Sign in to follow this  
GDAWG

Cities without Pro Teams: Who's next to get one of the Big Four?

This past October, Las Vegas officially became a major league sports city with the arrival of the Vegas Golden Knights of the NHL.  Soon they will have their own NFL team with the Raiders.  This takes them off the list of cities without pro teams in any of the big 4 (NHL, MLB, NBA and NFL).  Since 1995, that list has dramatically changed with Jacksonville, Nashville, Oklahoma City, Memphis, Columbus, Raleigh and Brooklyn all having pro teams in the big four.  So which city without a Pro Team will be next on the list to get one of the big four?  Could Oakland join that list if the A's leave?

57 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

This past October, Las Vegas officially became a major league sports city with the arrival of the Vegas Golden Knights of the NHL.  Soon they will have their own NFL team with the Raiders.  This takes them off the list of cities without pro teams in any of the big 4 (NHL, MLB, NBA and NFL).  Since 1995, that list has dramatically changed with Jacksonville, Nashville, Oklahoma City, Memphis, Columbus, Raleigh and Brooklyn all having pro teams in the big four.  So which city without a Pro Team will be next on the list to get one of the big four?  Could Oakland join that list if the A's leave?

Why not Albuquerque or Louisville?

Maybe Omaha?

4 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

Maybe Omaha?

I could see Louisville getting an NBA team.  I don't know which one of the big four would fit Omaha or Albuquerque. 

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

I could see Louisville getting an NBA team.  I don't know which one of the big four would fit Omaha or Albuquerque. 

Maybe Albuquerque can have the Coyotes?

1 hour ago, Lenny Dykstra said:

Troy, New York

over the Schenectady Krispies dead bodies

16 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

Maybe Omaha?

Albuquerque doesn't have the corporate support and the way locals (mis)manage Lobo Athletics, they really don't seem to be a fit anywhere.

https://nmfishbowl.com/

46 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

I feel like Louisville (NBA) and Quebec City (NHL) would be the next viable options.

Louisville had first dibs on the then Charlotte Hornets, but Rick Pitino and Tom Jurich* led the fight to keep the NBA out of town.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-12-13/college-basketball-made-louisville-then-broke-it

The university just recently amended their Yum! Center lease with the arena authority, but it only increases their rent payment and relinquished all dates for October, not their arena advertising revenues.

https://insiderlouisville.com/metro/uofl-athletics-board-authorizes-amended-yum-center-lease-will-pay-extra-2-4-million-annually/ I

It was a move which not all trustees wanted to make since if the arena authority failed, the university could buy the arena at a cut rate price.

*-backed by the city's "underbelly"..wink wink

1 hour ago, RyanMcD29 said:

I hope I don't get caught!!!

17 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Soon they will have their own NFL team with the Raiders.

Stephen Paddock brought destruction to the wrong site.

6 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

Schenectady Bars, not Krispies...and Troy already had a Big Four team.