NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

1 hour ago, Mitch B said:

That's a fine football uniform.  I might match the jersey stripes with the pants, but it's a fine uniform.

Agreed. Something about the all white look makes the orange and brown equally complimentary. 

The Bills and Chiefs also look great for the same reason in their all-white look imo. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Fortunately, they came to their senses. 

6 hours ago, DouglasQuaid said:

Exactly. IMO there shouldn't be any word marks on the uniforms other than the helmet bumber.

Man do I disagree with you both. IDK why, but I always considered the front wordmark to look more professional. Or at the very least, a chest logo à la the Steelers. 

I really liked what the Saints did in ‘06 with the patch on the front of their jerseys. 

SAI-0621301-H.jpg

reggie-bush-of-the-new-orleans-saints-ca

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

7 hours ago, Pauly said:

It's been a while,about maybe about 35 years but the Bears used to wear all white on the road and looked pretty damn good in those uni's.

220px-Brian_Urlacher_2009.jpg

This was worn quite a bit in the 2000s. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

13 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Another seldom seen all-white;

f3365110-77c9-484a-e46e-5fc3b6a2dff4-Vik

I think this was the only time with the new set, wasn’t it? 

It’s funny, this game looks like a precursor to Color Rush now..

14 hours ago, BrandoCalri55ian said:

I always thought this was the Browns all time best look. Not a Browns fan either. 

cle-12-allwhite-jaytalbott-620x930.jpg

This is all the Browns should ever wear, honestly. 

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

220px-Brian_Urlacher_2009.jpg

This was worn quite a bit in the 2000s. 

I'd scream in ecstasy if the Bears ever wore white-on-white again.  I don't know why they've been so gung-ho on wearing the navy pants on the road for the last 12-odd years.  Disappointing. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1 hour ago, lbj273 said:

All white is the traditional Vikings look and I wish they would go back to it

I miss the UCLA stripes on the white look. Gave the Vikes a unique wrinkle from their two jerseys. 

As a Niners fan I could go the rest of my life without seeing the BFBS garbage ever again and is the opposite of what the Niners should ever wear. 

As a viking fan I love the purple pants but I do miss the old all white UCLA striped uniforms. I made a concept back in January where I solved this problem by making the color rush uniforms throwbacks to the all white. I think that would work better because I don't like the vikings current color rush. The yellow numbers look bad IMO.

47 minutes ago, CS85 said:

I'd scream in ecstasy if the Bears ever wore white-on-white again.  I don't know why they've been so gung-ho on wearing the navy pants on the road for the last 12-odd years.  Disappointing. 

12 odd years? It's been pretty much since 1984...

9 minutes ago, dirwuf said:

12 odd years? It's been pretty much since 1984...

I'll clarify.  From probably 2000-2004 (Jauron era) the Bears wore white-on-white as their road primaries.  The navy pants were but a memory.

After Lovie's hiring, the Bears wore white-on-white sporadically on the road, going 70-30 with the navy pants getting featured way more.  Since roughly 2007, the Bears haven't worn white on white a single time that I can remember.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

22 minutes ago, CS85 said:

I'll clarify.  From probably 2000-2004 (Jauron era) the Bears wore white-on-white as their road primaries.  The navy pants were but a memory.

After Lovie's hiring, the Bears wore white-on-white sporadically on the road, going 70-30 with the navy pants getting featured way more.  Since roughly 2007, the Bears haven't worn white on white a single time that I can remember.

They've worn white-on-white a couple times since 2007 (and almost exclusively white-on-white on the road in 2008)...but your point is still valid that navy pants have been the choice way more often than not in the last 7 or 8 years.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, CS85 said:

I counter that look with this one: 

7e32368b58088148983f1b8e540f0712_crop_ex

But I prefer this look on the road: 

quarterback-tim-couch-of-the-cleveland-b

and this at home: 

e2d68cda9ea7f921b66e4aafbfdd13f5.jpg

spacer.png

Archived