NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

The worst flaw of that Vikings set was the pants.  Even when they wore them as designed (white/purple and purple/white), the "transition" from white to purple (or vice-versa) in the side panel just came a few inches lower.  It should have just kept the pants stripe all one color, particularly since they ended up going white/white about seven times a year. And on the white/white (or p/p), it just looked like a random box had been taken out of the side of the pants.  The pants, in a vacuum, looked ridiculous with that short stripe not going to the top.  I always thought that "transition" was a case of "overthinking it." The Bengals also have a transition on top of their pants.  Those are not quite a egregious as the Vikings because the "box" is two colors and one of those two matches the jersey side panel.  But still unnecessary.  

This was just one of the many, many, many, many problems with the 2006 - 2012 Vikings uniform.

4 hours ago, Gupti said:

Im a huge fan of the Vikes’ current road white regardless of the striping, though I really wish they’d included some “road whites” in the pant rotation to better match the jerseys like Denver had.

I’ll need some board vets to back me up on this lore, but I believe that I recall that when the unis were introduced in 2013, Colorwerx’s logosheet showed that there actually was an extra pair of white pants available that they never mentioned, didn’t show at the unveiling, and haven’t shown a thread of since. They were white with a single fat purple stripe, and the Viking head on the hip inside of the stripe. I wonder if it was just a mistake to include them at all, like they were part of a design option that wasn’t selected. Weird stuff.

vikespants.png

Somebody a couple of pages back mentioned San Francisco as being one of the teams with black in their uniforms. If they were referencing their new throwbacks, they weren't wrong.

news-711x399-116199-1527138477.jpg

The helmet logo, alt jerseys and alt pants all feature black. Not a lot, but just enough black to win an argument on a technicality lol.

1DE7EC92_A185_41C4_A788_A46AEE57D6EC.png

Hotter Than July > Thriller

53 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Somebody a couple of pages back mentioned San Francisco as being one of the teams with black in their uniforms. If they were referencing their new throwbacks, they weren't wrong.

news-711x399-116199-1527138477.jpg

The helmet logo, alt jerseys and alt pants all feature black. Not a lot, but just enough black to win an argument on a technicality lol.

1DE7EC92_A185_41C4_A788_A46AEE57D6EC.png

The thing I love about these jerseys is that they're throwbacks to 1994, not necessarily the 60s or whenever they wore that style. Because the '94 jerseys were a fauxback to say the least (like many teams wearing throwbacks that year).

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

8 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

I don't think white jersey and white pants works with this new set because the stripes don't match. On the white pants, the yellow stripe is surround by purple but on the white jersey the yellow strip is outside the purple. The look just doesn't feel right. Regardless of whether or not the Vikings should be wearing all white on the road, this current set isn't designed to be all white it seems like. 

I agree on paper with what you say here, but whenever I see it I tend to want it full time.

16 hours ago, DouglasQuaid said:

I agree that white on white is a great classic look but I believe it worked better with the old ucla stripes. Personally I like the purple pants because they looked great on the classic uniforms and still look great today. (Still need white away socks).

3c7f83e243f39104063602279fa56c7c.jpgadrian-peterson.jpg

I definitely miss the old UCLA stripe uniforms. My favourite Vikes uniform ever.

I don't dislike the purple pants, I just prefer the all whites.

1 hour ago, Placebo said:

I definitely miss the old UCLA stripe uniforms. My favourite Vikes uniform ever.

I don't dislike the purple pants, I just prefer the all whites.

This.

I don't want the purple pants to disappear, I just want to see the all-white look 2-4 times per year.

The Buccaneers' warm grey labeled as pewter looks terrible. I don't care what pirates drank out of. The Bears' uniforms don't reflect picanic baskets. Tampa's only colors should be orange and red.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

19 hours ago, DouglasQuaid said:

I agree that white on white is a great classic look but I believe it worked better with the old ucla stripes. Personally I like the purple pants because they looked great on the classic uniforms and still look great today. (Still need white away socks).

3c7f83e243f39104063602279fa56c7c.jpgadrian-peterson.jpg

I’ll be honest, I’m fully prepared to make an exception to my no-yoga-pants rule for the current Vikings road set. 

I have no idea why I think it works but I like it. 

28 minutes ago, the admiral said:

The Buccaneers' warm grey labeled as pewter looks terrible. I don't care what pirates drank out of. The Bears' uniforms don't reflect picanic baskets. Tampa's only colors should be orange and red.

Half agree. I don't have a problem with them wearing pewter. I liked their old set. But aesthetics are definitely more important than historical accuracy, and glossy pewter looks better than matte.

36 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I’ll be honest, I’m fully prepared to make an exception to my no-yoga-pants rule for the current Vikings road set. 

I have no idea why I think it works but I like it. 

I completely agree. I wouldn’t mind if they added an option of white striped socks, but I really don’t mind the set the way it is currently at all either. In fact, it might be my single favorite uniform in the NFL (With a little bias there, admittedly).

7 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

vikespants.png

Those pants even made it to Madden. It didn't really look good so it's no wonder it was never worn.

I remember Madden also had some white pants for the 49ers too some years back once they got the current look. The pants had a black-gold-red-gold-black stripe pattern and the 49ers logo at the hip.

bSLCtu2.png

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

Those pants even made it to Madden. It didn't really look good so it's no wonder it was never worn.

I remember Madden also had some white pants for the 49ers too some years back once they got the current look. The pants had a black-gold-red-gold-black stripe pattern and the 49ers logo at the hip.

They are actually still in Madden and look pretty good to me.

6d6ccda3-0558-42aa-8720-6d3e0cb76d39_Thu

3 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Half agree. I don't have a problem with them wearing pewter. I liked their old set. But aesthetics are definitely more important than historical accuracy, and glossy pewter looks better than matte.

I don't love the old set: I thought they looked like the 49ers in need of a laundry day and the logos were sort of corny. But lots of people think they're the single greatest football uniform ever created and I have to at least respect that, I guess. But if teams can't or won't do shiny fabric, then pewter can't be a color anymore. Matte pewter does not work. It's not the color of Blackbeard's dined-upon dinnerware. It's just a dull brownish grey.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

6 hours ago, the admiral said:

I don't love the old set: I thought they looked like the 49ers in need of a laundry day and the logos were sort of corny. But lots of people think they're the single greatest football uniform ever created and I have to at least respect that, I guess. But if teams can't or won't do shiny fabric, then pewter can't be a color anymore. Matte pewter does not work. It's not the color of Blackbeard's dined-upon dinnerware. It's just a dull brownish grey.

I'll agree with that. A redesign that drops pewter in favor of red and orange with black trim (and white helmets, to accommodate creamsicle throwbacks) would be best.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

19 hours ago, dont care said:

The Bucs pewter is supposed to mimic the finish of cannons and cannon balls, not the actual metal pewter. I do agree that it does not look as good matte as it did on the shimmer fabric but comparing a color to a metal it’s not suppose to be mimicking is bad form. 

I've never heard that before - do you have a source?

I'm curious because cannons and cannonballs were never made out of pewter. Pewter would be uniquely unsuited to making weapons, since it is relatively soft and has a very low melting point. If the Bucs are going for that, they shouldn't call it pewter.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived