msubulldog

34 minutes ago, nuordr said:

I counter that look with this one: 

7e32368b58088148983f1b8e540f0712_crop_ex

But I prefer this look on the road: 

quarterback-tim-couch-of-the-cleveland-b

and this at home: 

e2d68cda9ea7f921b66e4aafbfdd13f5.jpg

It’s not a bad look with the whites, but orange and brown is getting close to that line of wearing two different dark colors for your jersey and pants, which looks ultra cheap and low-level. It’s especially undesirable in this case because the jersey is more brown/white than it is brown/orange.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, nuordr said:

I counter that look with this one: 

7e32368b58088148983f1b8e540f0712_crop_ex

But I prefer this look on the road: 

quarterback-tim-couch-of-the-cleveland-b

and this at home: 

e2d68cda9ea7f921b66e4aafbfdd13f5.jpg

Looking at these I am reminded that I really like the lighter, less intense orange so much better.  There is a classic, 1950's feel to it that I think really works for the Browns.  They are not a flashy, X-treme 1990's team, they are a died-in-the-wool, old school, blue collar team and that works so much better with the more muted colors like in the Sipe picture. 

Think we'll see Seattle change their uniforms in the near future? If they're moving on from the LOB era players, it's not farfetched to think they would change up their look too? Unless that Super Bowl win extended it's life, I think they'll keep the current unis as long as Russell Wilson is a Seahawk.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

6 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Think we'll see Seattle change their uniforms in the near future? If they're moving on from the LOB era players, it's not farfetched to think they would change up their look too? Unless that Super Bowl win extended it's life, I think they'll keep the current unis...

I think the following Super Bowl LOSS shortened their life...brutal.

4 hours ago, WideRight said:

Looking at these I am reminded that I really like the lighter, less intense orange so much better.  There is a classic, 1950's feel to it that I think really works for the Browns.  They are not a flashy, X-treme 1990's team, they are a died-in-the-wool, old school, blue collar team and that works so much better with the more muted colors like in the Sipe picture. 

Agreed and that's why I don't like the Browns in orange jerseys, the use of orange numbers on jerseys, and I really only like the use of orange pants sparingly.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

54 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Think we'll see Seattle change their uniforms in the near future? If they're moving on from the LOB era players, it's not farfetched to think they would change up their look too? Unless that Super Bowl win extended it's life, I think they'll keep the current unis as long as Russell Wilson is a Seahawk.

I feel as though they've established enough of a brand with the current set that they're not gonna simply attach it to a couple of players and abandon it when those guys are done. Teams don't usually approach their uniforms like that and not every team is gonna be as wishy-washy as the Jags and Browns.

15 hours ago, WSU151 said:

220px-Brian_Urlacher_2009.jpg

This was worn quite a bit in the 2000s. 

I think the Bears white jerseys over dark pants is their best look, even better than their home uniforms.  The color distribution is just better IMO.  The white jerseys over dark pants looks really old school as well which suits the Bears.

On 3/5/2018 at 11:59 AM, C-Squared said:

I always felt like this look was too "bottom-heavy" and weighed the set down:

237350_display_image.jpg?1292470652

That look would work better with a blue helmet ... stupid 2 helmet rule.

1 hour ago, C-Squared said:

Definitely the shade of blue... maybe the red breaks it all up a bit? I never felt like the light blue yolk on the Titans white jersey felt top-heavy, though.

I don't know that I've ever heard of a look being "top-heavy", at least in a negative way.. I think top-heavy is typically the desired aesthetic, and generally looks "right"

YOKE not YOLK

yoke.png NOT egg_yolk.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yeah, it's literally a different word with a different meaning.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, duxrcool048 said:

Uh-oh it's the spelling police...

SPELLING.jpg

49 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

That’s not a spelling error.  

It’s a malapropism.  

B)

30 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Yeah, it's literally a different word with a different meaning.  

Also, spelling *is* important.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The real culprit here is the unnecessarily complicated and confusing English language.  Time to revisit simplification. 

Archived