NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

13 hours ago, WavePunter said:

Hydroskin is a film that is floated on top of water, then sprayed with an "activator" chemical, then the helmet is dipped into the water, and the film "wraps" the helmet.. The best analogies I can think of are those temporary film tattoos that kids like to put on their arms and faces

so they do that instead of spraying a clear coat on top of the helmet? and they're able to control the level of gloss as well?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

so they do that instead of spraying a clear coat on top of the helmet? and they're able to control the level of gloss as well?

I think theoretically you could, and would want to seal the graphic with some sort of clear coat. I don’t know a ton about the process, but I think it’s more likely that the glossiness of the finish is *determined* by the type of clear coat applied. From what I understand, the possibilities of the water application process are quite broad. Not only are graphics possible, but I think Norte Dame’s gilded gold finish is a water application as well. I’m not sure how they achieve the color or the beautiful pitted texture, but it’s great.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

2 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

I think theoretically you could, and would want to seal the graphic with some sort of clear coat. I don’t know a ton about the process, but I think it’s more likely that the glossiness of the finish is *determined* by the type of clear coat applied. From what I understand, the possibilities of the water application process are quite broad. Not only are graphics possible, but I think Norte Dame’s gilded gold finish is a water application as well. I’m not sure how they achieve the color or the beautiful pitted texture, but it’s great.

ND would be a great one to read up on again, i cant recall how that was done exaclty either. i did find this though: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/32932640996112186/

"All Notre Dame helmets finished by HGI all have 23.9k gold from the dome on the main building built into the finish. This gold was collected in 2005 from the dome in it's most recent of 10 regildings dating back to 1886."

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

6 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

Yeah, I'd imagine it's sealed and protected with a few layers of clear coat.. Also, my guess would be that ND's gold helmet process is similar to a chrome finish.. If I had to take a shot in the dark, I'd say the actual gold from the dome might be mixed into the clear coat and applied on top of a gold chrome-ish helmet, which could possibly help explain the textured "pitted" look

3 hours ago, WavePunter said:

Yeah, I'd imagine it's sealed and protected with a few layers of clear coat.. Also, my guess would be that ND's gold helmet process is similar to a chrome finish.. If I had to take a shot in the dark, I'd say the actual gold from the dome might be mixed into the clear coat and applied on top of a gold chrome-ish helmet, which could possibly help explain the textured "pitted" look

That would make sense. It does have a chrome like reflectivity to it, but is much more saturated in color than most chrome finishes.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

This article on the Dolphins' changes makes them sound more substantial than I expected them to be: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article200401269.html

The source said the changes to the regular uniform will be an “evolution rather than a revolution,” from the current uniform that employs aqua, orange, blue and white as the team’s color palette.

The change is expected to affect the team’s jersey, pants, and helmet, although not in a manner that will be shocking to fans.

The team’s logo itself — with a Dolphins jumping through an orange and white sunburst — is not expected to undergo radical change.

23 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

This article on the Dolphins' changes makes them sound more substantial than I expected them to be: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article200401269.html

My best guess would be the orange being altered. Both in shade and prominence. That would make sense with the logo, helmet, jersey and pants being altered, while also "not being shocking to fans".

15 minutes ago, Rocky Raccoon said:

My best guess would be the orange being altered. Both in shade and prominence. That would make sense with the logo, helmet, jersey and pants being altered, while also "not being shocking to fans".

My thoughts exactly.. Widening the orange portion of the striping pattern by about 50% would significantly increase its visual prominence, and adjusting the saturation a bit (not too much) would help as well..

6 minutes ago, Teal said:

Wait, what?? Miami is gettingbw new set too?!

Yeah, they're dropping teal for black. Sorry dude. :)

I wonder if they're adding a helmet to the dolphin and shoulder stripes to the jersey to make them more like the beloved throwbacks.

5 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Yeah, they're dropping teal for black. Sorry dude. :)

I wonder if they're adding a helmet to the dolphin and shoulder stripes to the jersey to make them more like the beloved throwbacks.

Aqua* ;)

Jaguars

Regarding the 49ers' new pants, it strikes me that since the rumor is that they aren't getting a full throwback, the most likely option is for them to get white pants so they can go white-over-white. That might not be such a bad look, and is certainly preferable to red pants as part of any uniform.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

10 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

Regarding the 49ers' new pants, it strikes me that since the rumor is that they aren't getting a full throwback, the most likely option is for them to get white pants so they can go white-over-white. That might not be such a bad look, and is certainly preferable to red pants as part of any uniform.

Yeah but white pants with two red stripes, with a jersey with two red stripes, is gonna be all kinds of Big10.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived