Sign in to follow this  
LogoFan

New York Jets concept

I've been working on a Jets' logo concept off and on for 17 years now.  My last tinkering with it was about 6 years ago and then I put it on the shelf, only recently deciding to take another look at it.

While the jet fighter designs are more fun to work with, finding a way to use the true planes that the team is named after - commercial or passenger jets - is a bit trickier to work with and get the desired look.

Anyway, not quite through yet, but this is where I am now.  Not sure I'll do unis.

JetsTest1a2.gif

New York Jets concept evaluation

Really liking the logos. The Jets not embracing their name has been one of the biggest missed opportunities in sports design, and you more than make up for it. Not sure how to feel about the gold though. Just doesn’t fit.

2... I like the addition of gold but it needs to be as an outline. The Jets are always known to be green and white and sometimes black as well. The gold would definitely be a third option in a color scheme.

The wing logo on the white helmet looks best IMO.

Helmet 4 & 9 are my favorites concepts for my least favorite team. 

2, 4, 8, and 9 are the best of the bunch. This is a great modernization on a classic identity. Nice work!

I'm just not sold on either log as they are... Love the concept, but the top down view of the passenger liner is missing something. Maybe a side view climbing out, and the vertical stabilizer should use the Jets old logo, ala AA or Delta, etc... The Shield Logo is interesting as well, but the wings are far too Wing Stop, and not a Jet. Swept would be interesting, or even a front look with engines under wings.

As for the Gold... I agree it is a nice addition, but more like Seattle uses its Green, rather than a s a primary.