NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

On 1/25/2018 at 1:27 PM, Ben in LA said:

Off-topic (kinda)...but the Colts have been in Indianapolis longer than they were in Baltimore. Just saying.

On 1/25/2018 at 5:38 PM, jc... said:

We are only a few years away from Joe Buck & Troy Aikman working together longer than Pat Summerall & John Madden. 

tumblr_orfir9aJ2z1urs778o1_400.gif

XM4KeeA.png

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, BeardedFool said:

While we're throwing out shell guesses for the titans, I think they could stay white but add a subtle marble pattern to it.  That's drastic, eh?stone-floor-texture_1194-8986.jpg

oh my god, yes.

i've never considered that before, but i f-ing love it.

It’s a wonderful idea and would look great on a demo helmet, but I think that it would just look like a cracked shell in action. Might not even be allowed because cracks, rare as they are, might not be instantly noticeable. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

25 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

It’s a wonderful idea and would look great on a demo helmet, but I think that it would just look like a cracked shell in action. Might not even be allowed because cracks, rare as they are, might not be instantly noticeable. 

My thought was that it would just looked dirty and scuffed from a distance. However, I could absolutely see them using this sort of “marble column” reasoning in their Nikespeak to justify busting out the matte white.

4 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Great point

I wonder if Riddell runs with this and makes some sort of custom mini in that style.

It's where I sit.

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Welp, guess midnight green isn’t going anywhere, in 2018 or any time in the near future. 

This was my exact thought. As happy as I was to see the patriots loose, I couldn’t help but feel this was a serious blow to the return of Kelly green.

Yea, the midnight green should stay, I was on the fence about kelly green returning, as I like the midnight green too.

The eagles should keep everything the same for now, tho if the 1 helmet rule ever gets dropped then yes I would like a kelly green alternate.

It's possible that if not for the one-helmet rule, we'd be a year or two away from kelly green returning, since they said they want to test it out for a season or two before committing.  Not sure if this changes that, but it's not even worth discussing until / unless the helmet rule changes.  They simply don't believe in making wholesale changes all at once without having the chance to test / phase it in.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Welp, guess midnight green isn’t going anywhere, in 2018 or any time in the near future. 

And nothing wrong with that.  I always liked the Eagles in the midnight green, they look fantastic with those colors.  I know the majority wants kelly green back and that's fine, but personally I am growing into the midnight green colors the Eagles are wearing.  IMO, I still believe the Jets should be the team wearing kelly green like they did from 1978 through 1997 (being slightly modified beginning in 1990).  That is one of the best and nicest uniforms of any NFL team in any era, never understood why they went back to the original dark green 1960s style look.

So do the champs wear the SB patch on their jerseys on opening day, or is it a special "champions" patch, or nothing at all?  Asking for a friend.

25 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

So do the champs wear the SB patch on their jerseys on opening day, or is it a special "champions" patch, or nothing at all?  Asking for a friend.

Piggybacking off of this, do teams normally release more jerseys for sale with the Super Bowl patch after they win? Or do they just sell through the initial stock that was produced before the game? Also asking for a friend.

20 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

usually it's been a special Champions patch if the team opts to do it at all.  considering the 58 year drought and first Super Bowl for the Eagles....they'll be doing something special

20 hours ago, orangefaniniowa said:

And nothing wrong with that.  I always liked the Eagles in the midnight green, they look fantastic with those colors.  I know the majority wants kelly green back and that's fine, but personally I am growing into the midnight green colors the Eagles are wearing.  IMO, I still believe the Jets should be the team wearing kelly green like they did from 1978 through 1997 (being slightly modified beginning in 1990).  That is one of the best and nicest uniforms of any NFL team in any era, never understood why they went back to the original dark green 1960s style look.

The style was the same, but the color was new.  The Jets wore kelly green in the 60s and 70s.

jets-versus-patroits-1967-joe-namth.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

* NOT INTENDED AS A THREADJACK *

To follow my prior post, I'm pretty sure the Jets wore what we would call kelly green.  They at least wore a lighter shade of green than they wear today.  However, in looking for pictures, I found multiple variations of the same pictures that look like completely different shades of green.  This just shows how unreliable photos can be sometimes.

jets-versus-patroits-1967-joe-namth.jpg67632a_lg.jpeg

1969-0120-Super-Bowl-III-Joe-Namath-0062namath.jpg&w=700&q=85superbowl11.jpg

61-ex0voYrL.jpgjoe-namath-in-his-signature-fur-coat-phoNew-York-Jets-1968.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The green is still green in those photos. No matter the shade, it’s always looked green. What the Jets wear today don’t look green all the time. They look brown.

I think a darker shade of green fits better for the Jets than Kelly but I just want them to look GREEN AGAIN! It’s not hard! There’s no reason why this is taking so long! Does no one in that organization who handles the uniforms notice this? It’s been 6 years since Nike took over and the Jets haven’t looked good since, FIX IT DAMNIT!

Just use the color rush jerseys but with white sleeves. There! The job is done! 

XM4KeeA.png

1 hour ago, insert name said:

The green is still green in those photos. No matter the shade, it’s always looked green. What the Jets wear today don’t look green all the time. They look brown.

I think a darker shade of green fits better for the Jets than Kelly but I just want them to look GREEN AGAIN! It’s not hard! There’s no reason why this is taking so long! Does no one in that organization who handles the uniforms notice this? It’s been 6 years since Nike took over and the Jets haven’t looked good since, FIX IT DAMNIT!

Just use the color rush jerseys but with white sleeves. There! The job is done! 

And do you really believe Reebok did any better with the Jets green?  Doubtful. 

Related image

Gotta love the pea soup colors.  (Sarcasm).

On 2/5/2018 at 7:26 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

It's possible that if not for the one-helmet rule, we'd be a year or two away from kelly green returning, since they said they want to test it out for a season or two before committing.  Not sure if this changes that, but it's not even worth discussing until / unless the helmet rule changes.  They simply don't believe in making wholesale changes all at once without having the chance to test / phase it in.

Which, to be fair, shows a lot more restraint. Yes, that means that Midnight Green is probably staying for the foreseeable future, but credit where credit is due.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Archived