NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

4 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

So it IS a possibility that we’ll see the Rams with the throwback helmet, Color Rush jersey, and white pants? Outstanding.

Step 0.5 is for the Rams to actually want it. We don't know that they do.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Step 0.5 is for the Rams to actually want it. We don't know that they do.

Hopefully someone convinces them to at least TRY. I mean, they DID win a championship in a similar uniform; maybe lighting can strike twice?

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

I don't know if this would be the right move until I could actually see it on a helmet, but maybe the 9ers would benefit from using the color shift masks USC uses. You know, the ones that are gray with a slight golden hue....

MaxBrowne_2014_0.jpg?itok=d5Iqodg-

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

On 3/3/2018 at 2:31 PM, DanParker said:

The really big news out of this though is that the NFL will allow pieces from these Color Rush sets to be mixed and matched throughout the season. Get ready to see Teams like the Packers, Patriots, Steelers, and Niners wear white pants with their home look, or teams like the Broncos and Browns blending their Color Rush uniforms with white pants. And the most trivial but probably first noticeable change is that white socks are no longer mandatory as long as the team is wearing the same color socks.

I played around with this on Madden 18, the teams that look the best when you mix and match (IMO):

Bills: Best is White Helmet/Red Jersey/White Pants w/Red Socks

Bears: Blue Helmet w/white "C" & White Pants/Jerseys

Seahawks: Blue Helmet/Green Jersey/Blue Pants (frankly the green jerseys are hard but this is the best out of the options)

Cowboys: Sliver/Blue/White/Blue (per mentioned above)

Giants: Blue w/GIANTS/Blue/White

Dolphins: White/Orange/White/Orange 

Lions: Silver/Silver/Blue/Silver (similar to Seattle in appeal)

Colts: White/White/Blue/White (Throwback to 90's road look?)

Ravens: Black/Purple w/gold #'s & names/White/Purple OR Black/White/Purple/Black OR Black/Purple w/gold #'s & names/Gold/Purple

2 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

davidharrisjpg-01f51fae021216cf.jpg

I guess the Jets sleeve helps with the weighting issues.

It helps, but this still looks bad to me.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I agree.  In theory, I would think this should be a nice look, but in reality it just looks wrong.

Big points for the socks, though.

Would white shoes help even the look out?

24 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

This one always seemed off.

kicker-bill-gramatica-of-the-arizona-car

I think for me its the lack of color on the jersey in general. Sure you have the flag and the sleeve stripes but otherwise you have nothing else that melds the look together.

So is the general consensus that teams with white helmets shouldn’t wear coloured pants on the road? Or Is it just that the jersey needs a good amount of colour to make the pants look more cohesive? Eg. Titans white jersey with columbia yoke paired with columbia pants. 

In addition to the Titans example, I’ve always prefered the Dolphins, Bills, Jets, and Chargers with their coloured pants compared to their all white looks. 

White-White-Color is fine in most cases, but like everything, it depends, and there's no hard rule.

Of the looks posted above, only the Colts looks off to me.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 hours ago, Gobbi said:

In addition to the Titans example, I’ve always prefered the Dolphins, Bills, Jets, and Chargers with their coloured pants compared to their all white looks. 

I'd add the Browns to that list. I know they have the worst uniforms in the league. But the orange and brown pants getting mixed in actually makes them tolerable for me. Unfortunately it looks like we'll never see them again.

Side note: Part of me was hoping that some of the new Color Rush designs would be used as a testing ground for future uniforms. Something like the NHL did with third jerseys when they were first released. See how people react, and if positive mesh them into the teams full-time looks. Broncos, Patriots, Bengals, Saints, Chargers, Giants and Rams would be my choices. 

17 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

I'd add the Browns to that list. I know they have the worst uniforms in the league. But the orange and brown pants getting mixed in actually makes them tolerable for me. Unfortunately it looks like we'll never see them again.

Side note: Part of me was hoping that some of the new Color Rush designs would be used as a testing ground for future uniforms. Something like the NHL did with third jerseys when they were first released. See how people react, and if positive mesh them into the teams full-time looks. Broncos, Patriots, Bengals, Saints, Chargers, Giants and Rams would be my choices. 

The Browns are on a different list though, as the teams listed all had white helmets.

But agreed on your thoughts on Color Rush.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

16 hours ago, Gobbi said:

So is the general consensus that teams with white helmets shouldn’t wear coloured pants on the road? Or Is it just that the jersey needs a good amount of colour to make the pants look more cohesive? Eg. Titans white jersey with columbia yoke paired with columbia pants. 

Correct; from a balance perspective, white over white over dark typically does not work.  As others have said, there are exceptions, mainly when the sleeves (or yoke, in the Titans' case) give the jersey balance to the dark pant color.  Otherwise, it's a very bottom heavy look.

I love white helmets, but prefer them to always have white pants, with either dark or white jerseys.

Example - imagine Penn State with their helmet, white jerseys...and Navy pants.  It doesn't work.  Imagine their Navy jerseys over Navy pants, with the White helmet...also doesn't work.

Again there are exceptions, but as a rule of thumb, I avoid it.

On 3/3/2018 at 3:31 PM, DanParker said:

I have more information that will come to light very soon and hopefully provide me with credibility here moving forward. For the NFL’s Color Rush, each team will have two options to wear on Thursday Night Football in a solid color and a white color set in the case of clashes. You’ve already seen the Patriots add white pants and guessed the Niners will as well, but the Steelers are also getting white pants and several teams are adding alternate white pants as well.

The really big news out of this though is that the NFL will allow pieces from these Color Rush sets to be mixed and matched throughout the season. Get ready to see Teams like the Packers, Patriots, Steelers, and Niners wear white pants with their home look, or teams like the Broncos and Browns blending their Color Rush uniforms with white pants. And the most trivial but probably first noticeable change is that white socks are no longer mandatory as long as the team is wearing the same color socks.

theres literally nothing new in this post. all of it has already been done; every team has had a white CR option from the beginning- the uniforms were made before the schedule can out the first year

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Earlier I was looking at the Jags possibly leaked uniforms with the Jaguar head patch and wondered if every team had something on their jerseys that made you know it was theirs. IE a wordmark or logo. I then realized that the  Raiders, Bears, Packers, Colts, Chiefs and Cowboys whites do not have any logo or wordmark on them. I know each of these teams have a pretty strong brand but I think that they should each incorporate either a jersey patch or wordmark somewhere on their jerseys. It doesn't have to be huge a subtle patch or wordmark right above or to the right of the numbers would do just fine. I think if the NFL is to reach global notoriety it needs to do this as it is the only sport that not every jersey does not have a logo, team or city name, or crest of somesort.

17 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

Earlier I was looking at the Jags possibly leaked uniforms with the Jaguar head patch and wondered if every team had something on their jerseys that made you know it was theirs. IE a wordmark or logo. I then realized that the  Raiders, Bears, Packers, Colts, Chiefs and Cowboys whites do not have any logo or wordmark on them. I know each of these teams have a pretty strong brand but I think that they should each incorporate either a jersey patch or wordmark somewhere on their jerseys. It doesn't have to be huge a subtle patch or wordmark right above or to the right of the numbers would do just fine. I think if the NFL is to reach global notoriety it needs to do this as it is the only sport that not every jersey does not have a logo, team or city name, or crest of somesort.

If somebody doesn't recognize a Raiders jersey, a wordmark or logo won't help them. 

Archived