NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Rocky Raccoon said:

My best guess would be the orange being altered. Both in shade and prominence. That would make sense with the logo, helmet, jersey and pants being altered, while also "not being shocking to fans".

I hope they darken the aqua/teal a bit... The current color looks like neon powderpuff aqua on TV most of the time, especially in certain lighting. The teal from their throwbacks works much better on TV.

9 hours ago, alecgoff said:

If the Dolphins really insist that they don't want to go with the throwbacks.efwrdvafegwrbfvasfegwbfsvafwgf.jpg

That's orange, right? It's the correct way to go for sure, but that color appears darker on my screen, for some reason.

The overly abundant navy outlines need to be toned down a bit. They need to feature teal and orange primarily, with navy accents kept to a minimal. That concept looks a lot more like the classic Miami Dolphins without having to revert to an old, somewhat outdated look.

On 2/13/2018 at 1:09 PM, Pizzaman7294 said:

20140808_ads_av1_202.JPG.0_cinema_1050.0

Is this what you mean?

This didnt loook so bad on the Revo Speed helmets, and I imagine it was designed with that helmet model and it’s grooves in mind (it was first introduced within a season or two of those uniforms). That said, it looked like crap on every other helmet model (as seen above). 

Also, the only tweak the Dolphins need to make are the numbers. One solid orange outline on a block font will do. 

On 2/16/2018 at 11:43 AM, alecgoff said:

If the Dolphins really insist that they don't want to go with the throwbacks.efwrdvafegwrbfvasfegwbfsvafwgf.jpg

Being a Dolphins fan. I will say I love these and the idea of leaving the sleeve stripes to the throwbacks. If all they did was these tweaks, return to an aqua facemask, and replace the navy in the pants and helmet stripe with more orange I would be quite happy.

1 hour ago, nino21220 said:

dolphins-fail_zpsp51osjs8.gif

No. The Dolphins don't need GFGS, and animal mascots don't need to be the color of the real animal. Plus the gray gets lost on the white.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, nino21220 said:

I'm surprised by how much I like this. I don't know if it's better than just aqua and orange, but this is an interesting change that makes sense. 

spacer.png

4 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Am I the only guy who thinks that this helmet should have been given the time of day for an ultra-modern redesign?

871.gif

I prefer the traditional white helmet, but this would have been a good way to mix things up.

Dan Marino and John Elway only met twice in their regular season careers - 1984 & 1998. What perfect uniform juxtaposition that would have made... Elway in a young man's clothes was jarring enough without Marino to match.

Archived