RoughRiders99

Solar League Baseball - A Future History: 2531-33 Season Recaps, Expansion (Io, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto) in 2534

2520 Season

dsT9fr2.jpg

Season Recap

Astro League

The Mercury Mets won their third Astro League regular season in four years with the help from their power arms. Closer Aruto Sundholm became the first ever pitcher to crack the 50-save mark, by recording a league-record 51 saves. His era was microscopic at just 0.98. At the top of the rotation was Clayton Sheehan, who led the league with 19 wins, 220 innings pitched and walked just 1.1 per nine innings. The two of them finished 1-2 in the Pitcher of the Year voting… As a team, the Ceres Belters led the league in batting average (.289) and hits. They had three players with 174+ hits… The Luna Apollos won Game 163 to sneak into the postseason. Centerfielder Ryan Veilluex led the AL with 117 RBIs, and veteran Peter Dierauer paced the league with 106 walks, the fourth year in row he’ve led the league in walks… In other news, Rob Beckman, who signed with the Earth Astronauts prior to the season, picked up his 3,000th career hit on April 21.

Cosmo League

The Titan Scorpions picked up their first postseason berth by winning the Cosmo League regular season title with 91 wins, a 15-win improvement from last season. It also was their first winning season. The Titans had a strong player in each of their three aspects, the lineup, the rotation, and the bullpen. Outfielder Yoshiomi Miyagi broke out and led the league with 40 homers, 10 triples, and 60 stolen bases to put up a WAR of 10.7, good for 5th all-time. Mario King led the league with an ERA of 3.74, while closer Tommy Ratz picked up 49 saves… The most exciting player in SLB, Amreet Suruchi, led the Ganymede Giants by leading the league multiple categories. He had 243 hits, 100 walks, 142 runs, and he won his second battle title with an average of .374. Just for kicks, he finished second with 59 stolen bases and 10.2 WAR, both right behind Miyagi. In a milestone news, veteran Adam Morgenstern also picked up his 3,00th hit on July 14… Jacob Havens carried the Venus Reign on his back to their second postseason appearance by putting up a WAR of 9.8. He led the league with 44 doubles and 133 RBIs. The 27-year old third baseman is set to become a free agent and is expecting a big payday.   

All-Solar Game

The Cosmo League have the bragging rights for the year after beating the Astro League by the score of 6-5 at Kennedy Field in Kennedy on The Moon. The game was scoreless until the bottom of the sixth inning, where Amreet Suruchi (Ganymede) opened up a three-run inning with an RBI single. The Astro League chipped away at the 3-0 lead by an RBI single from Ramon Elias (Ceres) and a homer from Danny Sallado (Ceres) to make it a 3-2 game. The Cosmo League responded with a three-run homer from Jonas Pahl (Venus R.) to make it a 6-3 game. The Astro League made it interesting with a pinch-hit, three-run homer from Sandy Weil (Earth) in the top of the ninth inning, but couldn’t catch up with the Cosmo League. Despite the losing effort, Weil picked up the All-Solar Game MVP honors.

Astro League Starting Lineup (in July 2520)

1.    CF Emmanuel Yackel, Mercury

2.    RF Bubba Forrest, Mars

3.    3B Peter Dierauer, Luna

4.    1B Antonio Garcia, Mars

5.    LF Ryan Veilleux, Luna

6.    SS Jon Marquez, Earth

7.    DH Taktsugu Nakesone, Mars

8.    2B Bill Walters, Venus

9.    C Jeremy Lewis, Mars

---

SP. Matt Bashore, Ceres

Cosmo League Starters (in July 2520)

1.    SS Ben Mapstone, Venus

2.    RF Amreet Suruchi, Ganymede

3.    3B Jacob Havens, Venus

4.    DH Jesus Diaz, Mendez

5.    CF Yoshiomi Miyagai, Titan

6.    1B Aaron Oberle, Ganymede

7.    LF Chris Nielsen, Mendez

8.    2B Adam Morgenstern, Venus

9.    C Trevor Wilson, Kennedy

---

SP. Luke Herring, Titan

Awards

Astro League

Reliever of the Year       RP Arturo Sundholm, Mercury

Rookie of the Year         CF Bobby Schnabel, Mars

Manager of the Year      MG Bill Esquibel, Ceres

Pitcher of the Year         RP Arturo Sundholm, Mercury

Most Valuable Player    1B Rob Beckham, Earth

Cosmo League

Reliever of the Year       RP Jose Rivera, Titan

Rookie of the Year         1B Jonas Pahl, Venus R.

Manager of the Year      MG Paul Stearman, Ganymede

Pitcher of the Year         SP Mario King, Titan

Most Valuable Player    CF Yoshiomi Miyagi, Titan

Top Position Players

As of November 2520

1.    LF Amreet Suruchi, GAN   

2.    3B Jacob Havens, FA

3.    CF Yoshiomi Miyagyi, TTN

4.    1B Rob Beckman, VEN     

5.    CF Phil Price, GAN             

6.    1B Aaron Oberle, GAN       

7.    RF Dan Jelinek, EAR         

8.    2B Bill Walters, VEN          

9.    3B Peter Dierauer, FA        

10. SS Ryan Peterson, MER   

Top Pitchers

As of November 2520

1.    SP Clayton Sheehan, MER

2.    SP Taylor Schultz, EAR

3.    SP Danny DeVoe, FA

4.    SP Luke Herring, TTN

5.    SP Mike Cesario, VEN

6.    SP Qian-hua Zhen, LUN

7.    SP Mario Reynoso, VEN

8.    SP Andy Markos, JUP

9.    SP Jake Stoltzfus, TTN

10. SP Mario King, TTN

2520 Postseason

Special Game 163

For the first time ever in SLB history, there was a one-game playoff for the rights to play in the postseason. With an identical season record, the Luna Apollos hosted the Venus Sparrows in Game 163 to compete for the no. 3 slot in the Astro League postseason. It became an instant classic in SLB lore. In the top of the ninth inning, down by two, the Sparrows’ Masaru Kashiwagi hit a two-run homer to tie the game 3-3. In the bottom of the 11th inning, all-time WAR leader Peter Dierauer of the Apollos led off the inning with a double. Ryan Veilleux followed him with a walk-off single to send the Apollos to the postseason.

Wild Card Games

It was all about Matt Bashore, the starting pitcher for the Belters in the AWCG. In a seven-inning, one-run effort, he guided the Belters to a 2-1 victory over the Luna Apollos. In the second inning, Sadakuno Kihara blasted a two-run homer, and the Belters never looked back. John Kern of the Apollos brought the game within one run with a homer of his own in the eighth inning, but it wasn’t enough.

The Ganymede Giants jumped out ahead with a 6-0 lead by the sixth inning, but fell behind in a frantic comeback from the Venus Reign in the top of the ninth inning. The Giants responded with walk-off single by none than other Amreet Suruchi to win the game, 8-7, in the CWCG. Suruchi went 3 for 4 with two RBIs.

League Championship Series

The Astro League Championship Series went all the way to the hallowed Game 7, where the Mercury Mets defeated the Ceres Belters 5-1 to clinch a spot in the Galactic Series. It will be the Mets’ eighth appearance in the Galactic Series. Manny Perez of the Mets picked up 12 RBIs while hitting two homers in Game 2 to earn the series MVP honors.

The Titan Scorpions’ inexperience in the postseason clearly showed, as the Ganymede Giants flattened them, four games to one. The only game the Scorpions was able to win was Game 4. Otherwise, it was all about the Giants. Series MVP Kazuhiro Fujimoto slugged 1.105 with three homers and 12 RBIs and collected 10 hits in 19 at-bats. It will be the Giants’ first appearance in the Galactic Series.

Galactic Series

For the eighth time in SLB history, it took the entirety of the Galactic Series to determine who the 2520 champions were, as the Ganymede Giants beat the Mercury Mets in seven games. In most of the games, there was a clear-cut winner of the game. There was only one game decided by one game, Game 3. Kazuhiro Fujimoto continued his hot streak and picked up seven RBIs and two homers with 14 hits in 28 at-bats. He also set a postseason record for the most hits (26) and RBIs (20). Naturally the series MVP went to him. Aaron Oberle and Adam Morgenstern also hit four and three homers respectively for the Giants.

Game-by-Game Results

G1 – Ganymede 5, Mercury 3

G2 – Ganymede 8, Mercury 5

G3 – Ganymede 4, Mercury 3

G4 – Mercury 10, Ganymede 5

G5 – Mercury 11, Ganymede 5

G6 – Mercury 6, Ganymede 4

G7 – Ganymede 6, Mercury 1

GPliWX8.jpg

Last 5 Galactic Series

2519 – Earth over Jupiter, 4-2

2518 – Mercury over Venus R., 4-1

2517 – Jupiter over Venus S., 4-3

2516 – Mars over Mendez, 4-2

2515 – Ceres over Jupiter, 4-3

Good morning, everybody. Just thought I'd let you know where I'm currently at right now.

I already simulated the 2021 season, so that season should be up sometimes during today. 

I've already designed the full uniform set for the Emperors. 

But I'm still "working" on the second Mars team. I'm struggling at coming up with a logo set for the Flames or Rays or possibly even the "Canyons" if I go that route. I have a feeling that I'll be going with a mountains/desert/sun/wild west type of theme due to its proximity to Valles Marineries. In other words, it's like I'm placing a team near the Grand Canyon on Earth. While I LOVE the Rays and Flames, please forgive me if I somehow go a different route if I find a logo/uniform that works for me. I'm still open to discussion here to bounce off ideas with each other.  

Then, I need to create a schedule for a 14-team (2 leagues of 7 teams) league for the OOTP simulation. 

I think that's all I got for now. 

Thanks again for all of your support! 

17 minutes ago, RoughRiders99 said:

But I'm still "working" on the second Mars team. I'm struggling at coming up with a logo set for the Flames or Rays or possibly even the "Canyons" if I go that route. I have a feeling that I'll be going with a mountains/desert/sun/wild west type of theme due to its proximity to Valles Marineries. In other words, it's like I'm placing a team near the Grand Canyon on Earth. While I LOVE the Rays and Flames, please forgive me if I somehow go a different route if I find a logo/uniform that works for me. I'm still open to discussion here to bounce off ideas with each other.  

If you do the Rays, how about something like this:

fahrenheit-451-full-sleeve-lres.jpg?w=86

The two crossed match sticks could double as baseball bats. 

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

If you do the Rays, how about something like this:

fahrenheit-451-full-sleeve-lres.jpg?w=86

The two crossed match sticks could double as baseball bats. 

Ooo, that's a great one. I already have something cooked up this morning (hint: it'll be called the Valles Marineris ________) but given with what I made, I think this would make a fantastic alternate logo. Thanks!

2521 Season

1Yuff2R.jpg

Season Recap

Astro League

The Mars Warriors had a 16-win improvement from last season and won their first regular season title since 2508, where they won four in a row back then. They had strong pitching at the top of their rotation with Pat Barnes (16 wins, 3.54 ERA) and Larry Moorhead (15 wins, 3.86 ERA). They also led the league with .345 OBP. Veteran third baseman Peter Dierauer led the league in walks for the fifth consecutive year with 88 trips… The Venus Sparrows had a 1-2 punch of their own in the rotation with Mike Cesario (222 innings, 3.20 era) and Edwin Curiel who led the AL with 2.90 ERA). The team also was a triples machine, as Javy Iglesias (16), Bill Walters (14), and Gerardo Hubbell (12) finished in the top three in the AL with triples… The Ceres Belters used a balanced lineup and pitching to earn the third slot in the postseason. Ernesto Reyes led the league with three shutouts and just .48 homers per 9 innings. The team also finished first in average, homers, and stolen bases.

Cosmo League

The Venus Reign won their first regular season title in franchise history by winning 96 games. They used lots of small ball to win games, as they led the league in AVG, OBP, runs scored, and stolen bases. They had four players with 40+ stolen bases, three players with an average above .320, two players with 100+ runs, and one player who led the league in RBIs; Jonas Pahl with 114 RBIs. Starter Mario Reynoso also broke out and led the league in ERA with 2.80 while gathering a WAR of 5.0… Despite a losing record, the Jupiter Kings returned to the postseason after missing last year. Shortstop Nate Reppert paced the league with 223 hits, 11 triples, 115 runs, and 52 stolen bases for a WAR of 6.6… The Titan Scorpions seemed to come back to Earth (or Titan?) after their 91-win season with a 79-win season. But due to the weak division, the Scorpions were able to clinch the no. 3 slot in the postseason. Yoshiomi Miyagi picked up his second MVP honors by leading the league with 40 homers once again.   

All-Solar Game

It felt like they only needed two innings to play this All-Solar Game, as the Astro League defeated the Cosmo League 13-3 at Warrior Stadium in Ares City on Mars. The Cosmo League opened the scoring with a three-run inning in the second inning. Eddie Centeno (Titan) hit a two-run double. However, the Astro League had their own huge inning, scoring 12 runs in the seventh inning. They just kept on stringing together hits to keep the rally going. Five AL players picked up two hits in the game. Sandy Weil (Earth) earned the MVP honors by going 2 for 2 with two RBIs. Surprisingly, there was no homers the game.

Astro League Starting Lineup (in July 2521)

1.    CF Manny Perez, Mercury

2.    DH Mike Lazcano, Earth

3.    3B Jacob Havens, Mercury

4.    SS Dante Nunez, Luna

5.    1B Rob Beckman, Earth

6.    RF Bobby Schnabel, Mars

7.    LF Vinny Espinoza, Mercury

8.    C Jeremy Lewis, Mars

9.    2B Bill Walters, Venus

---

SP. Mike Cesario, Venus

Cosmo League Starters (in July 2521)

1.    SS Nate Reppert, Jupiter

2.    2B Ben Mapstone, Venus

3.    RF Amreet Suruchi, Ganymede

4.    1B Tom Kirby, Kennedy

5.    CF Yoshiomi Miyagai, Titan

6.    3B Eddie Centeno, Titan

7.    LF Ryan Cox, Mendez

8.    DH Jesus Diaz, Mendez

9.    C Dave Lanuza, Jupiter

---

SP. Mario Reynoso, Venus

Awards

Astro League

Reliever of the Year       RP Bobby Fitzgerald, Ceres

Rookie of the Year         RHP Edwin Cuirel, Venus

Manager of the Year      MG Bill Esquibel, Ceres

Pitcher of the Year         SP Mike Cesario, Venus

Most Valuable Player    SS Dante Nunez, Luna

Cosmo League

Reliever of the Year       RP Zack Mooney, Mendez

Rookie of the Year         1B Cory Bassage, Venus

Manager of the Year      MG Seth Hall, Venus

Pitcher of the Year         SP Mario Reynoso, Venus

Most Valuable Player    CF Yoshiomi Miyagi, Titan (2x)

Top Hitters

(by WAR)

1.    CF Yoshiomi Miyagi, Titan

2.    SS Dante Nunez, Luna

3.    SS Nate Reppert, Jupiter

4.    3B Jacob Havens, Mercury

5.    3B Eddie Centeno, Titan

6.    SS Ben Mapstone, Venus R.

7.    CF Jared Wood, Mendez

8.    1B Jason Bigelow, Titan

9.    1B Jonas Pahl, Venus R.

10. RF Takatsgu Nakason, Mars

Top Pitchers

(by WAR)

1.    SP Mario Reynoso, Venus R.

2.    SP Danny Lozano, Luna

3.    SP Mike Cesario, Venus S.

4.    SP Luke Herring, Titan

5.    SP Pat Barnes, Mars

6.    SP Aaron Willilams, Mendez

7.    SP Ernesto Reyes, Ceres

8.    SP Sergio Ulmer, Jupiter

9.    SP Larry Moorehead, Mars

10. SP Dennis Stillwell, Mendez

2521 Postseason

Wild Card Games

Sometimes the heroes can come out of nowhere, and that was the case for a 39-year old journeyman infielder Matt Townsend of the Ceres Belters. As the no. 9 hitter in the lineup, he drove in all three of the Belters’ runs to help them clinch a 3-1 victory over the Venus Sparrows in the AWCG. He hit a two-run single in the second inning, and added an insurance homer in the eighth inning.

It was a game where if you blinked your eyes, you missed it. In the CWCG, the Jupiter Kings battled the Titan Scorpions until the bottom of the 10th inning, where Hiroshi Taniguchi hit a walk-off single to lift the Kings to a 1-0 victory. Kings starter Vince Dell’Orto pitched 9.1 shutout innings and allowed just three hits and one walk on 97 pitches to pick up the MVP honors. 

League Championship Series

Inspired by Matt Townsend’s heroics in the AWCG, the Ceres Belters swept the heavily favored Mars Warriors in four games in the ALCS. Outfielder Joe Van den Boom of the Belters got his 15 minutes of fame, as he earned the MVP honors by leading the team with five RBIs while slugging two homers. Ernesto Reyes, a two-time All-Solar pitcher, pitched a complete game and allowed no earned runs in Game 2.

The CLCS almost was the exact same as the ALCS. But the Venus Reign had something to say about it. After being down three games, the Reign rattled off four straight victories to defeat the Jupiter Kings to clinch a berth in the Galactic Series. CL Rookie of the Year Cory Bassage had six RBIs while two-time All-Solar Ben Mapstone had seven RBIs for the Reign. In a losing effort, Kings outfielder Hiroshi Taniguchi picked up the Series MVP after driving in 14 RBIs on five homers and 11 hits.   

Galactic Series

The Venus Reign has a knack for making things dramatic. After winning the first three games, history nearly repeated itself as the Ceres Belters won three straight games to force a Game 7. However, the Reign won the game decisively by the score of 11-1 to pick up their first Galactic Series title in franchise history. Reign starter Tom Short, who won Game 3 with a complete game, put a stop on the Belters’ streak with another complete game effort, striking out nine to win Game 7. He allowed just four runs in 18 innings of work. Cory Bassage continued his torrid streak in the postseason by slugging .621 with three homers and seven RBIs on 11 hits to pick up the Galactic Series MVP.

Game-by-Game Results

G1 – Venus 4, Ceres 3

G2 – Venus 8, Ceres 3

G3 – Venus 11, Ceres 3

G4 – Ceres 8, Venus 3

G5 – Ceres 6, Venus 2

G6 – Ceres 7, Venus 2

G7 – Venus 11, Ceres 1

hvukDUK.jpg

Past Galactic Series

2520 – Ganymede over Mercury, 4-3

2519 – Earth over Jupiter, 4-2

2518 – Mercury over Venus R., 4-1

2517 – Jupiter over Venus S., 4-3

2516 – Mars over Mendez, 4-2

2515 – Ceres over Jupiter, 4-3

2514 – Luna over Mendez, 4-3

2513 – Mercury over Mendez, 4-3

2512 – Mendez over Luna, 4-1

2511 – Ceres over Luna, 4-3

2510 – Luna over Earth, 4-3

2509 – Luna over Mars, 4-1

2508 – Mars over Luna, 4-2

2507 – Luna over Mars, 4-3

2506 – Mars over Earth, 4-2

2505 – Mars over Earth, 4-1

2504 – Mars over Mercury, 4-1

2503 – Earth over Mercury, 4-1

2502 – Earth over Mercury, 4-0

2501 – Earth over Mercury, 4-2

2500 – Earth over Mercury, 4-2

RoughRiders99's Notes/Disclaimers: 

I'm pretty much done with the expansion teams' logo and uniforms. Still a few more housekeeping things for me to do. I need to sim one more season (2522) in OOTP, then implement the two teams into OOTP. I also have to work on the 14-team schedule layout. I have it ready, just need to get the coding right for OOTP (coding is a bitch). And then I want to experiment with a possible "pre-season post" where I'd post the preseason predictions, major FA signings, Hall-of-Fame info and so on forth. No promises on that one.

Also, the last few "season recaps" had something different at the end of it. The recent one was top 10 hitters/pitchers sorted by WAR. The other one was provided by OOTP itself. What do you think? Do you like it or nah? Do you prefer OOTP's system (based on ratings, I believe) or sorted by WAR from said season? 

Not sure when the next posts will be, but as always, I'll be around so we can still discuss this league!  

Just now, BellaSpurs said:

God dammit Sparrows

I'm almost starting to think that they are the St. Louis Browns to the Cardinals of the Venus Reign.

2 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

I'm almost starting to think that they are the St. Louis Browns to the Cardinals of the Venus Reign.

Probably

@RoughRiders99when will we see some teams changing their look up? Some teams have been around 20 years it seems it’s time for a change maybe?

8 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

Probably

@RoughRiders99when will we see some teams changing their look up? Some teams have been around 20 years it seems it’s time for a change maybe?

To be honest, I'm not really planning on doing that too much. I tried to keep as many teams "timeless" as I can, but every once in a while, I may change a team or two a little bit. No major rebranding, but just little tweaks here and there. I actually already have a minor one planned for the Jupiter Kings (for when the expansion teams enter the league). I also wouldn't mind doing one for the Venus Sparrows (mostly the colors because the orange/yellow blends too much). Otherwise, I have no plans right now.

10 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

As of now, the Venus Sparrows (one of the Original Six teams), Titan Scorpions, and Kennedy Rockets are the only ones that haven't won a Galactic Series title yet. 

To pour salt on wound, the Sparrows also have never won a single regular season title (best record) while the Rockets and Scorpions already have one each. 

1 hour ago, RoughRiders99 said:

As of now, the Venus Sparrows (one of the Original Six teams), Titan Scorpions, and Kennedy Rockets are the only ones that haven't won a Galactic Series title yet. 

To pour salt on wound, the Sparrows also have never won a single regular season title (best record) while the Rockets and Scorpions already have one each. 

Ouch, but yeah, you’re right

2522 Preseason

Hall of Fame

January 7th, 2522

One of the best players ever, right fielder Miguel Medrano, has received the ultimate honor for a baseball player -- being inducted into the Solar League Baseball Hall of Fame.

The induction ceremony, which was held today, included tributes from his former teammates. One of them recognized his unparalleled work ethic, another his "naturally pure" swing, and yet another, his love for the game.

Medrano received numerous awards during his playing days, but he said nothing could compare to being enshrined into the Hall of Fame.

In a career spanning 1866 games, Medrano batted .305 with 2059 hits, 340 home runs, 1326 RBIs and 1270 runs scored.

He played 15 seasons for the Mars Warriors. In his final two years, he played for the Ganymede Giants and Kennedy Rockets as a part-time player.

He retired in 2517. He was elected to the Hall on his 1st try, with 67.9% of the vote.

Players require 66% of ballots cast to be elected to the Hall, may stay on the ballot for up to 10 years if they receive at least 5% of the votes. Players must be retired for 5 years before they are eligible for induction to the Hall of Fame.

S1R2KIo.png

HOF Classes

2522 – RF Miguel Medrano (Mars)

2521 – no players inducted

2520 – SS Zack Dobson (Earth)

2519 – C Dylan Nulph (Mars), SP Dylan Heuer (Earth)

2518 – CF Luke Tasler (Earth)

2517 – RF Xie-li Shui (Mercury), CL Jerrod Pickens (Mercury), 3B Jonny Furman (Earth)

Players are listed with their primary team

Preseason Predictions

According to OOTP Scouting Association (OSA)

Astro League

1.    Luna Apollos

2.    Earth Astronauts

3.    Ceres Belters

4.    Mercury Mets

5.    Venus Sparrows

6.    Mars Warriors

Cosmo League

1.    Venus Reign

2.    Titan Scorpions

3.    Mendez Islanders

4.    Jupiter Kings

5.    Ganymede Giants

6.    Kennedy Rockets

Top Prospects

Overall ranking, Position, Name, Team, Age

Top 10 Hitters

1) 1B Ramon Poston, Earth, 24

2) C Nick Miller, Earth, 19

3) RF Marcos Houston, Mendez, 22

7) LF Tim Glisson, Venus, 21

9) 3B Hidekazu Asano, Mars, 21

13) RF Russell Bernard, Jupiter, 22

14) CF Chris Weatherby, Jupiter, 24

16) CF C.J. Robinette, Luna, 22

18) CF Alex Casados, Jupiter, 22

19) RF Johnny Haist, Mendez, 24

Top 10 Pitchers

4) SP Jason Menter, Venus, 23

5) SP Edgar Burke, Mendez, 24

6) RP Brett Sanders, Titan, 22

8) SP Bill Evans, Mendez, 25

10) RP Danny Zamudio, Ganymede, 24

11) SP Bobby Boen, Titan, 23

12) SP Jake Toppel, Kennedy, 22

15) RP Jesus Lopez, Ganymede, 19

17) SP Jorge Buzzell, Luna, 25

22) SP Mario Eckhardt, Venus, 22

Minor League System Rankings

1.    Jupiter Kings

2.    Mendez Islanders

3.    Earth Astronauts

4.    Venus Sparrows

5.    Venus Reign

6.    Titan Scorpions

7.    Mars Warriors

8.    Luna Apollos

9.    Ganymede Giants

10. Mercury Mets

11. Kennedy Rockets

12. Ceres Belters

RoughRiders99's Notes/Disclaimers:

Thought I'd try something new, a "preseason" post! Let me know what you think of it, and if there's anything else you'd like to see/removed/etc. This is more of an experimental post, so forgive the crude formatting/information if you feel there is one. I'm going to let this post sit for a while and get some comments on it before I post the 2522 season recap and postseason posts. 

I'd suggest that you either put Venus R. or Venus S..or just use the team names for the Prospect preview

14 minutes ago, Darknes said:

I'd suggest that you either put Venus R. or Venus S..or just use the team names for the Prospect preview

Whoops. Thanks for the heads up. I'll either use Venus S. / Venus R. or Venus (AL) / Venus (CL) 

I like that preseason post, really gives a glimpse of the future and incorporates the HOF class we requested. On a separate note, do you plan to separate the two expansion teams, realign, or both?

I would move Jupiter to the Astro League and put both expansion teams in the Cosmo League. When it gets to 16, put Mendez in the Astro League.

8 hours ago, SpartanDesigns said:

I like that preseason post, really gives a glimpse of the future and incorporates the HOF class we requested. On a separate note, do you plan to separate the two expansion teams, realign, or both?

8 hours ago, Goran The Man said:

I would move Jupiter to the Astro League and put both expansion teams in the Cosmo League. When it gets to 16, put Mendez in the Astro League.

A little of both, yes. Goran has part of it correct though! Nice guess. I won’t tell you which one you got right, but you have a 50-50 shot :)

8 hours ago, Yee Yee Go 'Stros! said:

Just curious, where are the Minor League teams located?

Good idea. Maybe I’ll make a special post that focus on the minor leagues. 

But here’s the basic layout (to my best memory, don’t have OOTP open now):

AAA - 6 teams on the moon, 6 on Mars

AA - 8 on the moon, 4 on the Galilean Moons

A - 6 on the Lagrange Islands, 6 in North America on Earth. 

Most of the teams were just mostly randomized generated by OOTP using the fictional space cities that I added to the game file, but I also tried to make the affliations make sense, such as Ganymede’s AA team also on Ganymede, Mars’ AAA team on Mars, etc. 

I also have 64 college teams split in four conferences as a feeder league for the SLB.