NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

13 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/978730655260528640?s=21

Nike and the NFL are staying together through 2028. 

So 17 seasons makes it one of the longest league-wide jersey contracts in Big 4 sports history. Majestic's MLB deal might be longer (edit: nope, this is Majestic's 15th year of providing game jerseys, although they provided BP jerseys to MLBs since the 80s).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

Ugh. I was hoping UA would get a shot. I kinda wish everyone team had their own supplier still for some reason

They're all the same.  A lot of people couldn't wait for Nike to take over, then were all anti-Nike and couldn't wait for a new supplier.  UA gets it, they do the same exact crap that Nike does.

At the end of the game, it's pretty dumb to blame Nike, since the team owners are the one falling for their dumb marketing speak, and making the decisions.  They aren't even obligated to use Nike's design team (I'm pretty sure.)

NBA is a different story - Nike has a lot more pull there, and that league and its teams aren't very protective of their brands.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:27 AM, DeFrank said:

Random new pant options give me hope Washington makes what we all want finally a reality.

dt11gold2-copia.png

Better yet, the Redskins should just go entirely back to how they looked in the '90s, except wearing red at home. The yellow pants are inferior with both sets. Red over white and white over red.

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 11:29 AM, CS85 said:

I'll clarify.  From probably 2000-2004 (Jauron era) the Bears wore white-on-white as their road primaries.  The navy pants were but a memory.

After Lovie's hiring, the Bears wore white-on-white sporadically on the road, going 70-30 with the navy pants getting featured way more.  Since roughly 2007, the Bears haven't worn white on white a single time that I can remember.

The Bears wore white pants for Cutler's first game with the Bears, in Lambeau. Not sure how many times they were worn that year, but they haven't worn them since 2009. I personally love the blue pants on the road. Dark helmets matching pants color and white striped jerseys matching white striped socks is an incredible look, both for the Bears and Chiefs. The Vikings should get some striped white socks to join in on the fun.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

On 3/24/2018 at 8:36 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

The one thing that being a member of this board has taught me is you can't look at a random single photo and make any worthwhile assessment as to whether or not there has been a minor change in a uniform's color.

That and that stick work will injury you.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

15 minutes ago, TheOldRoman said:

Better yet, the Redskins should just go entirely back to how they looked in the '90s, except wearing red at home. The yellow pants are inferior with both sets. Red over white and white over red.

Nah, gotta have the burgundy over gold. They go so well together. The white pants are boring.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

The Bears are bringing back orange alts this year. 

Which orange jerseys though?

A. chi-05-11-orange-iconsmi-620x930.jpg

~OR~

B. kicker-jonathan-quinn-of-the-chicago-bea

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

9 minutes ago, JagAaron33 said:

It wouldn't be such a fight if he'd just switch the entire set back over to the kelly green.

Yes, but the one helmet rule is stupid and I'm glad at least one team is trying to fix it. Do away with that rule, add flexibility to the 5-year uniform change restrictions and the NFL would look a lot better. 

31 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Yes, but the one helmet rule is stupid and I'm glad at least one team is trying to fix it. Do away with that rule, add flexibility to the 5-year uniform change restrictions and the NFL would look a lot better. 

I disagree - those are the only two rules keeping the NFL from going full-on clown show. 

12 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I disagree - those are the only two rules keeping the NFL from going full-on clown show. 

Tell teams they are allowed to wear an alternate helmet twice during the regular season, but they must be worn with a color rush or throwback uniform. 

5-year rule is great. But when we have disasters like the Rams and Browns, something needs to be done. I don't think teams should have to wait that long just to make a small tweak.

14 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

The Super Bowl killed that possibility. 

In the near term, at least. Plenty of teams won Super Bowls and later switched to something else. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

7 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

5-year rule is great. But when we have disasters like the Rams and Browns, something needs to be done. I don't think teams should have to wait that long just to make a small tweak.

The Rams had the choice to change but deferred.  The Browns need far, far more than just "a small tweak".

Archived