College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

Welp... get ready for half of the schools to wear uniforms with gigantic numbers on them.

Too bad for Oregon.  The rest of college football out-crazied them and robbed them of their identity and now they're trotting out uniforms like these.  They could be worse, though.  Aside from the size of the numbers, I like what they did with them with that inner stroke and the helmets are probably my favorite in all of college football.

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BigDmo said:

I can no longer see the vision Nike has for Oregon. These try so hard yet completely miss the mark. Nothing about these scream “the future of football uniforms” to me. Oregon used to set trends, now they just try too hard. 

I was disappointed by the Webfoots throwbacks, I thought that was a low point in Oregon unis, but these take that spot. 

These seem to be a response to the no-frills attitude that Taggart, and now, Cristobal want for their teams.  There's too many color and design inconsistencies, namely on the white and black ones, to say these are a complete improvement from what they've worn the past couple seasons.  Seems the high point for Oregon's uniforms were the 2012-2014 sets.

I really like the green set, though I wish the O was layered on top of the helmet’s tonal wings instead of relegated to the hip. It will be better if they combine it with yellow or even white pants.

I don’t mind the lack of shoulder detail one bit. Time and again, I disliked the way that area was used to complete the look; there was always a design disconnect between the artwork on the shoulder and the helmet, so I’d rather they keep it plain and let the other elements be the focus than force something that is far less than the sum of its parts. The large numbers and the extra detail on them are enough to carry the jersey, but I think a simple pant stripe, maybe with a fade made from the wing shape, would be welcome.

The military-style front nameplate and contrasting back nameplate don’t work for me. That’s where they should have stopped.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, Clintau24 said:

Also, the template is a little different. The mesh portion at the v-neck of the collar has been chopped off.

It looks like they wanted to make the inner-stroke more prominent, so they enlarged the numbers to show off the added detail. Then they needed to chop off the collar to make room for the aforementioned oversized numbers.

...Which gave them the need to add the Ducks patch on the jersey to give some form of identification. Then they slapped an oversized O on the pants to make sure that logo was visible somewhere.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

As an Oregon fan, absolutely love the helmets. Also love the colours (although would probably prefer something different to the volt green).

I actually don’t mind the simplicity of them, but I just can’t get my head around the huge numbers. Down size them to normal & I like the whole set. 

will be interested to to see what mixing & matching is done.

My first impression is that it looks like adidas’ take on the Oregon uniform. right now, I think the only thing I really don’t like is the numbers, but that’s enough to ruin it. One element, the most crucial element, is absolutely clownish. It feels like such a reach for a new idea, its absolutely comical in its size, and I have concerns over the effectiveness of the number. It’s so large I think the number may wrap around smaller players and with no TV numbers to fall back on, I expect there to be problems with refs on the field. This isn’t the first uniform to be sans TV numbers by a long shot, but you’ve always had the front and back or helmet numbers that were legible and a sort of visual safety net. 

And what in gods name is this “flying toward tradition” copywriting!? This was the same school that said “tradition never changes, champions do”. The school that said tradition was for old people and use their uniforms as a reflection of their innovative coaching and brand....yet they’re still reaching for new ideas in the uniform. This is the first time I can say Oregon is in an identity crisis and just by the jersey numbers alone, have an unpleasant uniform design. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I have a feeling they won't be mixing and matching this set as often as they did with their past sets, mainly due to some poor color choices.  Neither of the black elements is going to go well with anything else because of the inclusion of volt into the color scheme.  The green elements aren't going to go well with others because nothing but the white and black jerseys have any of the apple green.  Same goes for the yellow.

53 minutes ago, Griffinmarlins said:

Dare I say they look like "practice jerseys"? ?

Funny you should say that because a couple of Oregon players tested out the oversized numbers on their practice jerseys during fall camp last year:

IMG_6800.JPG.ebd16209760376c34fc838bc773

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Full look of all the uniforms together.  The blacks stick out like a sore thumb due to the inclusion of volt and the whites look off because of the lack of yellow.  Still wondering if they'll have a white helmet or not:

Not official confirmation by any means, but...

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Those numbers...

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I like 'em... For Oregon. With the Ducks I can't worry too much about consistency in color/identity in general, but they picked a theme this year, bold and simple monochrome, and executed... fine? Yeah, fine. The black one is kinda cool and I'm a fan of the helmets. Don't mind giant numbers, not sure why I'd care since it's Oregon where the uniforms are a party.

I'd much prefer they were that green set in an important game than the non-school colors :censored: they've worn in their title game berths.

28 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

I have a feeling they won't be mixing and matching this set as often as they did with their past sets, mainly due to some poor color choices.  Neither of the black elements is going to go well with anything else because of the inclusion of volt into the color scheme.  The green elements aren't going to go well with others because nothing but the white and black jerseys have any of the apple green.  Same goes for the yellow.

Yeah, I have the same feeling. I’m thinking they may end up mixing and matching the yellow helmets and pants with both the green and white jerseys, though (or at least that’s my hope). And I feel like the chrome and black helmets will be used with all four jerseys at some point. The black pants can really only be used with the black and white jerseys because the bright green would clash with the yellow and green jerseys. The green helmets and pants seem like they really only go with the green jerseys, so those likely won’t be mixed and matched with any of the other pieces. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Helmet- I hate the wings always have. The O on the side is tradition and great. 

Jersey- I like the Plaines of them clean as far as wings and extra designs go. But numbers ruin it. The number font is fine, make it smaller, take out the odd line in the middle and change the black or grey numbers from the yellow jersey to green and I would love these, also keep the name played classic and mono to the jersey colors. 

Also don't mind them doing black and I know even since like 2003 or so they had black in jerseys. But I don't like the black mixed in with the yellow and or green sets.  The green and yellow sets would be great of they were mirrors of eachother with no black in any and the other changes as mentioned above.

5 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Yeah, I have the same feeling. I’m thinking they may end up mixing and matching the yellow helmets and pants with both the green and white jerseys, though (or at least that’s my hope). And I feel like the chrome and black helmets will be used with all four jerseys at some point. The black pants can really only be used with the black and white jerseys because the bright green would clash with the yellow and green jerseys. The green helmets and pants seem like they really only go with the green jerseys, so those likely won’t be mixed and matched with any of the other pieces. 

You know all to well they will wear a black helmet green jersey black pant combo of these at some point. Oregon past few years imo has been a dumpster fire when coming to matching. They could have the perfect uniforms but kill it with some sort of odd matching combo.

Archived