College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

1 hour ago, jsr862 said:

Rumors on the Pitt boards is retro colors will become full time in spring but the yellow they been wearing may become darker like the mustard color and a tad darker shade of blue, but as of now this is talk, find out in a few months I suppose. I expected the change at some point. 

Finally someone at Pitt hears the people. 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/27/2018 at 10:18 AM, CycloneRoss said:

Hi y'all, first post.  I've been visiting this forum every so often for years.  I was looking to see if I could find tickets to next year's CFP Final when I came across what appears to be a completely new Sugar Bowl logo.  All the other NY6 logos are the same.  I can't find the image on their official site, this site, or anywhere else besides the ticket vendor's website.  So I don't know if this has already been discussed or if this is even the right place to post it, but here it is:

BOWL-logo-SUGAR-220x220.png

https://www.primesport.com/d/sugarbowl  

Hell, it looks like there's a bunch of new bowl logos including Cotton Bowl.  Sorry if this has already been posted, but if it is, I can't find it.

COTTON%20BOWL%20LOGO.png

https://www.primesport.com/s/college-bowl-tickets

that Sugar Bowl is less than underwhelming, both are blah.  

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

22 hours ago, jsr862 said:

Rumors on the Pitt boards is retro colors will become full time in spring but the yellow they been wearing may become darker like the mustard color and a tad darker shade of blue, but as of now this is talk, find out in a few months I suppose. I expected the change at some point. 

Marino Era baby! 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

On 1/27/2018 at 1:47 PM, MJWalker45 said:

Reese's Senior Bowl using Primeknits again. Surprised they didn't upgrade. Still have the horrible numbers inside a Reese's cup on the sleeves.

Still confused why the NFL/Nike deal didn’t include the Senior Bowl or Combine. 

9 hours ago, ZipperClub said:

Would you rather take $100 from Company 1 for the rights to A, B, and C, or would you rather take $75 from Company 1 for the rights to A, $25 from Company 2 for the rights to B, and $25 from Company 3 for the rights to C?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

14 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Its not uniform related, but USC will be playing at United Airlines Memorial Coliseum next season.

Is it just me, or is this a huge deal? Are there any other examples of naming rights being sold for state or national historic landmarks, or places on the national registry of historic places?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

Would you rather take $100 from Company 1 for the rights to A, B, and C, or would you rather take $75 from Company 1 for the rights to A, $25 from Company 2 for the rights to B, and $25 from Company 3 for the rights to C?

Is that how the bid process worked? I see UA has the NBA Combine as well. I’m just surprised the events are decoupled.

12 hours ago, ZipperClub said:

The Senior Bowl isn't actually "owned" by the NFL, they provide the coaching staffs and scouts but the city and the stadium committee are on the hook for the rest. That's why things like the Dollar General signage were left on the field in addition to the Reese's sponsorship.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, ZipperClub said:

Is that how the bid process worked? I see UA has the NBA Combine as well. I’m just surprised the events are decoupled.

Well, think about it: when the NFL signed with Reebok 15 years ago, that was a relatively new way of outfitting a league. It was all-encompassing and exclusive, and nobody really knew what it was worth because it hadn’t been done before. Obviously, the NFL thought it was worth much more the second time around, and they also split the rights between many different suppliers, so you have manufacturers of on-field apparel, headwear, fan apparel, combine apparel, etc. all paying for their respective licenses instead of giving all those categories to a single supplier for a single fee.

On 1/28/2018 at 7:43 PM, Broken Record said:

Word on Rocky Top is that changes are coming this year. The Smokey Gray alternate uni and helmet is reportedly dead.

Aw man, I hope not. I love those unis. Never wanted them to become more than a one time a year thing, but they're gorgeous. 

2 hours ago, waldowest said:

Aw man, I hope not. I love those unis. Never wanted them to become more than a one time a year thing, but they're gorgeous. 

Maybe Coach Pruitt is following the Alabama menu - just one helmet, two jerseys (orange and white) and white pants. 

1 hour ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Tennessee needs to experiment a bit IMHO. They don’t have a classic look if you ask me. Obviously the checkerboard is here to stay. But I would like to see a couple of different helmets. Maybe a few alternate unis. Incorporate that awesome powder blue somehow. 

I would definitely put them in as classic territory. When you think of the Vols and all their teams from the 90s/early 00's , the first thing that comes to mind is their simple jersey set 

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

3 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Tennessee needs to experiment a bit IMHO. They don’t have a classic look if you ask me. Obviously the checkerboard is here to stay. But I would like to see a couple of different helmets. Maybe a few alternate unis. Incorporate that awesome powder blue somehow. 

With the exception of 6 games wearing gray and one in black, Tennessee has worn basically the same uniforms for every game since the 1930s. How is that not a "classic look?"

3 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Powder blue is exclusive to the women's teams now, I believe. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, djam2410 said:

I would definitely put them in as classic territory. When you think of the Vols and all their teams from the 90s/early 00's , the first thing that comes to mind is their simple jersey set 

Yeah agreed. Everyone knows the white helmets, thick orange stripes, the Power T, and the orange jerseys with white numbers.  That's a pretty classic uni.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, BRice16 said:

With the exception of 6 games wearing gray and one in black, Tennessee has worn basically the same uniforms for every game since the 1930s. How is that not a "classic look?"

Agreed. I love the stripes they’re currently rocking, but I also dig the previous numerals that were styled more like the Power T (they just needed a little polish).

14 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

In Division 2 news. The CIAA is going with Under Armour as it's uniform/apparel provider starting July1. Russell Athletic was the conference's previous provider.

https://hbcugameday.com/2018/01/31/ciaa-going-with-under-armour/

Good to hear. I would have liked to see schools each pick their own brand but I think at that level a deal that helps all the schools is better to be done as a group instead of individually.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived