NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, unimaniac said:

I know this probably isn't a popular opinion, but all the Jags need to do is make the helmet all black and make the numbers on the teal jersey white w/ black outlines (and make it the primary), and it'd be great.  

I know opinions can't be wrong, but...

It's where I sit.

5 hours ago, Pizzaman7294 said:

Anyone seen the Super Bowl program?

Interested to see if the current Super Bowl logo format is followed, what color Atlanta chooses.

Red would be an obvious favorite but I don’t Atlanta wants anymore reminders of Super Bowl LI. I hope we see Peach instead.

SB_LI_1280_170205.jpg

NYCdog.png

Minnesota’s hosting this year, and the logo has blue highlights. Not necessarily a colour that ties into the team or locale. What makes anyone think the Super Bowl LIII logo will tie into Georgia in any meaningful way?

On 1/14/2018 at 9:22 AM, unimaniac said:

I know this probably isn't a popular opinion, but all the Jags need to do is make the helmet all black and make the numbers on the teal jersey white w/ black outlines (and make it the primary), and it'd be great.  

100% agreed with you there.

ExJworW.png

13 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Minnesota’s hosting this year, and the logo has blue highlights. Not necessarily a colour that ties into the team or locale. What makes anyone think the Super Bowl LIII logo will tie into Georgia in any meaningful way?

Light blue ties into the whole Northern-esque feel of the Northern lights and snow feel. 

Their host website portrays that -> https://www.mnsuperbowl.com/about

spacer.png

spacer.png

14 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

I'm thinking that the logo will represent Atlanta in some way so that counts right ? 

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

45 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Why on earth should they do that?    Because they’ve lost a lot in recent decades?

Should the Cubs have retired theirs?

While I don't agree with that sentiment (that the Browns should dump their name), I get the reasoning. The expansion Browns (1999-present) have largely been failures, with only one playoff appearance and only one win in the past two calendar years. It's merely asking for the team to act like the crummy expansion franchise that they are, and not like the continuation of the team that's now the Ravens.

That might make sense if they weren’t the same franchise.  But since the franchise certificate was deliberately and purposely left behind in Cleveland when the team moved, they are.

I know a lot of people want to draw distinctions, but this isn’t a Baltimore Orioles or Milwaukee Brewers situation.  They actually are the same franchise

I used to think that the Jaguars made themselves a new gradient helmet with gold fading to black. I thought it was a cool new idea, so I gave it a chance. But when I saw them in action during a game, I noticed it's actually half gold directly seperated by the other half in black. Very little to no gradient used. With that said, their creation looks pretty bad and needs to go.

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

That might make sense if they weren’t the same franchise.  But since the franchise certificate was deliberately and purposely left behind in Cleveland when the team moved, they are.

I know a lot of people want to draw distinctions, but this isn’t a Baltimore Orioles or Milwaukee Brewers situation.  They actually are the same franchise

Unalloyed nonsense. 

That "certificate" business was pure theatre, a sleight-of-hand designed to combat the threat of litigation.

The original intent had been to operate as the Baltimore Browns, in keeping with the practice of the Cardinals, Rams, Colts, Raiders, Dodgers, baseball Giants, Braves, A's; in other words: the way the vast majority of moves had been handled. This was the plan until the Clevelanders pulled their Special Snowflake act, which led to the NFL's contriving a new approach so as to appease the braying horde (thereby defiling the record books and establish a toxic precedent). 

No new name can alter the reality that the original Browns' franchise is in Baltimore now, and that the current team is a newly-created entity that dates to 1999.

The NFL gets to count its statistics any way it likes. But it does not get to alter the objective facts of history.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Archived