Thrift Store Gems 2018

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A hodgepodge of jerseys I came across earlier today at Salvation Army (I bought nothing...but I was tempted)...sublimated Cutler-era Vandy

IMG_20180829_113909.jpg

Party at Napoli's!  (given that the baseball fandom up here is pretty much split between the Brewers and Cubs, a Rangers jersey is a pretty rare sight...though then again, I recently saw somebody wearing a Blue Jays jersey...as Oscar Gamble would say, it be like it is...and if the silver portion of the lettering looks gold to you...well, it looked gold to me too.)

IMG_20180829_113951.jpgIMG_20180829_114018.jpg

M&N Red Sox

IMG_20180829_114031.jpgIMG_20180829_114038.jpg

Tom Waddle, baby

IMG_20180829_114049.jpg

throwing this last one in for my own amusement...a soccer jersey from my alma mater...

IMG_20180829_113853.jpg

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

iOsJDyL.jpg

Got these two the same day from different thrift shops:

Edmonton Eskimos (CFL) jersey.

Thunder Bay Border Cats (Northwoods League) used these style Thunder Bay Whiskey Jacks (Northern League team in the 90's) jerseys for one game (were auctioned off for $50+)

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

I've been looking for one of these old school Cardinals caps for a while and it's perfect--all white panels, red bill, button, and eyelets, and it's a snapback. $2 at my local Goodwill. 

However, I have a question about the "FRAM" embroidered on the back of the cap. Anyone know anything about this? It's an Annco hat with the old Team NFL tag still attached. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

BB69sei.jpg

2Rbwkd3.jpg

32 minutes ago, Heitert said:

I've been looking for one of these old school Cardinals caps for a while and it's perfect--all white panels, red bill, button, and eyelets, and it's a snapback. $2 at my local Goodwill. 

However, I have a question about the "FRAM" embroidered on the back of the cap. Anyone know anything about this? It's an Annco hat with the old Team NFL tag still attached. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Fram is a brand of oil filters. The hat was likely part of a promotional giveaway associated with purchasing oil filters.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

58 minutes ago, tjs11 said:

ha. is that a Josh Freeman jersey? seam ripper would be my only guess

Sure is haha, I don't like wearing jerseys with names on them so once I get this nameplate off it's a "Michael Husted" jersey (if anybody asks) haha257400.jpg

I saw a Mike Alstott Buccaneers jersey, a Hank Aaron 1974 Braves jersey and a Team Sweden hockey jersey today. Couldn't have the time to get them today, and the first one was a bootleg, and the second one, being made by Mitchell and Ness, can be hard to tell whether it's a bootleg or not.

UBwef0L.png

• 2 weeks later...

The Value Village here often has a bit of a baseball showcase in the spring, and a football showcase in September.  The street it's on, however, is currently undergoing some road work, so getting there is a hassle.  Figured I'd head over there regardless, and I did come across a few items of interest: a black Ray Lewis jersey, a few Eddie Lacy jerseys, a framed photo of the 96 Pack, and a bag of gumball helmets.  All I bought was the bag...though the champs' pic was tempting.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 2 weeks later...

Found an old Penguins CCM jersey today for $7.49 but unfortunately it was a Small and I wear a Large. 

OkglCep.jpg

The dazzle material looks looks so much better than the khaki colour it turned into with the Reebok Edge makeover. 

Archived