RoughRiders99

Solar League Baseball - A Future History: 2531-33 Season Recaps, Expansion (Io, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto) in 2534

Hmm... How about Inner System and Outer System? You can can easily shorten them to IS and OS.

15 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

Hmm... How about Inner System and Outer System? You can can easily shorten them to IS and OS.

I could, but the thing is that there already a few "new" teams that are in the inner system (Venus Valkries, Mendez, and Kennedy) in the "outer system." 

I'm hoping to make this league into an AL/NL style league, where there's a mix of teams across both leagues instead of geographically. 

4 minutes ago, RoughRiders99 said:

I could, but the thing is that there already a few "new" teams that are in the inner system (Venus Valkries, Mendez, and Kennedy) in the "outer system." 

I'm hoping to make this league into an AL/NL style league, where there's a mix of teams across both leagues instead of geographically. 

That makes sense. In fact, you could name the leagues after famous people who founded the Space UN and explored the system.

4 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

That makes sense. In fact, you could name the leagues after famous people who founded the Space UN and explored the system.

I like it. The Armstrong League and Gagarin League? 

Maybe not the Space United Nations guys, but pretty much the original guys who started the whole space thing.  

How about the Asimov Division and Bradbury Division?  And as time and expansion goes on, further leagues or divisions could always have the names of famous sci-fi authors.

Ganymede Giants

1Bfx9vz.jpg

Behind the Name: The Giants are appropriately named due to their location on the largest moon of the Solar System

Stadium: The stadium is located in the middle of the plains on Ganymede, surrounded by craters of farmlands. With a symmetrical outfield and an open stadium, this stadium sits in a humble part of Ganymede, one of the largest agriculture centers of the solar system.

Logo and Colors: The colors are green (Ganymede Green) to represent the farmlands on Ganymede, and tan-gray (Farm Graphite) to represent the color the moon’s surface before it was terraformed.

5niw7zF.jpg

Based on: San Francisco Giants, Pittsburgh Pirates

---

Kennedy Rockets

5b1lF5x.jpg

Behind the Name: Just like the city, Kennedy, where the team is located in, the Rockets are named after the space race that John F. Kennedy started in the 20th century.

Stadium: The brand new Kennedy Field has all of the staples of a great ballpark; Skyline views, walkable and bikeable location, great local cuisine, and an open concourse good for exploring and aimless wandering. Before the stadium opened, it was immediately awarded the 2nd best skyline views in the SLB (Lunardome being 1st).

Logo and Colors: In the logo, it has the Kennedy skyline in it, along with a launching rocket into outer space through its city dome. The team becomes the first navy blue team in the SLB. The complementary colors of light blue (for the lakes in Kennedy) and tan (for the beaches on the lakes) complete the set.

a18QWkk.jpg

Based on: Toledo Mud Hens, New York Mets, San Diego Padres

---

Titan Scorpions

XZlMzYA.jpg

Behind the Name: The moon of Titan was terraformed to make it suitable for humanity. Due to its atmospheric composition, Titan became a desert-like planet. So the team selected Scorpions to represent the desert lifestyle.

Stadium: Due to the heat on Titan, the team built a stadium with a retractable roof. But they will have the roof open on some occasion when the weather permits it. When the roof is open, it offers an amazing view of the rugged desert landscape on Titan.

Logo and Colors: The Scorpions become the first team with more than three colors in their set, with four colors in it. Using an American Southwest color scheme from Earth, they were able to put together a desert-themed logo set. The four rings around the scorpion represent the four major rings on Saturn, Titan’s parent planet. Their home and alternate jerseys are vest, while their road jersey is a full one.

IceZLvs.jpg

Based on: Arizona Diamondbacks, this logo

---

Venus Valkyries

qRrKapK.jpg

Behind the Name: Due to its location in the skies of Venus and its mythology roots, the team was suitably named the Valkyries, a group of warriors that ruled the sky.

Stadium: It probably is the most popular and possibly the best stadium in the league right now. The first true “floating” stadium, it offers literal breath-taking views of the Venusian clouds. With a picturesque view, it offers an unforgettable experience for the players and the fans. If a player hit a home run beyond the small outfield seating area, the ball will drop several kilometers toward the surface before being crushed by the pressure. Luckily, due to advanced technology, a force field surrounds the stadium to prevent people from falling off.

Logo and Colors: The team’s goal was to differ from the orange-red Venus Sparrows, the team decided to go with blue and yellow. The blue represents the skies on Earth, where humanity started from, and the yellow is for the magnificent light that filters through the Venusian clouds.

rwleKJZ.jpg

Based on: Minnesota Vikings, this logo

Awesome uniform sets and everything, but how are the Venus Sparrows going to react to another team with the Venus name?

33 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Awesome uniform sets and everything, but how are the Venus Sparrows going to react to another team with the Venus name?

I personally don’t think it matters much, but that’s just me though. I mean, there’s the Chicago Cubs and Chicago White Sox, New York Yankees and New York Mets, Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Clippers, etc. 

I have good proposals for the two leagues for Solar League Baseball:

They could be called: the Sputnik League and the Vanguard League - both representing the first launches into space.

53 minutes ago, RoughRiders99 said:

I personally don’t think it matters much, but that’s just me though. I mean, there’s the Chicago Cubs and Chicago White Sox, New York Yankees and New York Mets, Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Clippers, etc. 

Fair enough, thought I would ask.

36 minutes ago, Goran The Man said:

I have good proposals for the two leagues for Solar League Baseball:

They could be called: the Sputnik League and the Vanguard League - both representing the first launches into space.

I second this. Especially the Sputnik League.

Four sets, four CLASSICS!

(Though it'll take me a while to wrap my mind around the idea of a male valkyrie like V2s logo depicts.)

Wow. That Scorpions set. Count me as a Titan fan!

Love the new expansion team designs! The Giants and Scorpions are my favorites. And "Venus Valkyries" has a great ring to it. 

There may be a male version I don't know about, but aren't Valkyries all female? It's a great name, and a nice ring, but it's a little strange to hear of male valkyries.

1 hour ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

There may be a male version I don't know about, but aren't Valkyries all female? It's a great name, and a nice ring, but it's a little strange to hear of male valkyries.

This is true. The male versions are called Berserkers. 

2 hours ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

This is true. The male versions are called Berserkers. 

Mhmm, that’s interesting. I didn’t know that. You guys bring up a great point. Perhaps it could mean for a name or a logo change down the road?

In this “world” that I designed, in the distant future, gender really doesn’t matter much and they’re all equals.

But maybe I could modify the logo to make it more gender neutral. 

So I was looking back at the logos and noticed that the R and the Y in the Venus Valkyries logo is switched. Just wanted to bring it up. Besides that, it looks great.

47 minutes ago, SpartanDesigns said:

So I was looking back at the logos and noticed that the R and the Y in the Venus Valkyries logo is switched. Just wanted to bring it up. Besides that, it looks great.

Craaaaaaaaap......... lol, thank you for the heads up. I'll tweak it when I have the opportunity to do so. 

Man! These are all great sets! I do kinda wish that you replaced the cream jersey for Kennedy with a blue jersey with white pants, but the cream is very unique! Also, Titan is incredible, and I love the Valkyries logo. Keep it up!