NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, tjs11 said:

I disagree. I think there might be 2 one color versions to be used in different cases. Things like youtube videos, social media photos: outlines are white because there it makes sense to see through the negative space. Everyone here is saying that they should use the same application on the wall art? Well then 90% of the logo would be painted drywall with 1 inch metal outlines. Different applications, different versions. 

correct, there are 2 versions— one is to be used on dark colors, the other on light. the goal is to make the dark/light areas in the color logo consistent in every application. otherwise, you get a ghosted or negative logo which is wrong.

i went ahead and looked up their logos from our files. they do have both correct versions available, the lockerroom is just either a mistake or someone selecting the wrong logo. and to echo some other comments, its not that big of a deal to apply the correct one in this instance. having less metal is certainly the better option than having the negative logo

vARbibQ.png

there are multiple ways of using the correct logo though, its not like the only option is to completley mill out a peice of aluminium. you could cut it on a C&C that would route out the details or paint them black in appropriate (positive) areas. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

11 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

Why the Lions didn’t simply make the alternate silver is beyond me. Silver/dark gray/dark gray is a bad look, and so is silver/dark gray/Honolulu blue. Silver/silver/Honolulu blue, on the other hand...

Given the current state of "silver" in Nike uniforms, this would be less of an upgrade than my suggestion for their color rush set-- a bonfire.

11 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

Why the Lions didn’t simply make the alternate silver is beyond me. Silver/dark gray/dark gray is a bad look, and so is silver/dark gray/Honolulu blue. Silver/silver/Honolulu blue, on the other hand...

That'd be perfect. I hate how disliked grey uniforms are, as I think the color actually could look terrific. The only reason they turn out poorly is that teams who don't use grey in their color schemes have a grey alternate, or they make the color too dark, "anthracite". The Lions would finally buck this trend with a silver jersey.

On 10/6/2018 at 1:07 PM, AndrewMLind said:

You think matching the jersey to the current home/road pants would be a bonfire? Interesting. 

I'm saying Nike "silver" looks like :censored:, and the all "silver" would like look :censored: regardless of the shade.

On 9/30/2018 at 3:57 PM, seasaltvanilla said:

I think it's partly personal preference as well.

The Lions' all gray look is horrendous.

Nope. I think the Lions all grey looks great. I'd put a blue stripe down the pants but it still looks good and fresh. The redesign as a whole is outstanding. 

They join Miami, Minnesota, and Seattle as very well done redesigns imo.

The purple pants return for the Ravens. They need to keep these...make this the primary road look. The emphasis on purple works really well for them.

That other team on the other hand.....

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The black over teal isn't working nearly as well as I thought it would.  The flat teal just looks too dark against the black.  Really needs gold and/or white striping.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I thought the Jaguars looked great in black helmets, black jerseys and teal pants (which I wouldn’t consider yoga pants, since they were worn over black socks). It’s a unique look because of the color, and I really like the minimalist design. Could use a splash of gold here and there, but I’m not sure the look would improve with number outlines or a pants stripe. I’d rather there be an emphasis on teal than gold any day of the week anyways.

29 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

I thought the Jaguars looked great in black helmets, black jerseys and teal pants (which I wouldn’t consider yoga pants, since they were worn over black socks). It’s a unique look because of the color, and I really like the minimalist design. Could use a splash of gold here and there, but I’m not sure the look would improve with number outlines or a pants stripe. I’d rather there be an emphasis on teal than gold any day of the week anyways.

Jacksonville Jaguars v Dallas Cowboys : News Photo

Jacksonville Jaguars v Dallas Cowboys : News Photo

NFL: OCT 14 Jaguars at Cowboys : News Photo

I like how the gold is restricted to the jag on the helmet. Makes the logo stand out even more. No need to clutter the look with more gold. Very smooth look overall.

Helmets should be satin or matte.  Really clashes in that last photo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived