American College Football Association (ACFA)

CinnamonRoll21

Welcome to the American College Football Association. The ACFA was formed in 1934 and is a huge rival to the NCAA. The league consists of 93 schools and eight conferences, the Southern 12, the California Conference, the Original 9, the Midwest Athletic Association, the Southwest Conference, the Plains Conference, the Western Athletic Conference, and the Central Athletic Conference. There is a 16-team playoff. Unlike the NCAA, the ACFA allows schools to pay their players without a penalty. 

Here is the Southern 12 Conference.

West

Mississippi Tech (Flowood)

Mississippi A&M (Greenville)

Birmingham State 

Alabama-Gulf Shores

New Orleans State

Mississippi State- Biloxi

East

Georgia Central (Macon)

Western Florida (St. Petersburg)

Coastal Carolina

Columbus College (Columbus, Ga)

Jacksonville Southern

Tennessee State- Chattanooga

Here is the first team, Mississippi Tech Ducks

Mississippi Tech was founded in 1894 in Flowood, Ms. The Ducks football team played their first game on August 29, 1903 against New Orleans State. Mississippi Tech has always been good but not superb. You always see them in the polls but they can never bring home a championship.

PoeeG5L.jpg

Mississippi A&M was founded in 1830 in Greenville, Ms. The Gators have 5 championships but have struggled recently. After hiring new head coach, Ronnie Blue, MAM looks to get back to their winning ways.
Hx4Y6EQ.jpg

Birmingham State was founded in 1870. The Magicians have a huge rivalry with Mississippi Tech. BSU leads the series 50-22. The 2000s have been a terrific decade for Birmingham State, making the playoffs every year except 2010.

c7kfxO5.jpg

Alabama-Gulf Shores is the laughing stock of the conference. The Sharks have been at the bottom nearly every year and have gone through 8 coaches in the last 10 years. However, in 2003, they nearly made the playoffs but got their hearts broken by rival Mississippi State-Biloxi in the last regular season game.

97pQDCp.jpg

The New Orleans State Raiders are a powerhouse. Every year you see them in the playoffs. Coached by the legend Willie Brown, the Raiders have gone 62-2 in the last 4 years and have 21 championships.

IuCOJ5B.jpg

Mississippi State-Biloxi Hurricanes have been a long-time competitor to NOLA State, but have never been able to reach NOSU's legacy. 

VsB0YF5.jpg

Georgia Central was founded in 1798 in Macon. As another one of Birmingham State's rivals, the Chiefs always playPT4YFEr.jpg them tough and physical. Central was a dynasty in the 1970s, winning 6 championships. Nowadays, they have only reached the playoffs once, in 2013.

Western Florida is mediocre to sub-par every year. The Sun Devils annually get crushed by in-state rivals Jacksonville Southern and Florida State.

WhGmUO0.jpg

Columbus College was founded in 1821. In 1939, the Hornets started the first minority quarterback in ACFA history, Jordan Robinson.

P8loE7y.jpg

Not to be confused with Jackson State, the Jacksonville Southern Bengals wear their sky blue and navy with pride. They are usually a playoff contender every year.

JAGCyPQ.jpg

The Tennessee State-Chattanooga Raccoons usually hang with AGSU at the bottom of the conference.

LsuIyWJ.jpg

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Philippians 4:13

I love this. Another fictional college football universe. I love it! That being said, I have two questions. 1.) what tier does each conference fall under? 2.) Coastal Carolina is missing from your logos, and is that the real life Coastal Carolina near Myrtle Beach?

8 minutes ago, ZEGH82 said:

I love this. Another fictional college football universe. I love it! That being said, I have two questions. 1.) what tier does each conference fall under? 2.) Coastal Carolina is missing from your logos, and is that the real life Coastal Carolina near Myrtle Beach?

1. There's no "power conferences" if that's what you're asking. So everyone gets full respect.

2. Yes, that is the real Coastal Carolina, and none of the real life schools will have a concept.

1 minute ago, CinnamonRoll21 said:

1. There's no "power conferences" if that's what you're asking. So everyone gets full respect.

2. Yes, that is the real Coastal Carolina, and none of the real life schools will have a concept.

Okay thank you. That was kind of what I was asking. So that’s good that they don’t show favoritism towards the bigger schools. And how many real-life schools will be in the league overall?

23 minutes ago, ZEGH82 said:

Okay thank you. That was kind of what I was asking. So that’s good that they don’t show favoritism towards the bigger schools. And how many real-life schools will be in the league overall?

About 14 out of 93 schools, and some teams have rivalries with real schools that are in the NCAA

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the California Conference.

North

Oakland State

Stanford

Bay State (San Jose)

Western Cal (Napa)

San Francisco A&T

South

University of Los Angeles 

Aneheim University

San Diego State

UC Santa Ana

San Diego

Oakland State was founded in 1899. The Bears have the most dominant defense in college football. A defensive player for OSU is dubbed the nickname "Warrior" symbolizing the Golden State Warriors' recent dominance. The offense is nonexistent.

7qy0pyW.jpg

The Bay State Dolphins is college football's "quarterback capital". They have produced Qb's such as Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Jared Goff, and John Elway. The Dolphins are currently led by Tua Tagovailoa.

tsKmICs.jpg

Western California is traditionally bad. The Wolves have progressed to mediocre in the past few years. And things aren't getting any better. They have only one playoff appearance in their history.

E34NGpY.jpg

San Francisco A&T is the oldest college in California. In a big rivalry with Stanford, the Hawks get dominated. A&T has turned its program around tremendously. They have gone from 1-11 last season to 10-2 this season.

LLa0eTI.jpg

The Los Angeles Stars definitely act like stars. Along with success on the field, ULA has many personalities off the field. The Stars have a rivalry with USC called "The Hollywood Bowl"

tBILNGK.jpg

The Aneheim Bulldogs always come in second behind ULA. A good year for the "Pound" is winning the division, as success is common, but isn't appreciated by the fans.

jzAY7zT.jpg

UC Santa Ana has been up and down this century. The Eagles have 2 championships, but also have 3 two or less win seasons.

giVNK8b.jpg

Please leave CC.

Tip from another’s person who does handrawn logos, it looks like you tend to keep your pencil lines in your final sketches. If you want to improve your clarity and quality of the logos, make multiple sketches for each team and erase the pencil lines and replace them with either black, team colors or a darker shade of the color it’s bordering. This makes it look much more clean and professional. Oh and making sure your lines are straight with a ruler can go a lot farther than some people think. Good luck in the future.

As for your logos, the ideas are good, just a little sloppy and hard to see.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• 1 month later...

Here is the Original 9 Conference.

North

New Hampshire State (Nashua)

Massachusetts State (Worcester)

Rhode Island State (Warwick)

Southern Maine (Portland)

South

Apple College (New York)

New Jersey (Trenton)

Philadelphia College

Delaware

Columbia

New Hampshire State was founded in 1800. The Hawks have been decent for most of their existence. They only have 3 playoff appearances.

Vo3iauS.jpg

The Massachusetts State Cardinals used to be really good, but now they are really bad. In the 1990s, the Cardinals won two championships and made the playoffs every year. In 2003, their legendary head coach, Bill McDonald, was forced to leave after he was charged for harassing players and staff. MSU still haven't recovered.

XFtOc23.jpg

Rhode Island State has some of the smartest athletes in the country. The Bulldogs have been .500 since their football team was created in 1889.

3iCCLRl.jpg

The Maine Southern Lobsters have dominated the 2000s. They have met New Orleans State in the championship twice. Led by running back Jermaine Smith, the Lobsters hope to bring back another championship this year.

ufYnhf0.jpg

Apple College is the Oklahoma State of the ACFA. The Tigers are great every year but can never seem to make the playoffs. On September 11, 2001, the football stadium was damaged. Longtime rivals Columbia donated $500,000 to repair the stadium. Now AC and Columbia are no longer rivals.

99t8SIz.jpg

The New Jersey Raptors have been mediocre to sad. (That's just about it.)

mUb8EG8.jpg

Philadelphia College has a HUGE rivalry with Penn State. The games have been pretty violent between fans and players. There have been many arrests. The Patriots and the Nittany Lions will face off on the last game of the season this year instead of mid season.

iT3NmHf.jpg

Crayons tend to be messy and uneven when it comes to coloring, I honestly use colored pencils Bc you can get the best looking art from it, but markers are also good, they tend to bleed though

Instead of (for example, this could affect multiple logos) just having the state of New Jersey as the logo, maybe a raptor? Or instead of just some letters for Maine southern, have a lobster tie into it, having somethin more unique and menacing. Also most the logos tend to have the same font of letters, that’s also something I’d try to change

overall their an improvement, keep up the good work

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

35 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

Crayons tend to be messy and uneven when it comes to coloring, I honestly use colored pencils Bc you can get the best looking art from it, but markers are also good, they tend to bleed though

Instead of (for example, this could affect multiple logos) just having the state of New Jersey as the logo, maybe a raptor? Or instead of just some letters for Maine southern, have a lobster tie into it, having somethin more unique and menacing. Also most the logos tend to have the same font of letters, that’s also something I’d try to change

overall their an improvement, keep up the good work

I do use colored pencils (although I can see how they can be mistaken for crayons), and I tried to go kind of Ivy League style with the logos, but will definitely take your advice.

• 3 months later...

Here is the Midwest Athletic Conference.

West

Twin Cities University Beavers (St. Paul)

Wisconsin State Foxes (Eau Claire)

Iowa State Cyclones

Illinois Fighting Illini

Chicago College Grizzlies

St. Louis State Saints

East

Indianapolis State Racers

Ohio State-Cleveland Bombers

Michigan Tech Wildcats (Detroit)

Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Cincinnati State Royals

Indiana A&M Bears (Fort Wayne)

Twin Cities University

BDDHYHN.jpg

TCU has struggled in the battle for Minnesota supremacy. The Beavers are on the level of Oregon State (which isn't an accomplishment). They have only made the playoffs once.

Wisconsin State

tHOJBj6.jpg

Wisconsin State has its own unique style with pink being their main color. They have been a perennial contender for the past two decades. With their outstanding defense, the Foxes are looking for a 7th championship.

Chicago College

CFAyw4S.jpg

Chicago College is the Packers of college football. They have been around forever and they won the first ever ACFA championship in 1907.

St. Louis State

lbLWNBz.jpg

SLSU has produced many great running backs, including Barry Sanders and Darren McFadden. They excelled during the 80s, putting up a record of 119-11. Now, former St. Louis Ram Marshall Faulk is taking over hoping to get them back to excellence.

Indianapolis State

Y9pPoOT.jpg

ISU, Purdue, and Notre Dame have a three way rivalry between each other. Usually, the matchup between ISU and Notre Dame decides who goes to the MAA Championship. Although Indianapolis state usually doesn't prevail.

OSU-Cleveland

eZ4EUjm.jpg

For a long time, OSUC was called the Tigers. The students wanted a change, so in 1979, OSUC was renamed the Bombers. The following season the Bombers won their first and only championship.

Michigan Tech

4u6EFqS.jpg

Michigan Tech is hawt garbage. They posted a winless season and got beat by RUTGERS BY 40 POINTS.

Cincinnati State

Al5x0K6.jpg

Cincinnati State is adequate but they have had their good years. Particularly in the early 2000s. They have a big rivalry with Louisville that can go either way, no matter what each team's record is.

Indiana A&M

JT6oIu1.jpg

The Bears were on top of the world in 1998, until their star quarterback mysteriously disappeared during the semifinals against Massachusetts State. Since then, IAMU's championship is against the Hoosiers.

You need to slow down a bit, and think about some of these logos. Think about what real college logos look like. They aren’t state outlines with letters in them, and they aren’t just two letters next to each other. They are usually arranged together, look at Oklahoma or North Carolina as examples. They still look pretty messy, and the line work needs to be cleaned up a lot. Lastly, you have to give us the nicknames. It’s a super important part of the traditions around college football, and you just ignored them for a few of your schools. There are some good ideas here, you just need to take the time to put enough detail into each, individual school.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the Southwest Conference.

Texas

Southeast Texas State Cougars (Sugar Land)

SMU Mustangs (Dallas)

UT-Plano Bats

Eastern Texas Diamondbacks (Nacogdoches)

Amarillo State Coyotes 

Texas A&M Aggies

San Antonio State Rebels

Southwest

Grambling State Tigers

OSU-Oklahoma City Cyclones

Arkansas Razorbacks 

Central Louisiana Owls (Alexandria)

Oklahoma A&M Oilers (Tulsa)

Vicksburg University Crocodiles 

Broken Arrow Braves

Southeast Texas State

M2NWILF.jpg

Southeast Texas State has a big crosstown rivalry with Houston. They're  both in southeast Texas and they're both the Cougars. As far as results, Houston is usually the Cougar on top.

UT-Plano

HG5pK4S.jpg

UT-Plano has the best recruiting in the country, but they constantly underperform. With Kyler Murray under center this year, the Bats will look to get over the hump.

Eastern Texas

l5yN0xO.jpg

Eastern Texas dominates the Texas division and is always in playoff contention. They have 2 championships, both in the early 2000s.

Amarillo State

QzTjGHR.jpg

The Coyotes are the Cowboys of college football. They haven't been good for the past couple of years, but they have 5 championships from the 70s and 90s.

San Antonio State

WudBuTh.jpg

The Rebels are a below average football team known for its defensive linemen. They have produced Michael Strahan and Deacon Jones.

OSU-OKC

TnMJSOk.jpg

The Cyclones play the Sooners every year and always get beat. Although when it comes to spoiling OU's season, they are the best at it. The rivalry is not as serious as Bedlam but it is still pretty important.

Central Louisiana

TqPgMFL.jpg

Central Louisiana has one of the most prolific offenses in the country. Their rivalry with Vicksburg is usually a good one, as the matchup puts one of the best offenses against the best defenses. The winner usually goes to the SWC Championship.

Oklahoma A&M

fhEMPxX.jpg

Oklahoma A&M is known for their crazy socks. And that is about the only positive thing. After 5 defensive players were caught taking steroids in 2015 the program dropped to an all time low.

Vicksburg University

Ht4gtJB.jpg

The Crocs have the loudest fans east of the Mississippi. Home games are always sold out, and it will be breaking news if you beat Vicksburg at home.

Broken Arrow

1mQGhjk.jpg

Broken Arrow is known for their former and current logo. In 1990, the Braves changed their logo after many Native Americans protested for them to change their logo, which was clearly racist. 

Guys I'm running out of ideas for the colleges' "bios". Any ideas? And C&C is always appreciated.

Archived