NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

11 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I’ll be honest, I’m fully prepared to make an exception to my no-yoga-pants rule for the current Vikings road set. 

I have no idea why I think it works but I like it. 

The stripe helps a lot, in comparison to teams like the Ravens and Saints.  Still, it can be a little much when players wear mostly-purple long socks:

ap_18021859379524-e1516621216432.jpg?w=6

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Things that look good look better than things that look bad regardless of any mascot tie-ins. The Bucs shiny pewter is a million times better than their current version, which is more pee-yew-ter than pewter. 

Yeah that was bad. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

15 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

It is when the socks match the pants.  

That’s how bad the yoga pants look is, that it can spoil the whole thing like a single rotten egg in your pancakes. 

It could be better, but it definitely is not "horrible".

13 hours ago, the admiral said:

The Buccaneers' warm grey labeled as pewter looks terrible. I don't care what pirates drank out of. The Bears' uniforms don't reflect picanic baskets. Tampa's only colors should be orange and red.

The problem with the Buccs' pewter is that it really looks brown, especially since they ditched the shiny material for the pants. I always thought the Buccs' would have looked better if they had adopted a color called 'champagne' which was used by the USFL's Michigan Panthers:

Michigan_Panthers_Helmet_Logo.png

3 hours ago, whitedawg22 said:

I've never heard that before - do you have a source?

I'm curious because cannons and cannonballs were never made out of pewter. Pewter would be uniquely unsuited to making weapons, since it is relatively soft and has a very low melting point. If the Bucs are going for that, they shouldn't call it pewter.

Which is what I was saying pewter is just the name, the actual color is suppose to resemble the look of the cannons/ cannon calls. That’s why originally the helmets had those black streaks on the redesigned helmets too. I’ll see if I can find the unveil where it’s quoted.

Question. Does anybody know why NFL teams are not allowed to wear plain white socks? Why are white socks required to have stripes on them? One of those weird NFL uniform rule quirks that always bothered me.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

18 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Question. Does anybody know why NFL teams are not allowed to wear plain white socks? Why are white socks required to have stripes on them? One of those weird NFL uniform rule quirks that always bothered me.

Do we actually know that to be a rule?

18 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

Light colored helmets paired with dark jerseys and pants always look like absolute :censored:. This is no exception. Bonus crap points for the white numbers without any other uniform element featuring a considerable amount of white.

I love that the Panthers are mixing and matching. They have three jerseys, four pairs of pants and two sets of socks and the striping generally matches up, so go nuts. I look forward to their new combos and what else comes up.

In Madden (when I wasn't protesting the lack of progress by not buying the game), I used their black and blue pants with the white jersey. Looked cool.

8 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

Don’t get me wrong, they don’t like ok great...my opinion is always that the helmet should always match either the jersey or the pants for good balance.

I don't argue this point, but I'm compelled to say 'what about the Steelers' roads?'.

It's where I sit.

Archived