Sharks logo WIP - help needed!!

Midnight 7 design

Currently working on a shark logo for a local football team and I'm having a bit of trouble fitting the text and logo together. I currently like the text and the shark, but even though the shapes 'kinda' fit together, I just cant figure out a way of connecting the two in an interesting way. The left shows the kind of thing I'm going for, but there is just too much empty space.

Any help with trying to improve is much appreciated!

2kx8IRp.png

First of all, both logos are amazing. Nothing I would change about those individually.

I don't think the logos combined look as bad as you think, but I see what you're talking about. Maybe arch the name a little bit so it matches the curve of the top of the shark.

agreed with your feedback that leaving the two logos separate (but together) was the way forward as I was just trying to over complicate things. Changed the fin a little and moved the eyes forward as suggested, but kept the upturned nose as I felt this stopped him looking like a dolphin.

Pretty happy with this right now, but still welcome any feedback as its so helpful!

woBBR8q.jpg 

Looks a lot better and really good, but I still think that fin/head connection needs to be smoothed just a little bit. Right now there's a weird bump, but the head and the back behind the fin should be one line. You should be able to draw a curved line from above the eye to the side fin.

It's kind of a hard thing to describe with words, but I think it's the last thing holding you back from a 10/10 logo.

The tail is reading more dolphinish to me. I think it is because both points of the tail are the same color of the belly of the shark, making it appear like it is the underside of a horizontally branched tail, while in sharks the tail is branched vertically. Maybe make one of the fins the color of the shark’s back and head?

7 hours ago, BeardedFool said:

The tail is reading more dolphinish to me. I think it is because both points of the tail are the same color of the belly of the shark, making it appear like it is the underside of a horizontally branched tail, while in sharks the tail is branched vertically. Maybe make one of the fins the color of the shark’s back and head?

good point, tried to straighten up the tail and added some green that seems to have helped

16 hours ago, Point1 said:

Looks a lot better and really good, but I still think that fin/head connection needs to be smoothed just a little bit. Right now there's a weird bump, but the head and the back behind the fin should be one line. You should be able to draw a curved line from above the eye to the side fin.

It's kind of a hard thing to describe with words, but I think it's the last thing holding you back from a 10/10 logo.

Curved the fin, and he looks a lot faster and meaner! 

729PD2k.jpg

Awesome set of logos and wordmarks! The use of of dorsal fins on the S's is fantastic and well done. And you've done a great job of improving the areas where people gave feedback on!

a2BRS8U.png

On 03/01/2018 at 7:24 PM, H11K said:

Awesome set of logos and wordmarks! The use of of dorsal fins on the S's is fantastic and well done. And you've done a great job of improving the areas where people gave feedback on!

I cant thank people enough for the feedback, was really vital to getting this designs where it needed to be. 

The project has been finalised and completed. Below is a quick snapshot of the final branding. 

MZuV7Dl.jpg

Just seeing this now? Fantastic. I love the colors, the presentation, and the logo/wordmarks themselves

And this shows how great these boards really are. You took a good logo, and turned it into something that could rival the best logos out there. This is what it’s all about 

be proud of this work. You nailed it.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

It's stylized very well. I'd suggest simplifying the color palette by getting rid of that darker shade of gray which only appear in the tail, and make those two areas black since you are already using black in other areas to create depth. Right now you have 5 colors (6 if you count white). You could also consider using more black in the tail to create that depth and to better illustrate the anatomy of a shark.

18 hours ago, jaha32 said:

It's stylized very well. I'd suggest simplifying the color palette by getting rid of that darker shade of gray which only appear in the tail, and make those two areas black since you are already using black in other areas to create depth. Right now you have 5 colors (6 if you count white). You could also consider using more black in the tail to create that depth and to better illustrate the anatomy of a shark.

I tried using black on the tail but i just couldn't seem to get it to work. 

Another idea to link the two parte could be to use the fin on the shark back as the A. I really like as it looks now, but if you are still seeking something different...

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

Archived