RoughRiders99

Solar League Baseball - A Future History: 2541 Season (Kennedy & Titan new looks for '42)

Rockets and Scorpions unveil new look for 2542 season

KENNEDY, LUNA – Today in Kennedy on the Moon, the Kennedy Rockets and Titan Scorpions unveiled their new looks for the upcoming 2542 season and beyond.

The Rockets fans weren’t too happy with the blue-red scheme, so the owners of the team decided to go with a retro, 10’s-20's look to honor the team’s entry in the Solar League in 2515. Keeping the navy blue, they removed the red and added a light pastel green to their color scheme. Their logo became more retro, art-deco like. They will have pinstripes on both home and road uniforms. Their home uniforms will be green-cream-like instead of fully white. 

vHQeKLH.jpg

TITAN CITY, TITAN, SATURN – Over in the largest city in the Outer Planets, the Titan Scorpions got a new color scheme and received new wordmarks to go along with it. Keeping the original scorpions logo, the new color scheme will be black and desert rock red.

“The previous set we had were too much red and it was too vibrant,” Scorpions owner Tony Williams commented. “So we wanted to return to our desert roots and simplify things with the addition of black and removal of several colors.”

MwUxz0N.jpg

Yes. The Arizona Diamondbacks. I know. While I love their purple-teal look, I feel like there were too many purple teams in the SLB already, so I opted to go with the black-red scheme, which I don’t think SLB has enough of. Plus, no gradients on their uniforms!

I feel the numbers on the Kennedy uniforms get lost in the pinstripes.

The Hounds have finally been unleashed...

I dig the new look for Kennedy. You never know, maybe there is a lot of Art Deco styled buildings in the city. That might help inspire a look like this.

Titan, on the other hand... I wonder if the owner of the team is or was a die hard Arizona Diamondback fan.

Is the player Dimitrije Djokovic a descendant of Novak Djokovic or somewhat related to him in this timeline?

4 hours ago, Dan O'Mac said:

I feel the numbers on the Kennedy uniforms get lost in the pinstripes.

Yeah I'd be inclined to agree with you. I think if I just thicken the numbers it should be ok. 

2 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

The Hounds have finally been unleashed...

I dig the new look for Kennedy. You never know, maybe there is a lot of Art Deco styled buildings in the city. That might help inspire a look like this.

Titan, on the other hand... I wonder if the owner of the team is or was a die hard Arizona Diamondback fan.

You're sorta on point with both of your comments! I wanted to give each team a different visual style. The Titan Scorpions are the "desert" team of the SLB, while the Kennedy Rockets are almost like the New York Mets compared to the Luna Apollos/New York Yankees. Both in large cities on the moon, one older, the other one the younger one. And I've always wanted to try an art deco theme. I think I pulled it off! Just need to thicken the jersey numbers, that's all. 

16 minutes ago, Goran The Man said:

Is the player Dimitrije Djokovic a descendant of Novak Djokovic or somewhat related to him in this timeline?

No idea. It was just a random name that was generated by OOTP. 

Dang, Kennedy looks really good! The only thing I'm not sold on is the "On the moon" part. I understand it looks unbalanced without it, maybe try "Baseball Club" instead?

1 hour ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

Dang, Kennedy looks really good! The only thing I'm not sold on is the "On the moon" part. I understand it looks unbalanced without it, maybe try "Baseball Club" instead?

How about "FROM the Moon" instead? 

"Baseball Club" certainly is an option for sure.

Or maybe find some kind of art deco pattern and put it in there instead of words.  

11 hours ago, RoughRiders99 said:

How about "FROM the Moon" instead? 

"Baseball Club" certainly is an option for sure.

Or maybe find some kind of art deco pattern and put it in there instead of words.  

Yeah, maybe an art deco pattern. I'm just not a big fan of putting a slogan or something like that in a logo. The logo itself is super solid, maybe the best in the league, but the use of a slogan kinda turns me off to it, which is a big shame considering how good it is.

Hey guys, thanks again for your patience for new posts in this thread! 

I just wanted to give a little update on this. This league is... still "alive" in a sense. What I mean by that is that I still have the OOTP files saved and I can pretty much start it up again any time I want to. 

But I do have three issues right now:

1) I just got engaged! (Yay me!) So things are a little hectic right now with my fiancee planning the wedding and whatnot.

2) I've been mulling about starting a new Sports Fan Fiction thread somewhat based on @Section30's hockey thread but still baseball themed. With his permission, of course. So that's sorta taking up time too. 

3) And with 40+ years of game files in my Solar "universe" it's becoming a little harder to keep track of things because there's so much info and so much to sim it's slowing things down. It's becoming a chore at this point. 

So, in sum, this project isn't dead. It's just that it'll likely be on a hiatus for some time due to the issues i listed above. I'll probably even sim a few seasons at times myself to see where things go while I work on my next idea.  

Just wanted to keep you guys in the loop! That's all! Thanks again for everything! You guys rock! 

EDIT: OR.... if I could find a way to make it easier to transfer the stats/standings/etc from OOTP into my graphics, streamline it more so it'll be quicker and less work, that'd be great! May have to make new graphics for that sort of thing if I were to do that. So... if you have ideas on how to do that, feel free to PM me! Thanks again! The Solar League Baseball is still my baby and I really, REALLY want to see this league expand to 30 teams someday (Right now it's at 20). 

EDIT 2: Actually, I'm working right now on finding a faster workflow, so I don't think this project will be on a "hiatus" anymore! Sure, it'll still take few days to get things figured out, but maybe by next Thanksgiving things could start to pick up a little bit. I'm still taking suggestions on how to streamline the workflow though, if anybody have an ideas. Thanks again everybody!