Thrift Store Gems 2018

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/9/2018 at 2:15 AM, Fresno St. Alum said:

I'm going to be selling my world soccer and rugby jerseys on ebay when I get back from vacation on the 21st ish. I have Italy, Samoa, France, Brazil, Scotland(long and short sleeve)

What's your ebay seller name?

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

So I found a bonanza of finds today: A 1989 UW Freedom Bowl (a long-defunct bowl game held @ Anaheim Stadium) jersey with the #11 and "MARTINSON" on the back, a 1980s Minnesota Vikings jersey w/the name "BUCHER" and the number 00 on it, an early 1980s NFC Pro Bowl jersey w/the #7, and a Tamarick Vanover Chiefs jersey. :D

UBwef0L.png

12 hours ago, Griffinmarlins said:

What's your ebay seller name?

fresno_st._alum. We can just do it via paypal so I don't have to pay fees. You want me to post the pics and tell me which ones you want? Italy, Scotland(2), France were all bought in those countries. Samoa and Brazil were bought here. I haven't listed them yet, I'll hold off if you want them, but not long, I have to put them up while the World Cup is still going on.

Here's a link to one of my sports items so that you can navigate from there. Sometimes ebay doesn't pick up seller names in searches.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/263725901787?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

5 hours ago, Fresno St. Alum said:

fresno_st._alum. We can just do it via paypal so I don't have to pay fees. You want me to post the pics and tell me which ones you want? Italy, Scotland(2), France were all bought in those countries. Samoa and Brazil were bought here. I haven't listed them yet, I'll hold off if you want them, but not long, I have to put them up while the World Cup is still going on.

Here's a link to one of my sports items so that you can navigate from there. Sometimes ebay doesn't pick up seller names in searches.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/263725901787?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Ya, feel free to send me a pic of the France one and how much you'd want for it. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

On 6/8/2018 at 6:18 PM, johnnysama said:

20180608_142331_zpstmoz1oun.jpg

Found this autographed Atlanta Braves hat @ my local Value Village today. I passed on it as I'm not much for autographed hats or jerseys. Anybody know whose autograph this is?

Kevin Millwood

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

For under $5 total:
Thunder Bay Flyers cap  (USHL 1984-2000) and pair of Winnipeg Goldeyes glasses (currently American Association of Independent Professional Baseball, formerly in Northern League).

Cup logos faded (white paper put inside clear glass glasses for photo).

Hat in near new condition.

e8DyHtb.jpg

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

We just returned from visiting family in central Missouri yesterday, and l saw a "Steaming" Willie Beaman jersey in Columbia!!! Looking back now, l shoulda bought the darn thing?

To be honest, though, the Beaman jersey was at a kiosk in the Columbia Mall and not a thrift store. There were all the versions of GSW jerseys, many different versions of Jordan's Bulls jerseys (including my favorite red pinstripe on black,) a Pippen Bulls, many Nike NFL jerseys at $95 (they "felt" good, but.......?) different NBA All-Star jerseys and countless soccer kits. My accompanying party made sure l left that area?

On 6/27/2018 at 3:14 PM, KRZYBDGRZ said:

This is the cheapest thing on nba shop right now:

http://store.nba.com/on_sale/yes/Charlotte_Bobcats_18_Metallic_Balloon

and i bet there are tens of thousands sitting in a warehouse somewhere. Anyone need to throw a budget friendly Charlotte Bobcats themed birthday party?

sig.png

On 7/6/2018 at 10:40 AM, C-Squared said:

Nabbed this authentic Kordell jersey for $10 w/ a very faint paint pen autograph on the back number... funny how some of these early Nike-era Steelers jerseys made the italic numbers stand up straight:

Great pickup for $10! Are the sleeve stripes woven in?

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

On 6/27/2018 at 10:34 PM, johnnysama said:

So I found a bonanza of finds today: A 1989 UW Freedom Bowl (a long-defunct bowl game held @ Anaheim Stadium) jersey with the #11 and "MARTINSON" on the back, a 1980s Minnesota Vikings jersey w/the name "BUCHER" and the number 00 on it, an early 1980s NFC Pro Bowl jersey w/the #7, and a Tamarick Vanover Chiefs jersey. :D

Did it come with instructions on how to hot wire a car?

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

On 7/6/2018 at 10:40 AM, C-Squared said:

Nabbed this authentic Kordell jersey for $10 w/ a very faint paint pen autograph on the back number... funny how some of these early Nike-era Steelers jerseys made the italic numbers stand up straight:

s-l500.jpg

Yellow-on-black NOB or full black NOB?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived