College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it possible for numbers to be so big that they’re less legible? Those things are practically engulfing the jersey. They’re more number than jersey.

Seriously, numbers like that are one of the most inexcusable uniform atrocities I’ve seen in a long time. I can’t wrap my head around why they would choose to do them like that. I could take plain unis (I actually kind of liked when they wore jerseys with just two stripes in the last couple of years because they’ve tried so many new things that it kind of made sense to go back to square one). These, however, just don’t really resemble a football uniform anymore. This is a new kind of ugly that I wouldn’t have been able to even comprehend until now.

Id take the non-unified era over these because they at least would keep you on your toes over whether they’d look good from week to week. Now I just know that they’ll look reprehensible always. Yikes.

Man, those uniforms are so bland that even the unique gimmick of comically oversized numbers can't make them interesting. Also, it's bad enough that contrasting nameplates have become a fad in hockey... please tell me this awkward, ugly design element isn't going to cross over to football now.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I was excited to see what these were going to be. Sadly I'm disappointed for what was unveiled and for the memory of what Oregon use to be. It seems like there is no standard for creativity or innovation like their use to be. 

1 hour ago, msu said:

That's kind of cool that the white uni is inspired by this duck. I really like what Oregon has done. The contrasting names may take some getting used to, but overall this is a really solid look.

There is no way that is true.  Oregon even themselves label it as "Traveling Storm"

90758391980.gif

3 hours ago, ONUV said:

Don't hate them yet. I want to see them in their natural habitat.

These uniforms' natural habitat is a dumpster fire. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Anyone gonna mention the NOF (Name on Front)? Specifically, the rectangular "Ducks" patch that has the same color blocking as the NOB. 

Looks like how police or army uniforms have the officer's last name on the patch. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

1 minute ago, pianoknight said:

Anyone gonna mention the NOF (Name on Front)? Specifically, the rectangular "Ducks" patch that has the same color blocking as the NOB. 

Looks like how police or army uniforms have the officer's last name on the patch. 

They are smart enough to make them the same color as the rest of the uniform though.

20 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

honestly, im ok with this. it could have been taken a bit further and been the foundational element of a new uniform design. you could repeat that on the helmet or pants, gloves, etc. but even as it is? i think it's alright. i kind of dig the contrast between the 90 degree angles of the fonts / badges and the curves of the "O" and wings. i have to go back to that 1 thing though— the number size is just ridiculous and brings this whole thing down

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

23 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

honestly, im ok with this. it could have been taken a bit further and been the foundational element of a new uniform design. you could repeat that on the helmet or pants, gloves, etc. but even as it is? i think it's alright. i kind of dig the contrast between the 90 degree angles of the fonts / badges and the curves of the "O" and wings. i have to go back to that 1 thing though— the number size is just ridiculous and brings this whole thing down

This pretty much sums up my reaction as well. Also, if they didn’t want to include any sort of shoulder/sleeve design, I think they at least should’ve included tv numbers (regular size, though). As they are now the sleeves and shoulders look a bit too plain. But yeah, the number size is this set’s biggest problem. Downsize the numbers just a tad and it’d be a pretty respectable set overall.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

10 hours ago, Webfooter said:

Full look of all the uniforms together.  The blacks stick out like a sore thumb due to the inclusion of volt and the whites look off because of the lack of yellow.  Still wondering if they'll have a white helmet or not:

Dkr86qcU0AAQsih.jpg

There is not one good thing about this look! Yes it is bright, but the uniforms themselves are about a plain as you can get (outside those massive numbers). Oregon had started the plain pants trend and it really needs to stop as these look like practice uniforms. 

spacer.png

Archived