Recommended Posts

I’ve also read that FIFA is planning to enforce every national team has a white kit available in the near future, to avoid Spain-Netherlands 2014WC situations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, anythinglogos said:

I’ve also read that FIFA is planning to enforce every national team has a white kit available in the near future, to avoid Spain-Netherlands 2014WC situations

Pretty sure that was an April Fools joke, lol. I believe @hendocfc made an April Fools joke about that on Twitter, so it wouldn’t surprise me if some people saw that and spread the word about it without realizing it was a joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, anythinglogos said:

I’ve also read that FIFA is planning to enforce every national team has a white kit available in the near future, to avoid Spain-Netherlands 2014WC situations

 

Honestly to this day I don't understand that situation between Spain and Netherlands. Red vs Navy or Black vs Orange wasn't a clash, so why Fifa forced Spain to wear White? Only they know. Also I remember Cameroon and Ivory Coast got white kits too, but used them before WC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Pretty sure that was an April Fools joke, lol. I believe @hendocfc made an April Fools joke about that on Twitter, so it wouldn’t surprise me if some people saw that and spread the word about it without realizing it was a joke.

 

Yup. I was quick to clear it up,too. It did its job for the day though,lol. By the way... do I have to switch my Twitter to private now more people see my tweets than the 5-6 I thought did? *embarrassed face*

 

5 hours ago, pepis21 said:

 

Honestly to this day I don't understand that situation between Spain and Netherlands. Red vs Navy or Black vs Orange wasn't a clash, so why Fifa forced Spain to wear White? Only they know. Also I remember Cameroon and Ivory Coast got white kits too, but used them before WC.

 

Honestly,dark red v navy is a clash. Not enough contrast. Orange v black was probably the best choice,were they not to do what they did. But,with Spain being the designated home team,maybe FIFA rules wouldn't allow that (i.e. "if the away team has no sufficient kit,both teams must use change tops"). Can't tell ya for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Technically this is for the 17/18 thread, but it got lost in the meanders of the forum.

 

Udinese had each player wear a different throwback today, With each shirt getting auctioned off during the game. Pretty quirky, doubt we'll ever see anything like this again

udinese-the-auction.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was watching this game and thought my eyes were deceiving me. Good to know I wasn't going insane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liverpool home officially unveiled:

18LiverpoolHome10-768x768.jpg18LiverpoolHome9.jpg18LiverpoolHome2.jpg18LiverpoolHome5-768x768.jpg18LiverpoolHome7-768x768.jpg18LiverpoolHome8-768x768.jpg

And the home keeper shirt:

18LiverpoolHome12.jpg

Another nice effort for the Reds. Not as good as this season’s nearly flawless retro-inspired kit, but still pretty solid nonetheless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like that the badge is back to white, dislike the 2000s golf shirt cut of the sleeves, but mostly I would like to finish the current frickin season before worrying about what teams are going to wear in the next one. Quaint, I realize.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, isn't this way too early to unveil a new kit? Usually most teams that unveil next seasons kit during the previous season do it before the last home game of the season, and I'm not a huge fan of even that practice. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, anythinglogos said:

Yeah, isn't this way too early to unveil a new kit? Usually most teams that unveil next seasons kit during the previous season do it before the last home game of the season, and I'm not a huge fan of even that practice. 

 

 

This is the normal reveal time for teams that will wear them on the last home game of the year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

This is the normal reveal time for teams that will wear them on the last home game of the year. 

Seems to me it's only New Balance with Liverpool (and this year with Celtic) who do it this early. Most of the ones who wear them at the last home game usually unveil it in the week or two before their last home game. Liverpool's last home game is in a month's time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, anythinglogos said:

Seems to me it's only New Balance with Liverpool (and this year with Celtic) who do it this early. Most of the ones who wear them at the last home game usually unveil it in the week or two before their last home game. Liverpool's last home game is in a month's time.

adidas usually reveals their team's kits for sale at the end of April. With leagues closing shop by mid-May for World Cup prep, they'll be coming out earlier this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, anythinglogos said:

So Jordan Brand could make its soccer debut next season. Veeeeeery interesting. That is, if La Casaca actually obtained the Nike images or if they're toying with us as they are wont to do

 

http://lacasaca.com/5529-2/

I wouldn't put too much stock into that post... ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

So Jordan Brand could make its soccer debut next season. Veeeeeery interesting. That is, if La Casaca actually obtained the Nike images or if they're toying with us as they are wont to do

 

http://lacasaca.com/5529-2/

One word: FAKE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stuttgart with a rather classy new home kit to celebrate their 125th anniversary:

stuttgart-18-19-home-kit+%25282%2529.jpgstuttgart-18-19-home-kit+%25283%2529.jpgstuttgart-18-19-home-kit+%25288%2529.jpgstuttgart-18-19-home-kit+%25289%2529.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now