stripes coloring just feels off for some reason. The lack of any design whatsoever on the pants is a drag. I don't know, just feels like it's missing one piece.

Yeah there's not enough contrast in the sleeve striping on the colored jerseys. The white is by far my favorite for this reason. 

Solid look tho, not too cookie cutter. 

9 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Team clearance sale? If I were closer to Columbus I would have gone. 

there is store in Laramie called Brown and gold outlet that sells them. They may still have some. Give them call and they will ship them.

https://twitter.com/KwadeSays/status/1029118430262177792/photo/1

Supposedly this is the new black Oregon uniform. It was posted from 2019 commit Jaron Water's mom's Snap story. It's blurry mom-phone style video, so maybe it's just the previous set. Plus recruits have been modeling a few previous generations of uniforms, maybe this is the pro combat inspired spring uniform.

To me it looks like the duck head is on the shoulders and the numbers are grey/silver instead of green, and the helmet is black with the yellow decal as opposed to the green decal.

Oh well, speculation is over tonight. As long as the uniforms all match. 

On 8/13/2018 at 11:41 AM, upperV03 said:

I’ve heard that the new wing logo (seen on the camp shirts) is the one that’ll be used going forward, not the one that was introduced last year. Some of the fan gear for this season (and even some of the team issued gear) will still use the old logo this year due to the design and production process. That said, the new logo is already being used at Autzen and on the women’s soccer team’s new keeper shirts:

ywq0Rti.jpg

M8r0MFy.jpg

Yes, this new winged O is going to be the one moving forward. They redid the weight room for football this summer and it included this O. It has also been seen in official AD graphics this summer. 

DifpoMCUYAAnGRT.jpg:large

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

31 minutes ago, NickNolanPhD said:

https://twitter.com/KwadeSays/status/1029118430262177792/photo/1

Supposedly this is the new black Oregon uniform. It was posted from 2019 commit Jaron Water's mom's Snap story. It's blurry mom-phone style video, so maybe it's just the previous set. Plus recruits have been modeling a few previous generations of uniforms, maybe this is the pro combat inspired spring uniform.

To me it looks like the duck head is on the shoulders and the numbers are grey/silver instead of green, and the helmet is black with the yellow decal as opposed to the green decal.

Oh well, speculation is over tonight. As long as the uniforms all match. 

We got any predictions for tonight? What do we expect? What do we want to see?

Personally i'd like to see an updated Mariota set. The wings are something they've owned. I think at least one winged helmet is a must. 

Archived