RoughRiders99

Solar League Baseball - A Future History: 2538 Season

Out of curiosity, how did Ganymede play 163 games, and no other team played more than 162? Because it appears that the 163rd game was a loss that put them in third, one spot below Titan.

On 4/10/2018 at 9:32 AM, Dan O'Mac said:

Out of curiosity, how did Ganymede play 163 games, and no other team played more than 162? Because it appears that the 163rd game was a loss that put them in third, one spot below Titan.

Whoops. It was a typo. Their record should have been 71-91 instead of 72-90. 

Hey! I have been gone for a while, life got in the way and I forgot to check regularly. I know that it was probably a while ago for everyone else , but when I came back to see my favorite team (mars) with a redesign, I was VERY impressed. I used to like the warriors for the planet, and now with them being backed up by what I think is the best logo and color set in the league, there’s no way I’m changing, even if they miss the playoffs consistently. Nice job again!

Nice to see you again! No worries about life getting in the way. It's happening to me too. Juggling three jobs (which two just started when MLB* started again), girlfriend, family, and all that stuff can be daunting.

That's why the updates have been so sparse lately! I've been toying with the idea of possibly of doing a time skip so I can get started on the next expansion rounds. 

Would anybody be ok with that? I'd probably post a few abbreviated seasons recaps to speed things up. I'm itching to get to the next rounds of expansions! In my two previous Solar League threads (in the concept forums), I've always said that I'll finish at 20 teams, and I never did. But right now at 16 teams, I'm so close I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

I already have an idea of the next 2-4 locations. It's just the matter of helping out with the branding/design/etc. THEN... after 20 teams, I might try something different. 

*In case anybody was wondering, I work with MLB.com as a photo editor and also am the team photographer for the local minor league team. 

EDIT: My point of this post - I'm busy with my lifetime, so my updates inevitably are going to be slow. BUT... I love this project and I want to keep it going for as long as I can. So all I ask you SLB fans is for your patience, and your support, and your engagements in helping me expand the league! Thanks! 

Skipping a few seasons seems completely fine for me, I think the expansion is one of the best parts of this anyway, excited to see what you have come up with

5 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

Skipping a few seasons seems completely fine for me, I think the expansion is one of the best parts of this anyway, excited to see what you have come up with

Sounds good, man. I have the same feeling. It's more fun to expand this league and whatnot. 

Here's a brief outlook for the future. The next expansion probably will come with four new teams at predetermined locations (not saying where they will be yet!). Once there are 20 teams, I'll let the league sit for a while, before listing up to possibly 20-25 cities around the galaxy, and hopefully have some of the regular readers select a city or two and try to debate with each other about where the next expansion teams should be! It's an idea right now, I don't have all the details cranked out yet. But it's something I'm working on. 

Sounds great! I think that we’ll be fine if we skip a few seasons. As long as we have base stats like the champions, I bet we all will be just happy to see some new teams!

4 hours ago, SpartanDesigns said:

Sounds great! I think that we’ll be fine if we skip a few seasons. As long as we have base stats like the champions, I bet we all will be just happy to see some new teams!

Same here. Like the decision of skipping a few, this has been a great series so far! 

This is legit awesome, funny and stupid all at the same time:lol::lol: great job man keep it up

Hey guys!

Just wanted to give out an update to everybody: I’ve been so busy lately I’m juggling three separate jobs and personal life things, I haven’t had the time to fire up OOTP and play around with this league. 

But one one of the jobs is ending at the end of the school year (late May/early June), so maybe I might be able to get some time to work on this league!

I wanted everybody to know that this league isn’t dead. It’s just on a brief hiatus. I love this project and I want to keep it going for as long as I can. 

Thanks for your support and patience! If it wasn’t for your comments and followings, this gig would have never gotten off the ground!

You guys rock!

1 hour ago, RoughRiders99 said:

Hey guys!

Just wanted to give out an update to everybody: I’ve been so busy lately I’m juggling three separate jobs and personal life things, I haven’t had the time to fire up OOTP and play around with this league. 

But one one of the jobs is ending at the end of the school year (late May/early June), so maybe I might be able to get some time to work on this league!

I wanted everybody to know that this league isn’t dead. It’s just on a brief hiatus. I love this project and I want to keep it going for as long as I can. 

Thanks for your support and patience! If it wasn’t for your comments and followings, this gig would have never gotten off the ground!

You guys rock!

Hey man, take your time! We can wait. 

Take your time!  Just wondering, are you with the Frisco Roughriders?

14 hours ago, Yee Yee Go 'Stros! said:

Take your time!  Just wondering, are you with the Frisco Roughriders?

Nah, it’s just the mascot of the high school I attended. You’re not the first person to ask me this! Haha 

Hi everybody, 

How are you fine folks doing? Just wanted to check in and let you know that I don't have an update right now! But I do still plan on coming back to this project when some time frees up for me. Unfortunately, I just don't know when that is. 

I'll most likely leap ahead a few seasons so we can get right into the next rounds of expansion(s). P.S. The next rounds most likely will have four teams! Three in the outer planets, and one on a moon on a gas giant. 

I do have a question for anybody who may know this: What's the minimum length before this thread gets locked or something due to inactivity? I just don't want to live out my life, and come back to this thread all locked. 

Thanks!

All the best,

RR9

I believe a thread gets locked after one year of inactivity. 

2 hours ago, RoughRiders99 said:

I do have a question for anybody who may know this: What's the minimum length before this thread gets locked or something due to inactivity? I just don't want to live out my life, and come back to this thread all locked. 

2 years is the current set-up for the autolocking feature. Even if that happens, hit up a mod and we can unlock it for you when you're ready. 

RoughRiders99's Notes/Disclaimers: I'm back folks!! I finally got some time to sit down and fire up the ole OOTP machine and simmed a few seasons to get a little bit ahead. So I've simmed the 2531-33 seasons and posted the results below. They're quite abbreviated and get the point across. At the end, there's also a leaderboard of the top 10 hitters and pitchers by WAR over a four-year period (2530-33). 

And now... it's time for what we've all been waiting for... EXPANSION!! I'll discuss that in the next post (which will be up shortly).

But for now, enjoy what's happening in the Solar League Baseball! 

As always, if you have any questions or comments, just let me know and I'll be happy to answer! 

2531 Season

Regular Season & Postseason Results

Astro League
AL ENT – Venus Sparrows
AL END – Ceres Belters
AL WC1 – Earth Astronauts
AL WC2 – Mercury Mets

ALCS – Astronauts def. Belters, 4-1

Cosmo League
CL SPU – Venus Reign
CL SOY – Valles Marineris Canyons
CL WC1 – Europa Mastodons
CL WC2 – Ganymede Giants

CLCS – Reign def. Canyons, 4-3

Galactic Series – Astronauts def. Reign, 4-3

Awards

AL MVP – Aaron Taylor, CF, Ceres
AL Pitcher – Jorge Bustillos, SP, Earth
AL Rookie – Andy Pierce, 2B, Luna
AL Manager – Austin Oakes, Earth

CL MVP – Bobby Keenan, CF, PUA
CL Pitcher – Sean Matthews, SP, Valles Marineris
CL Rookie – Li-zhi Kuang, RF, Venus R
CL Manager – Taku Tanaka, Venus R

2532 Season

Astro League
AL ENT – Earth Astronauts
AL END – Callisto Cubs
AL WC1 – Mercury Mets
AL WC2 – Ceres Belters

ALCS – Cubs def. Mets, 4-0

Cosmo League
CL SPU – PUA Emperors
CL WC1 – Titan Scorpions
CL WC2 – Venus Reign

CLCS – Canyons def. Emperors, 4-1

Galactic Series – Cubs def. Canyons, 4-0

Special note – The Cubs swept the entire postseason, winning 11 games and losing no games.

Awards

AL MVP – Joel Heuer, C, Callisto
AL Rookie – Drew Williams, RF, Ceres
AL Manager – Ken Adams, Callisto

CL MVP – Bobby Keenan, CF, PUA
CL Pitcher – Sean Matthews, SP, Valles Marineris
CL Rookie – Kevin Dougherty, RF, Mendez
CL Manager – Taku Tanaka, Venus R

2533 Season

Astro League
AL ENT – Earth Astronauts
AL END – Callisto Cubs
AL WC1 – Mars Warriors
AL WC2 – Luna Apollos

ALCS – Astronauts def. Apollos, 4-1

Cosmo League
CL SPU – Kennedy Rockets
CL WC1 – Titan Scorpions
CL WC2 – Venus Reign

CLCS – Canyons def. Rockets, 4-3

Galactic Series – Astronauts def. Canyons, 4-1

Awards

AL MVP – Joel Heuer, C, Callisto
AL Rookie – Matt Finch, 1B, Jupiter
AL Manager – Ken Adams, Callisto

CL MVP – Bobby Keenan, CF, Kennedy
CL Pitcher – Jose Stephens, SP, Kennedy
CL Rookie – Chris Parks, RF, Europa
CL Manager – Cameron Shoemake, Valles Marineris

Past Galactic Series
2533 – Earth over Valles Mariners, 4-1
2532 – Callisto over Valles Mariners, 4-0
2531 – Earth over Venus R., 4-3
2530 – Valles Mariners over Earth, 4-3
2529 – Venus S. over Venus R., 4-2
2528 – Earth over Venus R., 4-2
2527 – Luna over Ganymede, 4-3
2526 – Earth over Mendez, 4-1
2525 – Earth over Kennedy, 4-2
2524 – Venus S. over Venus R., 4-2
2523 – Earth over Venus R., 4-2
2522 – Venus R. over Venus S., 4-2
2521 – Venus R. over Ceres, 4-3
2520 – Ganymede over Mercury, 4-3
2519 – Earth over Jupiter, 4-2
2518 – Mercury over Venus R., 4-1
2517 – Jupiter over Venus S., 4-3
2516 – Mars over Mendez, 4-2
2515 – Ceres over Jupiter, 4-3
2514 – Luna over Mendez, 4-3
2513 – Mercury over Mendez, 4-3
2512 – Mendez over Luna, 4-1
2511 – Ceres over Luna, 4-3
2510 – Luna over Earth, 4-3
2509 – Luna over Mars, 4-1
2508 – Mars over Luna, 4-2
2507 – Luna over Mars, 4-3
2506 – Mars over Earth, 4-2
2505 – Mars over Earth, 4-1
2504 – Mars over Mercury, 4-1
2503 – Earth over Mercury, 4-1
2502 – Earth over Mercury, 4-0
2501 – Earth over Mercury, 4-2
2500 – Earth over Mercury, 4-2

Leaderboards

Top Hitters by WAR (2530 – 2533)
1. Bobby Keenan, 34.3
2. Joel Heuer, 32.4
3. Ramon Poston, 30.1
4. Jesse Miner, 25.1
5. Chance Larson, 25
6. Aaron Taylor, 22.5
7. Nobuhisa Shimokawa, 22.2
8. Ismael Valdes, 21.2
9. Miguel Rose, 19
10. Basava Umakanta, 18.3

Top Pitchers by WAR (2530 – 2533)
1. Jorge Bustillos, 32.5
2. Sean Matthews, 18.3
3. Jack Robertson, 15
4. Tony Crosley, 14.5
5. Geoff Pope, 14.3
6. Mickey Dickson, 13.9
7. Kazuhisa Okumura, 13.7
8. Chris Frost, 12.5
9. Israel Flores, 12.3
10. Roy Rucker, 12.2

To view MLB players' comparisons to their WAR over the 2014-2017 season, see below. 

Spoiler

FukkSFD.png

For example, Jorge Bustillos has performed better than Clayton Kershaw over the 4-year period, whereas Sean Matthews is somewhat similar to Jake Arrieta and David Price. For hitters, Bobby Keenan is the league's "Mike Trout," while Aaron Taylor is like Jose Altuve. 

Great to see this project back. Looking forward to the expansion teams!