NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

He just means artificial lightning due to night game.

If your NFL uniforms don't look good at night in an NFL stadium (especially your own), that's not good.

7 hours ago, JH360 said:

There wasn't a problem reading the numbers Thursday. The orange popped just fine. It's why some read the jerseys as black.

You are wrong here, while it was fairly easy to watch the televised game with not a lot of issues, the issues come when trying to analyze film and can’t easily identify players sure to color blur and normally game film is from much further away than TV.

On 9/21/2018 at 10:14 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

7da23263881fa160742901bb0964fce4.jpg

“Whadd’ya think we should do?”

”Coach, I’m thinkin’ darker orange, including orange numbers, brown facemasks, and brown pants would really make this a kick-ass set.”

“Son, I hope we’re both dead and buried before that ever happens.  Now go run ‘Philly Special’ and win us this damn game!”

4 hours ago, dont care said:

You are saying this like all teams colors don’t appear darker during night games.

Uniforms during a night game aren't going to look the same as a day game, but you still have to look like yourself. I could have sworn it was an orange and black uniform.

19 hours ago, Gupti said:

Didn’t they say that “The brown remained unchanged”?

19 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

Correct. The brown didn't change but the orange for oranger...

The brown was unchanged in the most recent uniform change.  But it was darkened fairly significantly a couple years before that.

Jags went White over Teal today and even though there are zero teal accents (save for the Nike swoosh on the sleeves) on the jersey, it should not work in any way, but I actually really like the look.DnzFO_hWsAEbZWE.jpg:large

Agreed. Having some teal in there instead of being a black and white team makes them look much better.

Watching Sunday Night Football I think Detroit could use a white stroke on their numbers. The blue and gray are too close tonally and it makes the numbers somewhat muddy and hard to read from a distance.

D6TTwL3.png

1 hour ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Agreed. Having some teal in there instead of being a black and white team makes them look much better.

Watching Sunday Night Football I think Detroit could use a white stroke on their numbers. The blue and gray are too close tonally and it makes the numbers somewhat muddy and hard to read from a distance.

D6TTwL3.png

Looks great. Can you also make the blue in the stripping patern white? This would go along with the blue-white-blue logo way better...

wtvPHts.png

Not to make this a concept thread but once I added white to the numbers I felt like it had to be applied consistently across the board. The template is an incomplete work-in-progress. Facemask would be blue and the helmet striping would match the pants, with the WCF moved to the white "neck protector" on the back of the helmet. Couldn't find the current Lions number font so used the old style.

On 9/23/2018 at 5:03 PM, WBeltz said:

Jags went White over Teal today and even though there are zero teal accents (save for the Nike swoosh on the sleeves) on the jersey, it should not work in any way, but I actually really like the look.DnzFO_hWsAEbZWE.jpg:large

I loved how the Jags looked (simplicity aside), but the matchup with the Titans was a hot mess. Another reason I hate the Titans new look.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 9/23/2018 at 7:03 PM, WBeltz said:

The elements don't work in isolation.  Especially the black-and-white jersey.  But taken together, they're much more than the sum of their parts. 

As a uniform, it's really great.  So long as they keep pairing a white jersey with teal pants or vice versa.

Archived