XFL 2020 Season

ozzyman314

I know he’d have less control, but wouldn’t it be more profitable if Vince McMahon (with an investment group) bought the Carolina Panthers instead?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Chawls said:

I know he’d have less control, but wouldn’t it be more profitable if Vince McMahon (with an investment group) bought the Carolina Panthers instead?

Vince grew up in North Carolina and obviously has always had a major bone for pro football. Owing the Panthers would be a legit fit, assuming he'd get the actual "OK" from current owners.

Wouldn't bet on it though.

6uXNWAo.png

The Panthers will sell for $2B.  Vince doesn't have that kind of money.  I"d love to see it happen though - especially if Charlotte resident Ric Flair could be involved some how.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The Panthers will sell for $2B.  Vince doesn't have that kind of money.  I"d love to see it happen though - especially if Charlotte resident Ric Flair could be involved some how.

Forbes had WWE valued at $1.5 billion in summer of 2016, right around the sale of UFC for $4 billion, though not only is the article a year-and-a-half old, but it also mentions that WWE could potentially be under-valued at that price. So if Vince plays his cards right, he and an investment group could scrape enough money together to actually pull it off. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

25 minutes ago, Chawls said:

Forbes had WWE valued at $1.5 billion in summer of 2016, right around the sale of UFC for $4 billion, though not only is the article a year-and-a-half old, but it also mentions that WWE could potentially be under-valued at that price. So if Vince plays his cards right, he and an investment group could scrap enough money together to pull actually it off. 

Keep this in mind. Jerry Richardson personally owns only 48%, 14 others own the other 52% including his wife, son and daughter.  Other billionaires within the ownership group include two members of the Belk Department Stores family who sold their department store for $3B in 2015, Leon Levine, the founder of the Family Dollar store chain, and two commercial real estate guys: Smoky Bissell, who sold a Charlotte area business park this year for $1.2B and Johnny Harris, who also owns the Quail Hollow Golf Club, which held this year's PGA Championship. 

• 2 weeks later...

I recently read somewhere (sorry no link) that it’s not likely to be called xfl, and possibly something like UFL or UDFL. 

Edit:

according to WhatCulture, Vince filed for trademarks for “UFL” and “URFL”, not uDfl

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I recently read somewhere (sorry no link) that it’s not likely to be called xfl, and possibly something like UFL or UDFL. 

Edit:

according to WhatCulture, Vince filed for trademarks for “UFL” and “URFL”, not uDfl

What do you suppose the R in URFL is supposed to stand for?

37 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

What do you suppose the R in URFL is supposed to stand for?

Regional? Possibly doing a regional draft to stock teams since he may expect that to bring in fans to certain teams.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 1/9/2018 at 2:08 PM, dorshak said:

Universal Football League haha

I know you are kidding but with the Universal championship and the "WWE Universe" and "NXT universe"...ect, ect. 

I wouldn't be surprised at all if that ends up being the name. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived