NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/27/2018 at 8:27 PM, aawagner011 said:

Yeah, I don’t think the Dolphins have made any statements about making any further changes to their identity. Otherwise, why wouldn’t they have done that this go around? I think they’ve arrived at a great look. The removal of the dark blue took it from “knock off Dolphins” to classic with the right colors. They feel right again. It’s a modern design which is also simple and they still get to wear their classic throwbacks with the stripes. It’s the best of both worlds.

no changes to the identity planned, and right, if we had any then this season would have been the one to do it. this is Mr Ross's identity and even with the uniform upgrades this season, we didn't want to change too much because we felt like it may have been asking too much. we did kick around the idea of adding a new logo to the identity (a monogram, likely) to go with the 2018 unis but it just never manifested. at some point i would love to revisit the wordmarks and number font as they're in desperate need of.... well, going away. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

1 hour ago, Gupti said:

DA36_A741_F4_C1_45_B5_B754_274_B97013234

Somebody get this man a calendar.

Also, cool to see Carolina go ahead and burn the color rush while they can. Blue tops over silver pants are a great look and deserve to be seen at least three times.

EDIT: D'OH, just noticed that two of the blue games are preseason. The heck is that for? 

Probably the new ownership departing from the tradition of the Richardson era, where white was worn at home almost always during the preseason. Maybe they feel black is too uncomfortable; but then again the Jaguars are farther south and wear black for at least one preseason home game.

10 hours ago, msubulldog said:

Probably the new ownership departing from the tradition of the Richardson era, where white was worn at home almost always during the preseason. Maybe they feel black is too uncomfortable; but then again the Jaguars are farther south and wear black for at least one preseason home game.

Aren't preseason games almost always at night? Jersey color shouldn't be much of a heat factor at dusk.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I understood everything Keenan Allen said until "and still have that drip". When I hear "that drip" my mind jumps straight to some sort of STD.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Navy on navy as traditional? I seriously think that blue pants throw off the color balance of the white helmet/blue jersey. Blue over white is much more classic looking, and better aesthetically. 

Average players really don't know that much about uniform history either, so I might give him a pass. But yeah, navy over white is much more "traditional". 

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

7 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

Navy on navy as traditional? I seriously think that blue pants throw off the color balance of the white helmet/blue jersey. Blue over white is much more classic looking, and better aesthetically. 

Average players really don't know that much about uniform history either, so I might give him a pass. But yeah, navy over white is much more "traditional". 

I'm guessing he meant "traditional" as in a navy blue suit. At least I hope that's what he meant. Like you said, the average player doesn't know about football uniform history or design, so they reference regular fashion, which is how we end up with some of the mostrosies they like.

spacer.png

20 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

I understood everything Keenan Allen said until "and still have that drip". When I hear "that drip" my mind jumps straight to some sort of STD.

When your bling is iced out but that :censored: melting from all your hot bars, you got the drip.

Just another word for immense swag.
Guy 1:"Yo, that new rapper got the drip." 
Guy 2: "For real yo, he drippin."

On 8/1/2018 at 8:45 AM, whitedawg22 said:

Aren't preseason games almost always at night? Jersey color shouldn't be much of a heat factor at dusk.

Seems like in recent seasons, many games are played in the heat of the early or mid afternoons.

On 7/26/2018 at 11:36 AM, bowld said:

Ravens pant stripe is supposed to be Black/Purple/Black. How do you screw this up?? I was gunna buy one too but now this bugs me that its wrong

DjCXl59VAAAplBy.jpg

Yet they got it right here... 

DjCXl4lV4AA5glL.jpg

Watching the HoF game, the black hats just clicked to me..... It's the helmet striping. Some of these use the jersey stripe, others the pants, Baltimore is using their helmet stripe.

1 hour ago, HoopsCoach55 said:

Watching the HoF game, the black hats just clicked to me..... It's the helmet striping. Some of these use the jersey stripe, others the pants, Baltimore is using their helmet stripe.

I pointed this out last week.

On 7/26/2018 at 3:24 PM, Eszcz21 said:

I feel like it is the helmet stripe

10 hours ago, HoopsCoach55 said:

Shouldn't the stripes be tapered then, like other teams' hats have tapered stripes?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived