NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

9 hours ago, Gupti said:

The 2018 Jags look more like effort to me; effort to restrain themselves i

They succeeded to a detrimental degree. 

All they need to do is throw a Raiders-esque pants stripe on the pants (black on white, white on black) and make the numbers on the white jerseys teal. That’s all. 

Niether change would muddy the uniform up or clutter design. 

Instead the uniforms as they exist are just too plain to work. They’re so close to crossing over from “plain” to “simple and traditional” but they stopped a few crucial steps short. 

Now that being said...it’s far and away better than the 2013-2017 Jags look. Which was historically awful. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, mr.nascar13 said:

I've been fighting myself trying to figure out why I like this set and I think I figured it out: they're playing Pittsburgh.

The dark-dark-light color palette of Pittsburgh's home uniform contrasts with Carolina's light-light-dark setup. 

Pair this combo or the light blue jersey + black pants uniform against the Patriots' away look or anyone else with dark pants, and it doesn't work.

You wouldn't pair this combo with ANYONE'S away combo.. Since its, you know, an away combo itself..

55 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

They succeeded to a detrimental degree. 

All they need to do is throw a Raiders-esque pants stripe on the pants (black on white, white on black) and make the numbers on the white jerseys teal. That’s all. 

Niether change would muddy the uniform up or clutter design. 

Instead the uniforms as they exist are just too plain to work. They’re so close to crossing over from “plain” to “simple and traditional” but they stopped a few crucial steps short. 

Now that being said...it’s far and away better than the 2013-2017 Jags look. Which was historically awful. 

Totally agree with every note here. Jags are a teal pants stripe away from being quite good.

19 minutes ago, Tracy MidGrady said:

Jags should have kept the old pants

No thanks. The epitome of a pointless overly-modern pants stripe. I couldn't stand the trapezoid shape. Even the Bucs pants are better because they "connect" to the socks at the bottom of the pants. The old Jags pants just looked so awkward with the too-wide trapezoid right in the middle.

I know this has been discussed and is seen as a complete inevitability but in Madden 19 the Panthers logo is actually at midfield, we should've known something was up from that alone. I'm surprised EA even had inside info for that because they're never on top of stadium details.

bSLCtu2.png

3 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

I know this has been discussed and is seen as a complete inevitability but in Madden 19 the Panthers logo is actually at midfield, we should've known something was up from that alone. I'm surprised EA even had inside info for that because they're never on top of stadium details.

It was just changed in the latest patch. The game came out with the nfl logo still at 50

7 hours ago, WavePunter said:

You wouldn't pair this combo with ANYONE'S away combo.. Since its, you know, an away combo itself..

Hence why I said "or the light blue jersey + black pants combo". Both that and the combo worn against Pittsburgh are light-light-dark. The light blue jersey doesn't contrast enough with a white jersey

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Panthers have no need for white pants.   Other Panthers thoughts:

I'm now of the mind that they should switch their helmet to black.  This is a first for me, as it would allow for any color pants to be worn with any jersey and still look good

They have no need for white pants at all, regardless of helmet color.  If they are insistent on sticking with silver, then they should burn the white pants right now.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, mr.nascar13 said:

Hence why I said "or the light blue jersey + black pants combo". Both that and the combo worn against Pittsburgh are light-light-dark. The light blue jersey doesn't contrast enough with a white jersey

I'm not sure the blue jersey is really "light".. It's a legal colored home jersey, and although it's lighter than the black pants, it's darker than the silver pants and helmet.. It's kind of a medium color.. But that combination doesn't really look good at all anyway (they actually wore it against the Patriots' away combo), but would look pretty sharp with a black helmet if they ever went that route

6 minutes ago, hormone said:

Of all the mixing and matching the panthers are messing with, I’m most impressed they used opposite color socks.

Right? I don't get the yoga-pants trend. Or the monochrome trend in general for that matter. 

So, does Nike meet with a team and say, look, you’ve got two choices...nothing or everything? The nothing choice is no stripes, number outlines, and bare minimum or you can have everything. Yokes, gray, silver, abstract stripes, chrome, and an unreadable, I mean unique font.

KISSwall09.jpg

Correction. The Jags look mediocre to severely bland while the Titans look like they were designed as a joke and not as real option for an nfl franchise. 

I’ll never understand the love for these jags uniforms, they had a perfect identity prior to 2009 and they completely :censored: the bed on each attempt to upgrade. 

Yes I know someone is going to say the helmet is beautiful and I concede but the rest is just unforgivable from a design standpoint. 

On 8/26/2018 at 8:01 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

I'm a really big fan of three colors when the jersey is white, and the helmet is darker than the pants.  I like the colors use of the Steelers, Giants, '80s Eagles, my HS team my sr year (photo below), GSOT Rams, Fouts Chargers, etc.  The Jags would look fine with teal pants with their white jerseys, but I don't think that combo was even shown.

The helmet is like an anchor, and should be darker than the pants when the jersey is white in a three-color scheme.

PICT0761.jpg

I feel like I might've known this already, but you went to Downingtown?

(or at least I think that's the logo I'm seeing on #3's helmet)

Archived