Super Bowl Potential Uniform Matchups

Bruhammydude

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/22/2018 at 8:27 AM, kroywen said:

You know what's sad? You have to go back to 2011 to find a really high quality uniform matchup in the Super Bowl:

game31-frakes.jpg

I guess that's what happens with the only teams that can come out of the AFC are the super-dated Pats, the somewhat-dated Broncos, and the super-super-dated Ravens...

Let me rephrase that for you. That was the last Super Bowl featuring two uber-traditional uniforms.

ExJworW.png

Unfortunately, in terms of non-traditional uniforms, we've been graced with such things as:

Leotard pants:

15_SBChanges_news.jpg

Malcolm-Smith-Interception-Return-Super-

Monochrome uniforms:

super-bowl-xlix-tom-brady-new-england-pa

And uber-dated side panels and piping:

635904785269195419-USP-NFL-SUPER-BOWL-50

atlantatd.jpg?uuid=OPaCNuwREeawLNsWIYCzk

Not shining examples of modern uniforms.

4 hours ago, kroywen said:

Unfortunately, in terms of non-traditional uniforms, we've been graced with such things as:

Leotard pants:

15_SBChanges_news.jpg

Malcolm-Smith-Interception-Return-Super-

Monochrome uniforms:

super-bowl-xlix-tom-brady-new-england-pa

And uber-dated side panels and piping:

635904785269195419-USP-NFL-SUPER-BOWL-50

atlantatd.jpg?uuid=OPaCNuwREeawLNsWIYCzk

Not shining examples of modern uniforms.

I think the Broncos' side panels still look pretty good. Wait, can someone direct me to the unpopular opinion thread?

The Broncos’ look is a modern classic. It looks better than and outlasted all of its imitators, looks amazing in all of its combos (save for navy/navy), and is associated with the team’s three championships. The orange crush look is bland, associated with playoff failure, and outright boring compared to the 1997-present look.

7 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

Couldn't Eagles wear their Black alternates or no? 

Think they could wear their black pants if they wanted to. Don't think we'll see them experiment at the Super Bowl though.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

12 hours ago, CoasterLine said:

Not surprised to see the Patriots ride the "white usually wins" selection process, and to add that they are also undefeated in the Super Bowl while wearing them, it was kind of a no-brainer to me.

On the other hand, the Eagles are 11-1 in their home set this year (11-0 if you don't count meaningless Week 17 vs. Cowboys).

Who knows.

Personally, I like the Eagles home set vs. Patriots road set best. I'll take this look.

Who knows? I hope you at least know that it has literally and absolutely NOTHING to do with a team winning or losing.

9 hours ago, FSUViking said:

Who knows? I hope you at least know that it has literally and absolutely NOTHING to do with a team winning or losing.

No way, really?! :rolleyes: I thought that jersey selection automatically grants the Lombardi Trophy.

"Who knows" refers to superstition/Super Bowl stats (which is the reason the Patriots decided to wear whites) vs. this seasons stats regarding uniform choices for the Eagles.

Shaun Rajewski
Lead Developer, Founder
Epic Web Studios LLC.

16 hours ago, Matito said:

Alternates are not allowed in the playoffs, Super Bowl included.

Is this a new rule?  Because alternates have been worn in the playoffs as recently as 2008.

hqdefault.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

On 1/24/2018 at 9:04 AM, whitedawg22 said:

Is this a new rule?  Because alternates have been worn in the playoffs as recently as 2008.

hqdefault.jpg

Apparently, from what I can find (which is Wikipedia, so take that as you will), I was half wrong. Teams apparently can wear alternates during the playoffs, but not during the Super Bowl, where teams must wear their designated home or away jersey.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

51 minutes ago, Matito said:

Apparently, from what I can find (which is Wikipedia, so take that as you will), I was half wrong. Teams apparently can wear alternates during the playoffs, but not during the Super Bowl, where teams must wear their designated home or away jersey.

Except for the 94 Niners. :D

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 4:56 PM, kroywen said:

Leotard pants:

15_SBChanges_news.jpg

I can put up with this matchup...the only thing that bothers me looking back is the incomplete black collar on the Ravens jerseys we had all year. Only disadvantage to being the first champ in the new Nike era, right?

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

2 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

I can't believe no one has thought about the horror that could be monochrome midnight green.

If there is a living, breathing human being out there who is shaking in their shorts out of fear that the Eagles, in the most important game for their franchise in 14 years on the biggest stage in sports, would choose to wear a combo that they haven't worn in 16 years (read: since before the last most important game for the franchise) when the alternative is to wear their regular home combo that is not only the primary representation of the franchise's entire brand but is also a combo that they literally have not lost once in all season...

...then god rest their soul.

Archived