NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of the best looks in the league either use traditional striping methods (Redskins, Cowboys, Colts, Chiefs) or opt for more simplistic designs (Raiders, Jaguars). These designs are clean and elegant.

Then you get the ones who overdo it. Looking at you, Seattle and Tampa Bay.

These are the ones that overlook the value of a clean and uncluttered uniform that add way too many elements.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I disagreed with all the hate for this....

USATSI_11054847.jpg

but I think I'm going to have to agree with (most) of the hate for this...

bc0xdtywtblzyx8npeha.jpg

Could the white jersey use teal outlines on the numbers?  Sure.  Does it render the whole set boring?  Meh.  Point is,  the overall look doesn't die because of one or two elements that are "personal" preferences.  I think the black jersey over teal or white pants will look the sharpest.  There are some nice looks to the whole set,  when paired properly.   

5 minutes ago, L10nheart404 said:

Could the white jersey use teal outlines on the numbers?  Sure.  Does it render the whole set boring?  Meh.  Point is,  the overall look doesn't die because of one or two elements that are "personal" preferences.  I think the black jersey over teal or white pants will look the sharpest.  There are some nice looks to the whole set,  when paired properly.   

But the entire set could've looked great with any combination, had they done a couple small things..

Even with the overly-simplistic design, making teal the primary and using teal numbers on the white jersey would've been a huge step in the right direction.. Then the "all black" alt look would've been excusable as a once-a-year thing.. Now, they look like a black and white team, which is not "their look"

9 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

The Jags look like the generic team you play against in Madden practice mode. Awful.

You don't play against a generic team in practice mode in Madden.  If you're in franchise mode you play against your defense wearing the primary away uniforms, if you're playing in general practice mode you play against any team in the league you choose in their primary away uniforms.

3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I disagreed with all the hate for this....

USATSI_11054847.jpg

but I think I'm going to have to agree with (most) of the hate for this...

bc0xdtywtblzyx8npeha.jpg

Echoing this thought. Yeah, last week's look could benefit from a pant stripe, but the emphasis on teal saves the look on the whole.

To extend the pizza metaphor, this week's white-from-the-neck-down set is:

e70.jpg

5 hours ago, daveindc said:

The Jacksonville Jaguars have officially ushered in the "Less is More" era of NFL uniform designs. No more stale, old-fashioned "standard" features like pants stripes. No more gimmicky "modern" patterns. However, like a lot of others have mentioned, solid teal numbers would've made it perfect. That is my one critique. Still, I applaud the Jaguars for the great new set, which will no doubt influence NFL uniform designs from here on out.

#LessIsMore #LIM

Using hashtags are you kidding

59 minutes ago, daveindc said:

#LessIsMore is trending! It's a movement!

#LessIsMore #LIS

This isn't Twitter. It's a message board. If you want to contribute? Provide more than a hashtag as an argument. Thank you.

4 hours ago, WavePunter said:

But the entire set could've looked great with any combination, had they done a couple small things..

Even with the overly-simplistic design, making teal the primary and using teal numbers on the white jersey would've been a huge step in the right direction.. Then the "all black" alt look would've been excusable as a once-a-year thing.. Now, they look like a black and white team, which is not "their look"

Don't  get me wrong,  I agree with all of the above.  It's a little annoying, knowing that gold on each uniform  could take these to a top 5 type of set.  But,  I wont disregard the total presentation because of it,  or lack there of. 

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

This isn't Twitter. It's a message board. If you want to contribute? Provide more than a hashtag as an argument. Thank you.

The hashtags were obviously just made in jest and in reply to the other guy's silly post. Go reply to him about contributing, because I've done plenty whether you agree with my opinions or not...

8 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Totally agree with this.

#TrustTheProcess

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

On a side note — does Minnesota have the best stadium lighting in the NFL? Those gameday photos look sharp.

Was that a day game?  I think the stadium does let some natural light in which blends in with the artificial.

It kinda looks that way because the color temperature seems to be different than most other game shots that are under either all natural or all artificial light.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 8/18/2018 at 6:17 AM, VandyDelphia Mike said:

262bc42a2c21dfbaf6dc6c4a213c08b5.image.7

Slightly agree, though Panthers blue may be light enough to get away without a white outline

A keyline would just clunk it up. Not everything has to be (nor should it be) high contrast to make a design work. I still dislike this mark with every fiber of myself, but the blue pieces define everything that a white keyline would. It’s not needed.

14 hours ago, daveindc said:

But what's the difference between the two? Most agreed that the white jerseys could use teal numbers. Other than that, I don't see the difference quality.

Well, it's your opinion that it's "plain". And I'm pretty sure you'll see simpler designs similar to this in the future.

Where did you get that I'm "obsessed with what's swag"? lol. And what's the "clean fad"? Clean uniforms are a bad thing now?

Teams that'll never stray too far from their own classic look like the Packers, Bears, Steelers, etc are obviously perfectly fine. Future uniforms that adopt these old-fashioned designs as if it was "standard" is what's dull and boring.

Ah, but you indeed chose the pic of the pizza with only one topping to include in your post! You may have thought you wanted the usual anchovies and mushrooms, but once you take a bite of that delicious pepperoni slice you'll forget about all the other suff. Once you get used to seeing the Jaguars beautiful uniforms in action, you'll forget all about wanting stripes. Enjoy your pizza!

#LessIsMore #LIS

The only problem is their beautiful uniforms are just black and white. Otherwise I’d agree, for the most part.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

8 hours ago, daveindc said:

The hashtags were obviously just made in jest and in reply to the other guy's silly post. Go reply to him about contributing, because I've done plenty whether you agree with my opinions or not...

Hi. No. You threw hashtags on the end of your post before anyone responded to you. 

As for who I’m going to reply to? That’s my choice, now isn’t it? So how about you stop with the hashtags like a mod asked you to? 

Archived