RoughRiders99

Solar League Baseball - A Future History: 2549 Season

7 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Is expansion planned anytime soon? Would it be on other planets or the same just different cities?

Yup! I plan on making a post about expansion after the next season or two. And the locations would depend on the expansion and naming committee, if we are to start one! My overall goal at the moment is to expand this league to 20 teams. There would be teams all over the solar system, from Mercury all the way to Pluto. A few inner system planets (higher population centers) would have multiple teams. 

7 minutes ago, RoughRiders99 said:

Yup! I plan on making a post about expansion after the next season or two. And the locations would depend on the expansion and naming committee, if we are to start one! My overall goal at the moment is to expand this league to 20 teams. There would be teams all over the solar system, from Mercury all the way to Pluto. A few inner system planets (higher population centers) would have multiple teams. 

Sounds awesome, Can’t wait:lol:

2505 Season

svRY82p.jpg

Season Recap

The 2505 season was arguably the wildest season in its young history, as there were three teams racing toward the two Galactic Series spots right down to the last few days. For most of the season, the Mars Warriors were hovering around third place until the home stretch of the season, where they skyrocketed past the Earth Astronauts and the Mercury Mets to the regular season title. All three teams were separated by just two games.

Over the final 60 games, the Warriors went 43-17 and 7-3 in the last 10 games to sneak past the Astronauts. Both the Astronauts and Mets had a strong first half at around 20 games above .500, but had a mediocre second half where they were barely over .500.

Warriors third baseman Peter Dierauer, who won the batting title by hitting at a clip of .383, led the team to their first regular season title. Outfielder Miguel Medrano also had an outstanding season, batting .356, 32 homers, and drove in 133 runs, all in top three of the league.

The Astronauts’ outfielder Luke Tasler set career highs with 40 homers, 135 RBIs, and slugging .635 while serving as the cleanup hitter. As a team, the Astronauts led the league with 209 homers. Their starting pitching struggled a little, as their starter ERA didn’t finish in the top half of the league.

The Mets were hurt immensely by the loss of their star outfielder Xie-li Shui, who got injured with a ruptured tendon in his finger. He had 32 homers and 105 RBIs at the time when he left in his 114th game of the season. There’s a reason why he was a five-time MVP.

There were rumors swirling around the solar system that several higher-ups in the Luna Apollos and Ceres Belters front offices may be on their way out due to their unchanged positions in the standings the last few years.

The Venus Sparrows’ rebuilding plans were taking longer than they though, as they finished last once again. Binya Omoto did lead the league in stolen bases with 54.

Galactic Series VI

Bm8qYBv.jpg

There seems to be a thing for repeat Galactic Series winners. The Mars Warriors defended their 2504 title by winning this year’s Galactic Series four games to one over the Earth Astronauts.

In Ares City on Mars, the Warriors took the first game behind Dan Askeland’s clutch two-out, two-run double. The Astronauts rebounded in Game 2 where they scored two runs in the top of the ninth inning to tie the series.

Moving to Houston, Texas on Earth, Mars essentially became road Warriors (sorry for the terrible pun) and won three straight games to clinch the title. In Game 3, the game lasted 17 innings until Jon McShan and Mark Kantola hit key sacrifice flies in the 17th inning. The Warriors also have a thing for big innings, as they scored eight runs in the 1st inning in Game 4 and seven runs in the fourth inning in Game 5. Warriors reliever Alex Hart pitched four scoreless innings to pick up the save to clinch the series.

The series MVP was the Warriors’ rookie first baseman, Josh McBride, who is just 19 years old. He slashed a line of .370/.393/.630 and led the team with 10 hits.

Awards

Reliever of the Year       RP Jerrod Pickens, Mercury

Rookie of the Year         1B Josh McBride, Mars

Manager of the Year      MG John Arvizo, Mars

Pitcher of the Year         SP Jeremy Winters, Ceres

Most Valuable Player    OF Luke Tasler, Earth

The MVP was down between Tasler and Miguel Medrano of the Warriors, in the closest MVP vote in history of SLB. Tasler batted .339 with 188 hits, 38 doubles, 3 triples, 40 homers and 135 RBIs, while collecting a WAR of 6.8. Medrano batted .356 with 204 hits, 50 doubles, 4 triples, 32 homers, and 133 RBIs, while getting a WAR of 6.2. Tasler had quite plenty of 1st and 2nd places votes, whereas Medrano actually had more 1st place votes. He had just 1-2 too many 3rd place votes to pull him down a little bit.

All-Solar Team

C. Matt Bradbury, Venus

1B. Dylan Nulph, Mars

2B. Ryan Peterson, Mercury

3B. Jonny Furman, Earth

SS. Zack Dobson, Earth

OF. Jim Jackson, Luna

OF. Luke Tasler, Earth

OF. Miguel Medrano, Mars

UT. Josh McBride, Mars

SP. Jeremy Winters, Ceres

SP. Ricardo Medina, Mars

RP. Jerrod Pickens, Mercury

RoughRiders99’s Notes/Disclaimer

Due to popular demand, I've included three uniforms set for the most successful teams of SLB so far, the Earth Astronauts, Mercury Mets and the Warriors! As I mentioned in the original post of this thread, I'm basing a lot of the logos and uniforms set on already established teams. You can view the original stuff in the links below.

In an upcoming post, I'll be doing a recap of the 2506 season and post the Luna, Venus, and Ceres uniform sets as well. In the post after that, I'll be starting the expansion talks! Thanks for reading and your support!

I3e7czc.jpg

Uniforms based on the Houston Astros

KIH5diO.jpg

Uniforms based on the Pittsburgh Pirates

0gJ7qQT.jpg

Uniforms based on the Arkansas Razorbacks

26176110_10213849419967746_1372781520_n.

LAKE ARMSTRONG, Luna – The word out of the Solar League Baseball headquarters in Lake Armstrong on Luna is that Commissioner Anders Sjolund is starting the procedures of expanding the league by two teams by 2509 or 2510.

“With the success of the league for the first five years, we are confident that this league has lots of room to grow,” Sjolund said.

Sjolund said that while the two locations aren’t decided yet, he would assemble a band of league officials and Space Untied Nations (SUN) representatives to form an expansion committee.

For the 2506 season, Sjolund will be sending his people all over the SUN to conduct research to determine “six to eight” viable establishments for the two expansion teams.

Sjolund also even drew out a tentative timeline for the next several years:

• Post 2506 season: six to eight establishment candidates announced
  • Post 2507 season: three finalists announced
  • Post 2508 season: two winners announced, team branding discussion begins
  • Post 2509 season: unveiling of the two expansion teams’ logo/uniform set
  • Start of 2510 season: first season of competition for the expansion teams

Sjolund have made his preferences well known.

“While we would love to have more teams on the Moon, Mars, Venus, and maybe even Earth too,” Sjolund commented. “But I believe it is in the best interests of our league to expand outwards. That means we’re looking at Jupiter and Saturn and beyond.”

Sjolund did acknowledged that the population sizes in the outer solar system would be a factor, but feels strongly that the league’s increasing popularity would offset it.

SLB has stated that the league’s overall goal is to have at least 18-20 teams by 2540, with at least one team on each of the outer planets and multiple teams in the inner solar system. 

And we have officially started the expansion talks! I'll make a post about the 2506 season later today. The post after that one will have six to eight candidates with pros and cons, very similar to Hawkfan89's lists. From there, we can start the voting process of whittling it down to three candidates for a second round of voting. 

Thanks for reading! I'm excited to get this started! 

In Solar League Baseball, do all teams stadiums' play under different gravity conditions (e.g. the gravity on Earth is like 2.6 times as much as Mars)? Or are they fixed so one team doesn't have an advantage against another?

I chose to like mars because of the colors (I like red for teams) and logo but that’s subject to change if I like the expansion teams more. I kind of hope for a Jupiter team, feel like you could do cool desert themes with it. Can’t wait to see the voting options

8 hours ago, Goran The Man said:

In Solar League Baseball, do all teams stadiums' play under different gravity conditions (e.g. the gravity on Earth is like 2.6 times as much as Mars)? Or are they fixed so one team doesn't have an advantage against another?

Great question! The answer is no and yes.

The no being that each planets and moons are terraformed enough and/or is technologically advanced enough to manipulate gravity. So in that case, all stadiums are under equal gravity conditions.

The yes being that each stadiums still have their own quirk due to the size of the planets. For example, Mars and Luna would be more prone to have more homers while Earth and Venus would have more grounders. Think Coors Field, but slightly more exaggerated.   

6 hours ago, SpartanDesigns said:

I chose to like mars because of the colors (I like red for teams) and logo but that’s subject to change if I like the expansion teams more. I kind of hope for a Jupiter team, feel like you could do cool desert themes with it. Can’t wait to see the voting options

Thanks! You can be assured that the more this league expands, the more themes you'll see. In fact, one of the planets/moons (not saying which) has basically be terraformed into a half-tropical, half-snow planet. It would be ideal for tourists who seeks water and beach activities (like Hawaii), AND snowboarding and skiing (like Colorado).  

2506 Season

BOGSYFd.jpg

Season Recap

The two spots for the 2506 Galactic Series came down to three teams on the final day between the Mars Warriors, Earth Astronauts, and Venus Sparrows. All three teams were separated by just one game. The leading Warriors simply needed to win one game to clinch home-field advantage for the Galactic Series, which they did by soundly defeating the Mercury Mets 8-1 on the final day of the season. The Astronauts and Sparrows essentially had a play-in, best-of-three series for the second spot in the Galactic Series. The Sparrows won the first game, but lost the next two games, which clinched a berth for the Astronauts. The Astronauts had too much experience for the extremely young Sparrows team to overcome. 

It was the second straight regular season title for the Warriors, as they finished with 84 wins and just one game ahead of the Astronauts. As a team, they led the league in batting average with .304 overall. They didn’t have many players among the leaderboards, but it was their sheer depth that allowed them to remain in first place. The team had different leaders in different categories; including Mike James in batting average, Miguel Medrano in homers despite being injured late in the season, and Peter Dierauer in RBIs. Their current 3-4-5 hitters (Dierauer, McBride, and Dylan Nulph) all have at least 87 RBIs.

Oddly for the Astronauts, their offense wasn’t the powerhouse it used to be a while back (due to age, loss of stars, injuries), but they still managed to scrap together behind a strong defense and bullpen to clinch their sixth Galactic Series appearance in seven years. Former first baseman Skip Flanagan, who still had a solid season with a line of .316/.415/.529, has become a full-time designated hitter. He made the move to make room for a new young first baseman Miguel Manley, who led the team in homers and RBIs. Luke Tasler regressed a little bit by his standards, but still put up a solid 5.1 WAR season.

The Sparrows came out of nowhere, but everybody was expecting it. With its promising young core of players and a big-time addition in five-time MVP winner, Xie-li Shui, they were able to record their first-ever winning season and came within one game of the Galactic Series. 24-year old Rob Beckman recorded a league-leading 7.8 WAR season and batted a line of .387/.441/.624 and slugged 30 homers. Shui put on his usual power display and hit 46 homers while driving in 127 RBIs. He now has 316 career home runs, well for the all-time lead. Other noteworthy young players the Sparrows have are centerfielder Binya Omoto (24), DH Rogelio Maria (24), and catcher Matt Bradbury (27).

With the loss of their two biggest stars, the Mercury Mets neither finished with a winning or a losing record. They finished right at .500 with a record of 75-75. Second baseman Ryan Peterson has become the face of the Mets, batting .398 on the season, which won him his second batting title of his career. The Mets will have to do some work if they want to jump back in their winning ways, where they made the Galactic Series five times in row and won none of them.

The Luna Apollos have been an interesting team over the last four years. Despite never having a winning season, they’ve steadily improved their wins total for the last four years. Despite making a huge splash, trading five prospects for four-time All-Solar Jonny Furman at midseason, they couldn’t do too much. Two of their lone bright spots were their ace, Takaduni Naito, who pitched 191.1 innings with an ERA of 3.76, and rookie outfielder Fadeyka Payatov, who batted .366 with 5 homers and 46 RBIs.

The Ceres Belters are in similar boat as the Apollos, averaging just 63 wins over the last four years. The Belters’ best player of the season was 24-year old Donovan Sheridan, who batted .303/.352/.506 and collected 21 homers. But the biggest news was the firing of Rob Selsor and Jaime Rodgers, the general manager and manager respectively. The shake-up in the front office and on the field should lead to some major changes for the Belters.

Galactic Series VII

eBnPNlV.jpg

The team on the right and in white uniforms has the home-field advantage.

It was a back-and-forth affair between the Mars Warriors and the Earth Astronauts for the first four games. The Warriors managed to win Game 5 and 6 to clinch their third straight title.

In Game 1, it was a home run derby for both teams, with six total homers in the Mars’ 11-5 win.

In Game 2, Earth’s Nate Sackman tossed seven solid innings of one-run ball to even the series, but Mars responded with a Game 3 victory behind Zong-ming Ren’s seven innings of one-run ball to retake the series lead.

In Game 4, Adam Morgenston of Earth hit two homers in a 10-6 victory. In Game 5, Mark Kantola of Mars drove in three runs. Miguel Medrano hit a timely two-run, two-out double in the seventh inning to give Mars a lead in the seventh inning of Game 6. From there, the Warriors bullpen held the Astronauts in check to win the title.

Despite being on the losing team, Adam Morgenston was named the MVP of the series, batting .400/.444/.760 with three homers and six RBIs. The Warriors’ MVP would have been David DeSalvo, who had seven RBIs on eight hits with a slugging percentage of .609.

Awards

Reliever of the Year       RP Moises Frankel, Mars

Rookie of the Year         CF Fadeyka Payatov, Luna

Manager of the Year      MG John Arvizo, Mars

Pitcher of the Year         SP Tadakuni Naito, Luna

Most Valuable Player    3B Rob Beckham, Venus

All-Solar Team

C. Matt Bradbury, Venus

1B. Dylan Nulph, Mars

2B. Ryan Peterson, Mercury

3B. Rob Beckham, Venus

SS. Shao-zu Zhou, Mercury

OF. Jim Jackson, Luna

OF. Binya Omoto, Venus

OF. Xie-li Shui, Venus

UT. Skip Flanagan, Earth

SP. Tadakuni Naito, Luna

SP. Dylan Heuer, Luna

RP. Moises Frankel, Mars

Now I've completed the uniform sets for the Luna Apollos, Venus Sparrows, and the Ceres Belters!

The next post will be about the six to eight expansion candidates. Not sure when I'll be posting it, but sometimes within the day or tomorrow.

esX7UIt.jpg

Uniforms based on the Chicago White Sox

6WsT2Yj.jpg

Logo based on the Seattle Seahawks

VpZgTxW.jpg

Uniforms based on the Arizona Diamondbacks, sans gradients!

Looks like a great series so far. I'm rooting for and L4 expansion team as it will be a very stable market.... I'm very sorry. On the 2506 recap it talks about the sparrows competing against earth for a galactic series spot but judging by the graphic and past seasons i assume thats supposed to be mercury

3 hours ago, TekkogsSteve said:

Looks like a great series so far. I'm rooting for and L4 expansion team as it will be a very stable market.... I'm very sorry. On the 2506 recap it talks about the sparrows competing against earth for a galactic series spot but judging by the graphic and past seasons i assume thats supposed to be mercury

Thanks for the kind words!

And interestingly enough, the L4 expansion team is one of the candidates! So good guess there! 

And yes, you are right. Thanks for pointing out the error. Earth and Venus' last series of the season were against each other so it was a de facto play-in series for the Galactic Series. The updated standings graphic should be there by now. 

S0pFSMu.jpg

LAKE ARMSTRONG, Luna – After a year of study and research by SLB Commissioner Anders Sjolund, league officials, and representatives from around the SUN, the league has announced eight candidates for the two new expansion teams.

The following eight expansion candidates (listed in alphabetical order below, with population sizes and pros/cons) will be making formal presentations to the Commissioner and the expansion committee throughout the 2507 season.

After the end of the 2507 season, three to four finalists will be named, thus beginning the final round of voting. The two winners will be announced after the 2508 season.

The two expansion teams are expected to start play in either 2509 or 2510.

---

As this thread was inspired by hawkfan89’s PHL expansion committee, I’d like to do something similar. A few things, of course:

·      When you are submitting your ballot, please list your top three choices in order. Then I’ll be using a points system (3 points for 1st place, 2 points for 2nd, 1 point for 3rd).

·      And when you make your vote, please add why you think these cities are the best candidates for an expansion team.

·      The SLB Commissioner (me) will have a weighted vote, although I’m not sure how much yet. It won’t be a lot, I promise. I’ll be sure to make your vote count!

·      Once we get enough ballots (I’m hoping at least 8 people vote…), I’ll announce the 3-4 winners, and then we’ll do a run-off voting. Similar to how the Olympic hosts get elected.

·      Keep in mind that even though this is a soft sci-fi, travel times still do play a factor. At this point in the future, it takes around five-six hours to travel from Mercury to Ceres. It would take four hours alone to travel from Ceres to Jupiter and its moons. But as the years progress, travel times will improve naturally. (Think like the early days of baseball. Started out with bus rides, then trains, then plane rides)

·      Even though I have a few ideas for team names and logos for some of the candidates, I haven’t thought of anything for others. So I will welcome team name suggestions. I may or may not use them, but I could save them for a later date!

·      I've mentioned that I have plans to expand this league to at least 20 teams, and maybe even more, so don't feel bad if your favorite city isn't listed, or wasn't voted in. They may have an opportunity down the road.  

That's all for now, I think. This is the first time we’re doing an expansion committee, so please bear with me and each other. Feel free to ask me any questions at all if you’re unsure of the worldbuilding or anything like that. Please use the infographic below as a guideline/map on the SUN.

Spoiler

RKTVyxB.jpg

Thank you! Happy voting!

---

The candidate establishments are listed in alphabetical order.

yUuz3mE.jpg

Cythera & Cyprus

Two large adjacent sky cities in the skies of Venus.  

Population: 195,900 & 189,900 respectively – 2nd and 3rd largest establishments on Venus | 385,800 – combined population of two sky cities

Fan Support: Good

Pros: Despite being in the inner solar system, the SLB commissioner is a fan of this location for its exotic location in the heart of the skies of Venus. With a perfect Mediterranean climate and its breathtaking views, the floating outdoors stadium would be unlike any other. The two sky cities in Cythera and Cyprus are more than willing to share duties in promoting the team, similar to Minneapolis and St. Paul with the Minnesota Twins in the 20th century.

Cons: With the upcoming success of the young Venus Sparrows (who play on the surface of Venus), they’re likely to block any expansion teams in their area for the time being. They do welcome the competition, but they feel the time isn’t right. The wish of the SLB commissioner to expand outwards is always a factor. The diehard fans would be loyal to the team, but the casual fans aren’t quite there yet.

Ganymede City

Located on Ganymede, one of the four Galilean moons of Jupiter and the largest moon in the solar system

Population: 238,200 – Largest establishment in the Jovian System

Pros: As the second largest establishment in the outer solar system, the bustling city of Ganymede City has a lot going for landing an expansion team. It already has a stadium ready to go, thanks to a very good independent league on the Galilean moons. Similar to a few other expansion candidates, Ganymede has wanted a team ever since SLB started.

Cons: This may be the most unusual request of any candidates, for they only want to join the league only if the other three teams on the Galilean moons (Callisto, Europa, Io) joined them too. Despite the Commissioner wanting a team there, he feels like the moon isn’t ready for a SLB team. The timing isn’t right yet.

Isla Mendez

A Lagrange island at the L3 point in the Earth-Moon system that has a large Latin American community.

Population: 248,800 – 4th largest establishment in the Jovian System

Fan Support: Strong

Pros: Like its namesake, Isla Mendez has strong Latin/Hispanic roots, which make up for a large baseball community. Despite having a Short-Season Class-A team on the island, the fans flock out to every game and sold out all of them. If Isla Mendez lands a team, the crowd will come out in full force and have an entirely different type of atmosphere from any other SLB teams.

Cons: The SLB commissioner is skeptical about a seventh inner solar system franchise due to his desire to expand the league outwards and into new markets. The Luna Apollos may also try to block the league from expanding into their territory. However, due to the Apollo’s weak success so far, it may not matter much.  

Jupiter Station

An orbiting space station that conducts study of the largest planet in the solar system.

Population: 93,750 – 4th largest establishment in the Jovian System

Pros: Ever since the Solar League Baseball started up in 2500, the people of Jupiter have wanted a SLB team. A Jovian team would welcome a novelty to the league, for their home stadium would be on a space station instead of on the surface of a planet or a moon. The University of Jupiter baseball team just won the SCAA Championships in front of a massive crowd, so the fandom is there. They’re ready for a team. They want it. They’ll back it. 

Cons: There are two major disadvantages to a Jupiter team. One of them is the travel time. At the current technological level the Space Untied Nations are at, it would take several hours to travel from Ceres, the would-be nearest team, to Jupiter. The other disadvantage is that a Jupiter team would only participate in the league if they have a “sister team” from the Red Spot Station join them too. This is to mainly to reduce travel times, and to build a natural rivalry. 

Lake Armstrong

The largest city on the Moon and in the SUN with one of the larger artificial lakes in the SUN.

Population: 2,296,300 – Largest establishment in the entire SUN

Pros: Lake Armstrong is absolutely large enough to support a second, or even a third SLB team. In the largest establishment in the entire SUN, the fans are growing frustrated with the Apollos’ struggles that they are ready to jump the bandwagon onto a new team if they were to land one. The stadium would be on the outer skirts of Lake Armstrong, so the suburbanites would have a team to call their own. The money is there, the fans are there, the suburbs are ready to build a stadium. It’s not if they’ll get a team, it’s when.

Cons: The drawbacks to a second Lake Armstrong team are similar to the Isla Mendez challenges. The Luna Apollos would immediately oppose any expansion teams in the area as they try to build their fan base. Their struggles also don’t help. The SLB commissioner wants to expand outwards before he starts considering adding second teams in the inner solar system.

Pamoja

A Lagrange island at the L1 point in the Earth-Moon system that has the largest diversity in the SUN.

Population: 1,321,900 – 3rd largest establishment in the SUN

Pros: Due to its sheer population size, there’s no doubt that there would be fans behind an expansion team on the largest space station in the SUN. With the success of its SCAA team and the Lagrange Island League (SLB’s short-season Class-A league), Pamoja is more than able to have a good baseball community. Pamoja, which means “together” in Swahili, is a melting pot of ethnicities and cultures. It also has the largest African population in the SUN.

Cons: The cons are somewhat similar to Isla Mendez’s disadvantages. The biggest one is that despite baseball’s success on the massive space station, soccer and basketball are more popular than baseball. The majority of baseball fans seem to gather on Isla Mendez. 

Red Spot Station

A geostationary orbiting space station that conducts study of the Great Red Spot on Jupiter.

Population: 56,250 – 7th largest establishment in the Jovian System

Fan Support: Fair

Pros: There are several potential owners that have been trying to land a team in the SLB, including a few from the Jupiter Station. One of the important things about these candidates is that they all are huge baseball fans so they will know what to do. Another key thing is that the SLB commissioner is a fan of expanding outward to the outer system, and he wants to start with two Jupiter teams.

Cons: In addition to the cons for the Jupiter Station, the small population size may not quite be there yet for a team on the Red Spot Station. The fans will support the team, but the problem lies with the corporations. They aren’t ready to invest in a team yet.

Spirit

A city on Mars built around the broken down rover Spirit from the early 21st century.

Population: 408,600 – 2nd largest establishment on Mars

Fan Support: Unknown

Pros: Mars is definitely populated enough to support a second team on the planet. With an earth-like environment after terraforming, the stadium would be constructed in an ideal baseball scenario, allowing for a true outdoors baseball experience. And with Spirit being a considerable distance away from Ares City (home of the Mars Warriors), there shouldn’t be too much competition between the two teams.

Cons: Right now the fandom is unknown. The establishment is one of the faster growing cities in the SUN, but the baseball community isn’t quite there yet. Soccer is the most popular sport there by far. The Warriors, despite being hundreds of kilometers away from Spirit, naturally would make it a difficult process to land an expansion team there. In other words, this location would be non-traditional for baseball, but if marketed correctly, the rewards would be high.

I'm still relatively new to posting a thread like this, so I hope you don't mind my asking you a question or two!

With an expansion committee like this one, generally how long do I let this thread sit so people can vote on the cities before I start moving forward? 

Also, when I'm writing the season recaps, how much is too much? Do you prefer a paragraph on each team, or just on the important teams for that season? 

I just wanted to ensure that this thread is enjoyable for everybody! 

Thanks! 

I’m new to this too, and I wouldn’t be much help with answering those questions, but what’s these ballots I have seen all over. I don’t really get why you would create a person just so it tells who you vote for. I have votes, but I’m confused on that part of it 

Also most of the expansion teams are from planets/moons that have teams. Do you plan to just call, say another Venus team, Venus like the Sparrows or do you plan to convert to city names?

38 minutes ago, SpartanDesigns said:

I’m new to this too, and I wouldn’t be much help with answering those questions, but what’s these ballots I have seen all over. I don’t really get why you would create a person just so it tells who you vote for. I have votes, but I’m confused on that part of it 

I wouldn't worry about creating a person too much. I don't need that information, for they are irrelevant to my "world." I just need your votes (and name suggestions if you want to) and why you think they're the best choice at the moment. 

20 minutes ago, SpartanDesigns said:

Also most of the expansion teams are from planets/moons that have teams. Do you plan to just call, say another Venus team, Venus like the Sparrows or do you plan to convert to city names?

It's a case-by-case situation. For example, Cythera & Cyprus were picked for an expansion team, I'd probably call the team Venus ________, similar to Minnesota with Minneapolis and St. Paul. Some other places would be using city names for sure. Like Isla Mendez or Pamoja. 

It really depends on a few factors, such as other teams' proximity and the branding itself. Like, a nickname could sound better with the planet name instead of city name, or vice versa. 

My point is that I'm definetly open to converting to city names from planet/moon names, a la California Angels to Los Angeles Angels.

Thanks for asking! 

Ok then my votes go (like I said in a previous comment) Jupiter all the way. I think that, being the largest planet in the solar system, it could easily be the first planet to have two teams. As you said it would be good for rivalries and travel time.

1-Red Spot Station-This would be a great spot with a stadium not on the surface

NAMES-Jupiter Cyclones would be my favorite, but any storm related name would work because of it being built just for the red spot. Red would have to be a color and I feel like cool Logos could be made with yellow or gold/black. It would also make sense to put a stadium on the station, as you could say that it is based around the spot, and there’s no way you can put a stadium there

2-Ganymede-I like the idea of having two teams with one on the surface and one off of it, I think that Ganymede would be the best outer-section city with its population

NAMES-Ganymede Titans would be great. Saying that the most memorable things about Jupiter is the spot and size, I think that it would be cool to see these teams face each other. In a previous statement I talked about desert themes on Jupiter and this team would be a great one for that if that was a route you wanted to go

3-Jupiter Station-This is kind of a mix of both, and if you were to pick only one Jupiter team this would probably be the move. I would rather the other two, but I do think that it would be a good spot for a team. While it isn’t on the surface, it studies it and is the capital

NAMES-Jupiter Station Titans would apply to this too. I think that red would have to be used along with maybe a light brown that’s the color of Jupiter. That could, if you want, also correlate to the desert theme I’ve so annoyingly brought up a lot

My picks are:

1.Lake Armstrong due to its size and what would be the indefinite rivalry with Luna. Not only on the field, but in the front office. Both teams trying to acquire fans, both teams would be fighting for big name players. I think this would be fun for the League. My name suggestion is the Lake Armstrong Buzz. (Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin that’s why Buzz)

2.Cythera & Cyprus due to a possible rivalry with Venus and it being such a unique location. My name suggestion would be the Sky Cities Twins.

3.Isla Mendez due to the massive baseball following, it seems ideal for a franchise. My name suggestion would be the Mendez Orbits.

I seem to remember an old concept series of the universe baseball league, dunno if you were behind that one too, but these look really really good and I can actually get behind this. Keep it up!