NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/22/2018 at 2:19 PM, Sharpir0 said:

Wouldn't mind seeing the white pants with the home uni's on the odd occasion either. gives it that '94 look 

akt5xaR.jpg

Would gold between the two red stripes on the pants make it better? Or would it better to leave it as is to match the helmet stripe?

Go A's!

On 2/22/2018 at 4:19 PM, Sharpir0 said:

Wouldn't mind seeing the white pants with the home uni's on the odd occasion either. gives it that '94 look 

akt5xaR.jpg

The Arizona Cardinals looked GREAT back then!!

06-tillman-tackles-emmitt.jpg?w=707

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

If the Niners have to wear white pants, this is the way to do it. It shows off gold outside of the helmet, for a more cohesive look. 

This would work if they only plan on wearing the white pants with their red jersey. These pants with their white jersey would look odd. 

30 minutes ago, FSUViking said:

Are the Rams going to be another disaster for 2018? Maybe wear the blue/yellow more or stay mostly with the ugly white combo(s)?

I think a complete re-brand is coming in 2019. 

Jaguars

I didn't have a problem with the Rams wearing white-only for home games, but I hate how they just disposed of the gold on their helmets, pants, logo, and field. Why couldn't they just wait to make changes until the rebrand actually comes? Now we have helmets/pants and jerseys that don't even match. It looks even worse when they're wearing navy.

5 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I didn't have a problem with the Rams wearing white-only for home games, but I hate how they just disposed of the gold on their helmets, pants, logo, and field. Why couldn't they just wait to make changes until the rebrand actually comes? Now we have helmets/pants and jerseys that don't even match. It looks even worse when they're wearing navy.

You’re preaching to the choir, I don’t think I’ve seen a single person enjoy or understand why/how they made the change.

6 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

While we're discussing the 49ers, does anybody else think it's dumb to repeat the helmet logo on the front bumper?

temp082817-Foster-Gall--nfl_mezz_1280_10

It's already on the sides in a larger version... do we need to see a tiny version just a few inches away?

No. The maximum number of times any particular logo should appear on a uniform is two.

3 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

If the Niners have to wear white pants, this is the way to do it. It shows off gold outside of the helmet, for a more cohesive look. 

This actually looks less cohesive to me. What makes the 49ers’ look work is that the stripes are always red and white, while gold is only used as a ground color.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

2 hours ago, Weapon X said:

You’re preaching to the choir, I don’t think I’ve seen a single person enjoy or understand why/how they made the change.

Understand? Yes. Support? Heck no.

If the Niners are breaking "tradition" and messing with the sleeve stripes/pants I think they should tie the whole thing together the same way that Florida does it. Maintain the gold/red/white/red/gold stripe pattern throughout the set regardless of the background color that it sits on.  It would even make, dare I say it, a black alt palatable if gold was incorporated at least a little bit.  My apologies for the crudeness of the mock-up, I have no idea what I'm doing with vectors(?), just downloaded a program to see if what was in my head made sense on paper/screen!

kwi7AvN.png

Archived