Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, nuordr said:

I counter that look with this one: 

7e32368b58088148983f1b8e540f0712_crop_ex

 

But I prefer this look on the road: 

quarterback-tim-couch-of-the-cleveland-b

 

and this at home: 

e2d68cda9ea7f921b66e4aafbfdd13f5.jpg

 

It’s not a bad look with the whites, but orange and brown is getting close to that line of wearing two different dark colors for your jersey and pants, which looks ultra cheap and low-level. It’s especially undesirable in this case because the jersey is more brown/white than it is brown/orange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nuordr said:

I counter that look with this one: 

7e32368b58088148983f1b8e540f0712_crop_ex

 

But I prefer this look on the road: 

quarterback-tim-couch-of-the-cleveland-b

 

and this at home: 

e2d68cda9ea7f921b66e4aafbfdd13f5.jpg

 

Looking at these I am reminded that I really like the lighter, less intense orange so much better.  There is a classic, 1950's feel to it that I think really works for the Browns.  They are not a flashy, X-treme 1990's team, they are a died-in-the-wool, old school, blue collar team and that works so much better with the more muted colors like in the Sipe picture. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think we'll see Seattle change their uniforms in the near future? If they're moving on from the LOB era players, it's not farfetched to think they would change up their look too? Unless that Super Bowl win extended it's life, I think they'll keep the current unis as long as Russell Wilson is a Seahawk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Think we'll see Seattle change their uniforms in the near future? If they're moving on from the LOB era players, it's not farfetched to think they would change up their look too? Unless that Super Bowl win extended it's life, I think they'll keep the current unis...

I think the following Super Bowl LOSS shortened their life...brutal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WideRight said:

 

Looking at these I am reminded that I really like the lighter, less intense orange so much better.  There is a classic, 1950's feel to it that I think really works for the Browns.  They are not a flashy, X-treme 1990's team, they are a died-in-the-wool, old school, blue collar team and that works so much better with the more muted colors like in the Sipe picture. 

 

Agreed and that's why I don't like the Browns in orange jerseys, the use of orange numbers on jerseys, and I really only like the use of orange pants sparingly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Think we'll see Seattle change their uniforms in the near future? If they're moving on from the LOB era players, it's not farfetched to think they would change up their look too? Unless that Super Bowl win extended it's life, I think they'll keep the current unis as long as Russell Wilson is a Seahawk.

I feel as though they've established enough of a brand with the current set that they're not gonna simply attach it to a couple of players and abandon it when those guys are done. Teams don't usually approach their uniforms like that and not every team is gonna be as wishy-washy as the Jags and Browns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, WSU151 said:

220px-Brian_Urlacher_2009.jpg

 

This was worn quite a bit in the 2000s. 

 

I think the Bears white jerseys over dark pants is their best look, even better than their home uniforms.  The color distribution is just better IMO.  The white jerseys over dark pants looks really old school as well which suits the Bears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2018 at 11:59 AM, C-Squared said:

 

I always felt like this look was too "bottom-heavy" and weighed the set down:

 

237350_display_image.jpg?1292470652

 

That look would work better with a blue helmet ... stupid 2 helmet rule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nm, didn’t realize I was responding to a really old post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the other hand, the Houston Oilers uniform with blue pants looks great

 

oilers-bills-houston-celebrating-1.jpg

 

Maybe it's the shade of blue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely the shade of blue... maybe the red breaks it all up a bit? I never felt like the light blue yolk on the Titans white jersey felt top-heavy, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, C-Squared said:

Definitely the shade of blue... maybe the red breaks it all up a bit? I never felt like the light blue yolk on the Titans white jersey felt top-heavy, though.

I don't know that I've ever heard of a look being "top-heavy", at least in a negative way.. I think top-heavy is typically the desired aesthetic, and generally looks "right"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2018 at 10:18 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

YOKE not YOLK

 

yoke.png NOT egg_yolk.jpg

 

 

Uh-oh it's the spelling police...

 

SPELLING.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s not a spelling error.  

 

It’s a malapropism.  

 

B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, duxrcool048 said:

 

 

Uh-oh it's the spelling police...

 

SPELLING.jpg

 

49 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

That’s not a spelling error.  

 

It’s a malapropism.  

 

B)

 

30 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Yeah, it's literally a different word with a different meaning.  

 

Also, spelling *is* important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

giphy.gif

 

Ironically, I scold people in real life for yolk/yoke errors... evidently, yolk ranks higher in the iPhone autocorrect algorithm.

 

This is somehow the least belabored topic to hit this thread in weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The real culprit here is the unnecessarily complicated and confusing English language.  Time to revisit simplification. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now