NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Browns endzone shouldn’t be hard. “BROWNS” in brown athletic block font outlined in orange in one endzone. 

“CLEVELAND” in brown athletic block font outlined in orange in the other endzone. 

Like the uniforms they tried to get cute. And like the uniforms it sucks. 

37 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

A Browns endzone shouldn’t be hard. “BROWNS” in brown athletic block font outlined in orange in one endzone. 

“CLEVELAND” in brown athletic block font outlined in orange in the other endzone.

They did this in 2014 and '15 and it worked spectacularly. I really don't understand why they felt the need to change it so drastically.

NSFCvyu.png

Speaking of the Browns, from the waist up, these uniforms are GORGEOUS

f0e5cb9dc7d3481b88703b4ed9b18861.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Anyone else find it odd that this Browns set is basically a recolored version of their old set? Despite the fact that the Color Rush program was launched a full year after the Browns unveiled their current uniforms.

There are a few Color Rush sets that make you scratch your head where they are not a recolored version of their normal uniforms or a throwback. The Browns are one. The Falcons are odd because it uses the throwback style but with a bold red color and the modern logos. Similar situation with the Pats. Current font and logos but traditional striping. I would also put the Bengals in this category for using their normal design simply recolored but a plain block font.

51 minutes ago, nash61 said:

Nothing wrong from the waist down either.  If they are gonna have brown pants, this is how you do it right.

12 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

Those uniforms would be perfect if there was white between the stripes on the jersey and pants and the uniform had white numbers... so, basically their old set with better colors. 

Ask and you shall receive! Just needs stripes on the pants.

72125364d2980d79862cc6467ccb341a.jpg

5 hours ago, nash61 said:

Huh, don’t know why it didn’t occur to me before that that’s the old jersey but with the white swapped for orange and orange swapped for brown. The part that really seals it is the old wordmark with the serifs that don’t even use anymore.

Their current set debuted in 2015 whereas this color rush ensemble was unveiled in 2016. Is that as early as they found themselves regretting the redesign?

My opinion is always the same on these types of uniforms... if you can pull off the straight brown/orange look all over? It would look pretty good. The white kills it in this case (and most every case), though. The white on the helmet stripe makes it feel like there should be white in the rest of the uniform.

Just saw highlights on TV now, and I think I would have said these uniforms were black if I didn’t know better. Lighten the brown. Were the coaches wearing black sideline gear? That stuff looked even more like black.

I only saw the jerseys as brown because I knew they were the Browns. After all these years, maybe Jerry Jones is a genius for keeping the two-tone blue. I loved this color rush set, right down to the 00's-style sheen on the numbers... maybe just because its such a major improvement from their primaries.

That's not even remotely close to brown.  That's like a faint reminder of brown.

The other issue is that they're still using the obnoxiously dark shade of orange, and obviously the lack of white everywhere but the helmet is terrible.  There's nothing really to critique beyond "they're better than the terrible trash Nike made."

I'd be interested in seeing these paired with white/orange pants this season, however.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived