NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buried in the NYT article about Nike/Kaepernick’s relationship:

The two sides announced a 10-year extension of the deal in March, but after 2020, Nike will only produce clothing worn on the field. It will no longer produce NFL merchandise sold to consumers. That meant the NFL, already a small slice of Nike’s business, was going to shrink further.

On 9/16/2018 at 7:45 PM, hormone said:

You know who else worked hard? The guy from the chiefs who became a doctor. He got MD denied on his nameplate and I think becoming a doctor is a lot harder than becoming a father and naming your kid the same name. Lol. I’m just in the camp that the suffix is unnecessary clutter and my uniform ocd kicks in seeing the surname appear off center 

Why would that be on his nameplate? The fact that he's also a doctor isn't doesn't mean "MD" is actually part of your last name

And also wouldn't it make you seem like a bit of a jerk? It's like that person who requests you call him Dr. John Jones instead of just John

52 minutes ago, hormone said:

Watching bears bucs and bears have Robinson II. What’s the difference between II or Jr?

If you're II then you were Jr but you named your child the same as you and your father, making your dad the first of his name, you the second of your name and your child the third of his name. It's like royalty

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

Or if it skips any generations:

John Andrew Smith,

names his son James Thomas Smith,

who names his son John Andrew Smith II.

At that point, the next John Andrew Smith in the family will be a III, regardess of whether he's II's son or the name skips another several generations.

And yeah, you need the middle names to line up as well for either "Jr" or "II" to come into play.  The Ken Griffeys were George Kenneth Griffey Sr. and George Kenneth Griffey Jr

1 hour ago, seasaltvanilla said:

I think it's partly personal preference as well.

The Lions' all gray look is horrendous.

Not a fan of their Color Rush, but what makes this matchup horrible is the pairing of grey and white. Should have AT LEAST gone with this ...

gettyimages-893933624-1.jpg?w=1000&h=600

Cowboys-blue_inside.Thanksgiving.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

^Yeah, I think we all spy an early favorite for Infrared's next Best/Worst list...

...And it's about time some team somewhere made a metallic their primary color. Why not New Orleans? (I know, Raiders' silver and black...but still). That particular brassy shade of gold and white, with black trim, would be sharp. Just mate a gold jersey to those with white numbers/black trim and let it be.*

(Though I'd personally be in favor of a white helmet with gold fleur-de-lis logo...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived