NCAA Basketball Uniform Concepts (Done in Apps)

zussmandesigns

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/27/2018 at 1:35 AM, Chapeeko said:

I think you should try to step out of the box a little bit more on some of these. All of the SEC so far has been exactly what teams are already wearing with very little modifications. If you are going through the effort of creating a concept, why not come up with something original instead of recreating something that people have already seen. I think that if you stepped a little more out of your comfort zone and put your own twist on some of these, you would get more feedback and, in turn, it will help you grow as a designer.

Agreed. I love basketball concepts, and they don't get the attention that I think they could get.

Unfortunately, post after post on this thread is just "I like what they already have, so I didn't change anything." That's not really a concept. Tweak them. Make a throwback. Spend time on the details. That takes time, and it takes thought, and it might not be 7 pages, but it might be three pages of better quality. I'd also suggest you take time with a program to make sure the details of your designs are more realistic, with fewer gray spots and splotches that aren't part of the design.

Focus on a narrow area, perhaps one conference, or one state/ group of states, and pour your energy into that. There is a reason that only a few really artists on here have made entire NCAA threads: it's REALLY hard to do.

Just my two cents.

On 2/23/2018 at 8:36 PM, marlins2017 said:

ARKANSAS: No change for Arkansas, the look represents them well.

Home:bMHZZIc.jpg

Road:DDNQXbj.jpg

ALT:5AMNM70.jpg

As a Hog fan, I can tell you that Razorbacks are on the home jerseys and Arkansas are on the Road & Alternate jerseys.  I also agree that they lettering and numbers should be outlined on the ALT jerseys.  That was my biggest pet peeve with our PK80 jerseys is that you couldn't see the names or numbers when watching on TV.  

• 1 year later...

Archived