Super Bowl Potential Uniform Matchups

Bruhammydude

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, fouhy12 said:

Eagles-Patriots is now the only matchup that would be guaranteed to not give us yoga pants

Eagles have black pants they could wear :devil:

Hotter Than July > Thriller

If the Jaguars win, the NFL really oughta relax the helmet rule and let them—no, make them—wear an all-black helmet.  What if there's an all-time great play and we have to see those black and gold monstrosities until the end of time?

IUe6Hvh.png

Apparently, should the Vikings make the SB, they will be allowed to use their home training facilities and locker room, despite technically being the away team. This obviously makes Iogistical sense, but I'm not sure if it's truly fair to the AFC team, either. I wonder if they'll push to wear purple too? 

59 minutes ago, zigbazah said:

Apparently, should the Vikings make the SB, they will be allowed to use their home training facilities and locker room, despite technically being the away team. This obviously makes Iogistical sense, but I'm not sure if it's truly fair to the AFC team, either. I wonder if they'll push to wear purple too? 

Besides the familiarity of the facility it is a disadvantage for them to practice in their typical facility which is a dump.  Their new practice facility opens later this year, and the other team in the Super Bowl will use the Gophers brand new practice facility.

I expect there to be a protest by the AFC team should the Vikings make it, especially if it's the Patriots they would face.  They are slated to be the away team and should therefore use the away facilities including locker room in the stadium.  In addition they should have to stay at the designated hotel during the super bowl week as not having to deal with the same kind of media circus as the opposing team by staying at home and in their typical hotel the night before would be a significant competitive advantage.

Other than seeing Pittsburgh lose, I really don't care who wins what in the playoffs, so I root for good uniforms to stick around as long as possible, and hope the ugly ones get beaten quickly.  As much as I have always had a soft spot for the New Orleans Saints, I was glad to get their awful black leotards out of the way, and thankful to not have to look at them again in the NFC Championship game.  

Now, what are we going to do about the Jaguars and that helmet?

9 hours ago, lbj273 said:

Besides the familiarity of the facility it is a disadvantage for them to practice in their typical facility which is a dump.  Their new practice facility opens later this year, and the other team in the Super Bowl will use the Gophers brand new practice facility.

I expect there to be a protest by the AFC team should the Vikings make it, especially if it's the Patriots they would face.  They are slated to be the away team and should therefore use the away facilities including locker room in the stadium.  In addition they should have to stay at the designated hotel during the super bowl week as not having to deal with the same kind of media circus as the opposing team by staying at home and in their typical hotel the night before would be a significant competitive advantage.

They should definitely use the away locker room since its the NFC's turn to be away.  I'd let them stay at their own houses though.  It's potentially a competitive advantage, but I think it's just one of those things you throw your hands up and say whelp its a wacky year.  I mean technically them not flying into another city would be a competitive advantage too.  Not gonna throw em on a plane and circle around the city just to even that out. 

That being said, I wonder if the Vikings coaches would prefer to have the players stay in a hotel anyways -- it keeps everyone under wraps, gives it the feel of not just another home game, allows complete focus on the game, etc

90758391980.gif

3 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

They should definitely use the away locker room since its the NFC's turn to be away.  I'd let them stay at their own houses though.  It's potentially a competitive advantage, but I think it's just one of those things you throw your hands up and say whelp its a wacky year.  I mean technically them not flying into another city would be a competitive advantage too.  Not gonna throw em on a plane and circle around the city just to even that out. 

That being said, I wonder if the Vikings coaches would prefer to have the players stay in a hotel anyways -- it keeps everyone under wraps, gives it the feel of not just another home game, allows complete focus on the game, etc

If the Vikings coaches get their way I'm sure they will treat it like every other home game and stay in their homes except for the night before when they stay at their usual team hotel downtown.  The other team (or teams if the Vikes don't make it) are slated to stay in Bloomington by the Mall of America.

Archived