Thrift Store Gems 2018

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, chrome14 said:

I gotta start going to more thrift stores.

I remember seeing good deals on soccer jerseys at T.J. Maxx, but that was years ago and haven't been by to check it out recently.

They still have them, I bought a match-authentic USA black jersey for 30, and two match-authentic World Cup qualifying USA keeper jerseys for 40 each.

14 hours ago, Weapon X said:

They still have them, I bought a match-authentic USA black jersey for 30, and two match-authentic World Cup qualifying USA keeper jerseys for 40 each.

Uhhhh, where? And recently? I'm also in NC, care to drop a hint or a PM?

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

• 2 weeks later...

There's a local pawn shop in my area that sells jerseys.... you get a good mix of fakes & authentic's in there, and today I was able to snag a Pro Player Ottawa Senators jersey (The Red one) for 28 bucks. You can tell it's been washed by the logo & patches being a bit crumply, but other than that it's in fantastic condition..... and from what I've heard, the Pro Player jerseys were a 1 year deal. I'd post a pic, but  I don't have anything to take a pic of it with at the moment. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

19 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

There's a local pawn shop in my area that sells jerseys.... you get a good mix of fakes & authentic's in there, and today I was able to snag a Pro Player Ottawa Senators jersey (The Red one) for 28 bucks. You can tell it's been washed by the logo & patches being a bit crumply, but other than that it's in fantastic condition..... and from what I've heard, the Pro Player jerseys were a 1 year deal. I'd post a pic, but  I don't have anything to take a pic of it with at the moment. 

Should've bought a camera there, too.

On 4/22/2018 at 8:49 PM, Zeus89725 said:

Got a vintage, authentic Marek Svatos jersey for $30. Used to be one of my favorite players. Emotional day when he died.

ycTg3eA_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Cool jersey, but those aren't "authentic" shoulder patches. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 5/2/2018 at 2:19 PM, sportsed said:

I am a moron. Could someone post how to post pics within a comment? Best I can do is a link.

Upload your image to a third-party hosting site like Imgur. Copy the URL from that site (it should end in .png, .jpg or another raster file format) and paste it into the reply box. It should automatically embed the image.

1 minute ago, officeglenn said:

Upload your image to a third-party hosting site like Imgur. Copy the URL from that site (it should end in .png, .jpg or another raster file format) and paste it into the reply box. It should automatically embed the image.

Thank you

24 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

This has perplexed me for years..... I know that two version of the yeti foot logo exist, but which one is actually correct? 

CCM's replica Avalanche jerseys had an incorrect version for years...not sure why (perhaps Starter had something to do with it?)

Here's the correct version:

Forsberg2008_medium.jpg

17 hours ago, WSU151 said:

CCM's replica Avalanche jerseys had an incorrect version for years...not sure why (perhaps Starter had something to do with it?)

Here's the correct version:

Forsberg2008_medium.jpg

Odd how you mention Starter..... because I know for a fact Pro Player got the patch correct as I've been looking into getting more PP jerseys via ebay (I really the Sens one I snagged, it's honestly the comfiest replica I've worn). 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

9 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Odd how you mention Starter..... because I know for a fact Pro Player got the patch correct as I've been looking into getting more PP jerseys via ebay (I really the Sens one I snagged, it's honestly the comfiest replica I've worn). 

I have a Pro Player burgandy Avs jersey, and it's great. They screwed up the white Avs jerseys, though, as they put another blue outline around the logo that's not supposed to be there.

https://www.ebay.com/i/222896106042?chn=ps

Archived