Marquette Basketball Uniform Concept

Scheuer

XcrYpTu.png

A while ago I put together a redesign of the Marquette Basketball Jordan uniforms. Looking back at them, I don't really think they would be consistent with something Jordan would make, so I set out to make something a bit more streamlined and modern than what I originally designed.

I still have many of the same gripes as before with Marquette's current jerseys. When Jordan redesigned, they did away with the famous Rainbow striping in favor of a simple two color panel that runs down the sides of the uniforms. While it looks incredibly clean, especially in person, it fails to display Marquette's unique and beautiful color scheme like the Rainbow striped jerseys did. In addition, some of the colors are a little too faded for my tastes. While it is forgivable for most of the uniforms, it leads to an issue in the Championship Blue set, where the gold writing doesn't really pop on the jersey well.  

With these goals in mind, I set out on my MU uniform redesign. Here's what I came up with.

6BmWuJS.png

S18A0fn.png

M138nCO.png

VLD3EYX.png

With the resdesign, I kept many of the same elements from the current jerseys, including the Marquette script underneath the number, the Big East patch, and the memorial "Al" logo underneath the collar. The biggest change with the uniforms is an updated pattern on the side panels. With experimenting with gradients and all 3 of the school's colors, I came up with an interesting side panel pattern that incorporates all 3 of the school's colors. When introduced to the different colored jerseys, the pattern interacts in different and interesting ways, which I think gives all of the uniforms interesting and unique quirks. Marquette has always been known for having a lot of different uniform sets, so I made sure to include uniforms for all 4 colors. In addition to the pattern changes, I darkened the shades of gold and Championship Blue throughout the uniforms, which help to make a more vintage and rich look.

I also made a 1977 "Untucked" Throwback Jersey, replicating the jersey that the then-Warriors wore against North Carolina in the National Championship game. The design features many of the quirks of the original 1977 Championship-winning uniform, including the mismatched gold shorts and the "Marquette" wordmark by the hem of the jersey. While these jerseys are not meant to be worn untucked, they still give the same effect as the old jerseys.These uniforms would only be worn once or twice a year for special occasions.

bX97aTw.png

So that's it for my Marquette uniform redesign. I think I was effective in creating a simple way of displaying all 3 school colors on the uniforms while still keeping the current, modern look. If you have any questions/C&C, feel free to comment below!

Archived