Thrift Store Gems 2018

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found a Patrick Willis 49ers jersey for $20, but I couldn't afford it nor can I like the 49ers "Elite 51" Nike jerseys.

There was also a Bernie Kosar Cowboys jersey as well for that same price, and a mid-1990s Texas Rangers jersey.

UBwef0L.png

Anyone curious about thrift stores - go now! Goodwill/Salvation Army gets overwhelmed with donations after Xmas, tons of brand new items... scored a flawless Hugo Boss suit for $6 :)

Some great jersey finds already in the first two weeks of 2018!

Fa16d8S.jpg

Man U Authentic Nike JSY ($2.50)

RXPHTtF.jpg

Ladies Drew Brees JSY ($9)

oP3Cpvg.jpg

Stitched EJ Manuel Jersey ($12)

VZfQIW4.jpg

Local College Game-Used Jersey ($2.50)

ONyGjAz.jpg

New with tags Adidas Diego Costa Authentic JSY ($10)

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3QDjSF46PDj_b367my

(didn't photograph) New with Tags Adidas Ricardo Kaka Authentic JSY ($10)

...and this gem:

i4tSsR9.jpg

Vintage Majestic 9ers fan JSY w/front pocket ($5)

• 2 weeks later...

I occasionally like to look on sites like Ebay for "phantom merchandise" and other unique memorabilia and I found this.  

s-l1600.jpg

Two things came to mind when I saw this. 

1. It's the exact same as The Patriots version. Even down to the outline colors(which are usually the biggest change for "phantom Merchandise"). 

Maybe I'm thinking too much into it, but could the Super Bowl logo change have played a part in the bland & indistinct(between the 2 teams) design?  

2. It's missing the Reebok logo. 

In case anyone is interested in the listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Reebok-ST-LOUIS-RAMS-ERROR-2001-Super-Bowl-XXXVI-Locker-Room-Shirt-Lg-Patriots/362229647886?hash=item545691ca0e:g:rjwAAOSw9V1ac1nD

-Just to be clear, not something I'm selling(someone else is), just something I came across while browsing.  

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

3 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

I occasionally like to look on sites like Ebay for "phantom merchandise" and other unique memorabilia and I found this.  

s-l1600.jpg

Two things came to mind when I saw this. 

1. It's the exact same as The Patriots version. Even down to the outline colors(which are usually the biggest change for "phantom Merchandise"). 

Maybe I'm thinking too much into it, but could the Super Bowl logo change have played a part in the bland & indistinct(between the 2 teams) design?  

2. It's missing the Reebok logo. 

In case anyone is interested in the listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Reebok-ST-LOUIS-RAMS-ERROR-2001-Super-Bowl-XXXVI-Locker-Room-Shirt-Lg-Patriots/362229647886?hash=item545691ca0e:g:rjwAAOSw9V1ac1nD

-Just to be clear, not something I'm selling(someone else is), just something I came across while browsing.  

I wouldn't be surprised if the outlines were the same, even if the Dolphins played the Vikings. That was just how things were that year. 'Murica everywhere.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, poser47 said:

I found a Daniel Descalso Themerabase that I assume was used by him as he is local.  He played for the D'backs in 2017 so it had to been used during one of the throwback nights.

Awesome find! I have scored Bills training camp gear with player names on occasion, always exciting

Archived