Quirkiest Jersey Elements

Bruins

What are the sports jerseys with the quirkiest features in history? Jerseys that have something unusual about them that's unique to them such as an odd striping pattern or color scheme or a logo in a strange place or position. Examples I can think of are the Steelers one-logoed helmets and the London Monarchs old jerseys with the logo on the middle and the number on the shoulder. Have at it!

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cleveland-Barons.jpg

The Ohio numbers. I can't think of a similar example in any sport. The closest would probably be the Warriors putting the number in the jersey crest, but it's not really the same,

2 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Cleveland-Barons.jpg

The Ohio numbers. I can't think of a similar example in any sport. The closest would probably be the Warriors putting the number in the jersey crest, but it's not really the same,

I think ASU puts its captain designations inside Arizona silhouettes.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

3 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Cleveland-Barons.jpg

Really wish the Blue Jackets would have found a way to work that into their uniforms.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

25 minutes ago, charger77 said:

Really wish the Blue Jackets would have found a way to work that into their uniforms.

An alt someday, or when they eventually get an outdoor game maybe. It seems like an obvious option... capital of the state and all.

The Lightning had stripes on their armpits so that when they raised their arms to celebrate goals, then and only then you would see their armpit stripes of glorious triumph.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Islanders' fisherman jerseys were one of the only examples of a uniform in top-level pro sports with an asymmetrical name and number on the back.

armstrong_derek.jpg

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

1 minute ago, CRichardson said:

The Islanders' fisherman jerseys were one of the only examples of a uniform in top-level pro sports with an asymmetrical name and number on the back.

armstrong_derek.jpg

Also the St. Louis Blues in the mid 90's. I actually really liked the white jersey in this set. The road jersey was a bit garish with all the red, but toned down a little, it could've looked good.

Wayne-Gretzky-St-Louis-Blues-Vintage-Her58432b_lg.jpeg

1 minute ago, Bob5151 said:

Also the St. Louis Blues in the mid 90's. I actually really liked the white jersey in this set. The road jersey was a bit garish with all the red, but toned down a little, it could've looked good.

Wayne-Gretzky-St-Louis-Blues-Vintage-Her58432b_lg.jpeg

Well, the Blues had asymmetrical numbers but the nameplate was still symmetrical. The Islanders had both.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The Colorado Caribous of the original NASL with the fringe

See the source image

and the Chicago Fire of the WFL with the fire decal's location on the helmet

See the source image

plus the Quad city SteamWheelers of the old AF2

dc699a7d-8ef1-5196-8bbe-4038ba353741.image.jpg

I've never seen a helmet quite like the Portland Thunders

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

A little view of the top which is just lightning

See the source image

The Rangers don't have a team logo on the front of the sweater. They don't have a logo anywhere. Instead they have their name placed diagonally across the sweater. I wanna say the Rangers were the first team to have this style. Some teams between then and now have emulated this style but have since abandoned the look (Penguins and Avalanche come to mind). Rangers are the only NHL team today (and probably forever) to keep it which makes them unique to me. 

Image result for new york rangers 2006

XM4KeeA.png

Archived