NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

21 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

the Ravens' purple/black/gold mix there just isnt going to work no matter how you organize those colors on the primary pieces (helmet, jersey, pants, socks). 

If Baltimore wore their white jerseys they'd look like Pittsburgh ran through a mud pit.

1 hour ago, Gr3g3 said:

Couple of thoughts from my first time watching the '18 Titans live;

2.) Still don't like the number font, but it's not Tampa Bay Buccaneer bad.

The numbers need to be thicker.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How come the ravens and titans (white helmet) equipment guys could always be consistent with the space between the stripes but since the very first game of the panthers existence they have never been consistent. It looks like a little league team where the dads got together the night before the first game, drank several beers and slapped on the stripes! You are an nfl team how come this doesn’t piss off anyone in the front office?! 

26 minutes ago, jgiff17 said:

How come the ravens and titans (white helmet) equipment guys could always be consistent with the space between the stripes but since the very first game of the panthers existence they have never been consistent. It looks like a little league team where the dads got together the night before the first game, drank several beers and slapped on the stripes! You are an nfl team how come this doesn’t piss off anyone in the front office?! 

The same reason the variety of shoulder stripes doesn't piss anyone off..

I have a feeling if the Panthers change their uniforms under it's new ownership that (whatever they call their shade of) blue will become the primary color. Especially since they've been one of those teams that are superstitious about wearing black in early season games. They may still have black uniforms, but they'll be relegated to alternate/color rush status.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

4 hours ago, jgiff17 said:

The titans and ravens stripes are one connected decal, the panthers are 2 different decals that are difficult to get the same from helmet to helmet based on its wonky design and different helmets having differen dimensions 

9 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

I have a feeling if the Panthers change their uniforms under it's new ownership that (whatever they call their shade of) blue will become the primary color. Especially since they've been one of those teams that are superstitious about wearing black in early season games. They may still have black uniforms, but they'll be relegated to alternate/color rush status.

I hope so.

On 8/24/2018 at 9:00 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

I have no problem with the "three different colors" issue, as long as one of the colors is white.

a%20thing_zpsymmoxyko.png

But when all three are different and none are white?  Disaster...

0ap3000000607188.jpg

I'm amend this by saying "other than the helmet"

I thought this looked sucked for the Titans unless you were only looking from the neck down.

vy.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h=410&

I'm a really big fan of three colors when the jersey is white, and the helmet is darker than the pants.  I like the colors use of the Steelers, Giants, '80s Eagles, my HS team my sr year (photo below), GSOT Rams, Fouts Chargers, etc.  The Jags would look fine with teal pants with their white jerseys, but I don't think that combo was even shown.

The helmet is like an anchor, and should be darker than the pants when the jersey is white in a three-color scheme.

PICT0761.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

I tried out Teal/Black/Teal for the Jaguars earlier today in Madden and it actually looks good. That or Teal/White/Teal should definitely be the designated home look.

Teal jerseys and black pants would be the best look. Love when the pants match the helmets when it comes to football uniforms. The Jaguars should just wear black pants at all times. 

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I'm a really big fan of three colors when the jersey is white, and the helmet is darker than the pants.  I like the colors use of the Steelers, Giants, '80s Eagles, my HS team my sr year (photo below), GSOT Rams, Fouts Chargers, etc.  The Jags would look fine with teal pants with their white jerseys, but I don't think that combo was even shown.

The helmet is like an anchor, and should be darker than the pants when the jersey is white in a three-color scheme.

PICT0761.jpg

Dear Lord #52 got absolutely wrecked

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

27 minutes ago, Sleeper66 said:

The home team went with electrical tape as a design element. My compliments to the equipment manager.

Ha.  That was actually the state final in 1996.  The "home" team had the Michigan design on light blue helmets.  Overrated punks got they asses kicked.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

21 hours ago, dont care said:

The titans and ravens stripes are one connected decal, the panthers are 2 different decals that are difficult to get the same from helmet to helmet based on its wonky design and different helmets having differen dimensions 

There wasn’t much difference in the helmet designs when they started their franchise except bike had no lifted middle stripe and Riddell did. There’s a thing called a tape measure or ruler where they could easily have measured the riddell space and used that as the default space between the stripes. And given the money nfl owners make they have the power to ensure all the helmets are uniform as much as they can be especially in 95! 

Archived