Super Bowl Potential Uniform Matchups

Bruhammydude

The 2017-2018 NFL Playoffs are set, and 12 teams are setting their minds on the Lombardi Trophy. But, what would be the most aesthetically beautiful Super Bowl? Here are mine.

Favorite: (vikings in purple pants)

Image result for bills vs vikings

Worst:

Image result for jaguars eagles

Prediction:

Image result for vikings patriots

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this won't exactly fly with some of the board vets, but I'll throw this in as my personal perfect matchup:

• I really don't like the Jags current unis at all, but seeing them in a Super Bowl would be a masterpiece to my eyes in any case. :) 
  • If they were miraculously allowed to bend the rules and wear teal, ohhhh baby!
  • Bright colors look good for the Super Bowl, imo.
  • I've personally always been partial to the 90's glory that is the teal and purple color scheme. Can't say particularly why, but I just can't get enough of it.

Putting the Jags in any ideal matchup scenario is pretty controversial and I understand how a lot of folks would want to avoid this for general aesthetic reasons, but that won't keep me from keeping my fingers crossed. ;) 

CPLayja.jpg

46 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

The AFC is the "home" team this year, which creates a slight possibility we will see these abominations:

rams_jaguars_football_24705587-1.jpg?w=5

I doubt any of the AFC teams will elect to wear white, though.

I really hope whoever is the AFC Champ is elects to wear white so the world can see these!

I have to think that the league would relent and allow the throwbacks in the Owl.  They just have to - there's no way they could market those jerseys, and it would create a goofy situation where those special-edition super bowl uniforms (The ones that are a standard template and don't match the team-specific ones) would have a whole other color scheme than the ones being worn in the actual game.

It's probably a moot point, since if the AFC chooses white, we'll end up with this, minus the dirt bag with the ball in his hand.*  I can't imagine that the Eagles would go with black-black, though presumably that would be allowed... right?  Didn't Carolina wear blue one year in the playoffs?

New+England+Patriots+v+Philadelphia+Eagl

*though as mentioned, the Eagles are probably going to disqualify themselves from the playoffs.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived