NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 hours ago, insert name said:

I'm loving the pants the more I watch this game but with the way they're playing now, I fear they'll use the "bad luck" excuse and ditch them. 

I hope not. I like the purple pants! The color rush moreso but still, sorely needed. 

2 hours ago, C-Squared said:

I especially love this Ravens look with Weddle's long white sleeves... does this finally successfully break the "helmet-jersey-non-white-pants 3-color" rule?

Not sure what that is. 

These look fine, though I'd reverse the stripe.  The outer stripe should be the jersey color, not the inner.  In this case, black as the main stripe would tie in to the helmet better.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 hours ago, C-Squared said:

I especially love this Ravens look with Weddle's long white sleeves... does this finally successfully break the "helmet-jersey-non-white-pants 3-color" rule?

Nope... that "rule" (which was never actually rule, thankfully) was broken successfully about 100 years ago...

3%20colors_zpscatnnmet.png?t=1536847841

I think the color rush pants would've been a better option here. I'm surprised that they actually felt the need to make a separate, slightly different set of purple pants. It's not like their road jersey is devoid of gold, which brings me to my old gripe with the Ravens - it's weird to me that they separate purple and black with gold on their jersey numbers, but their regular white pants have always been black-purple-black. Always thought a late 90's Jaguars style stripe would work wonders for their trousers stripe. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

9 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

I think the color rush pants would've been a better option here. I'm surprised that they actually felt the need to make a separate, slightly different set of purple pants. It's not like their road jersey is devoid of gold, which brings me to my old gripe with the Ravens - it's weird to me that they separate purple and black with gold on their jersey numbers, but their regular white pants have always been black-purple-black. Always thought a late 90's Jaguars style stripe would work wonders for their trousers stripe. 

Yeah, their color distribution has always been off, IMO.  I think they believe the hip patch (on both the white pants and these new pants) counts as having some gold. Like you, I don't think I agree, but...

zifwtgsmu9h6yffowkmq.jpg

fiptytwvqc2zakle52wg.jpg

kxib3uupb9emgw6orup7.jpg

k7ng8ja64rwbgzwk0wse.jpg

For me, personally, though... just for the facts that is has stripes and has contrast with the socks?  I'll take it.

7 minutes ago, insert name said:

Why did the Ravens get rid of the black collar? 

Because it would either look like this . . .

Super+Bowl+XLVII+Baltimore+Ravens+v+San+

. . . or, worse still, this monstrosity . . . 

8f302ce109299430670f6a7067001ec3.jpg

. . . which looks even worse in red on the blue jersey . . . 

Arian-Foster.jpg?w=980&q=75

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

, , , though the Texans' collars do look much better on the current template.

2409201_091217-KTRK-AP-DEShaun-watson-imhou_news_20180818_nfltexansvs49ers_erics

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

13 hours ago, C-Squared said:

does this finally successfully break the "helmet-jersey-non-white-pants 3-color" rule?

Ok I'm a dork, but here are some other from history (if I'm understanding right).  I omitted some of the low contrast ones (Baltimore, Detroit, New England) :

14cr2m8.jpg

With colored jerseys, the "3-color rule" only works if the helmet is the darkest color, so the Chargers powder over gold with white helmet doesn't work, nor does the Titans powder over navy, nor did the Panthers blue over black (IMO.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived