NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

I think this is why NFL teams need to take a Ohio State / Oklahoma / Nebraska route with uniforms. A team can have a classic look, but try something different once or twice a year to sell more jerseys. Not that those are the best design examples, but the idea behind is smarter than trying to fix a classic look that isn't broken.

Color Rush is a step in the right direction. But I think they can be a little bit more creative and flexible. As long as the uniform is only worn a few times a year.

Agreed! I think it's a wise branding strategy. Green Bay, Pittsburgh, New England, & Washington have rolled out a bunch of throwbacks/alternates without changing their main look in decades. Nobody seems to mind as much when teams bust out crazy alternates... teams like Houston, Buffalo, the Giants, etc. could keep their current look for a long time & work in some alternates instead.

1 hour ago, Around the Horn said:

Obviously the Jets aren't changing this year but I found it interesting that some players are publicly advocating for a switch.

I was pleased when the Jets and Giants both reintroduced their classic uniforms. While I hope that the Giants never go back to their 1980s style, I think it's time for the Jets to do so.

The Jets' wordmark is short enough to look good on the helmet. Also, it includes a design feature that alludes to the name. In these two respect, it is unlike the awkward Giants' wordmark, which always looked terrible on the helmet.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

15 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I was pleased when the Jets and Giants both reintroduced their classic uniforms. While I hope that the Giants never go back to their 1980s style, I think it's time for the Jets to do so.

The Jets' wordmark is short enough to look good on the helmet. Also, it includes a design feature that alludes to the name. In these two respect, it is unlike the awkward Giants' wordmark, which always looked terrible on the helmet.

Yes agreed on Jets. But I always like the GIANTS. I'm an 80s kid.

That Jets concept needs to happen, stat. Green/white/white would still look great too.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, Around the Horn said:

Obviously the Jets aren't changing this year but I found it interesting that some players are publicly advocating for a switch.

He seems to be super serious about it, seeing all his tweets with that hashtag. And he seems to have good taste in uniforms. Some of the fans posting concepts not so much.

I like their current design, but it's been ruined by Nike's inabiliy to make green, or make the shoulder stripes look decent. If we knew they would end up looking like that picture I'd be all for a change, but we know Nike would have to throw in some dumb twist that will mar an otherwise good look.

spacer.png

13 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

That Jets logo is a million times better than the football. Never understood why it isn't used anymore. Also a green helmet would work better in a division currently made up of 3 white helmets and a silver.

Agreed - and I can't remember where I heard this - but one of the reasons the Jets switched to green in the 80s was because everyone in their division had White and they felt Green would give their QB a competitive advantage. 

28 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

This is why you never include players in branding decisions.  

I can agree with that as a rule of thumb, but I think this is a bad example to use for support; that’s a great looking uniform.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

It is, but it’s not better than what the Jets wear now.  Or what they would be wearing if anyone held Nike to account. 

Even with Reebok, when the Jets moved away from Kelly green they had issues. If the Jets took the road the Packers have (not sticking to the league template but using one that works for them) we wouldn't still be arguing about that shade of green. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

20 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I hope someday the NFL abolishes that stupid one helmet rule 

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Dolphins CEO and President on when the uniform changes are coming. I realize it's april fools but this doesn't seem like he's messing with the person that asked. He had also been posting subpar concepts as "uniform sneak peaks" throughout the day which are clearly an april fools thing.

a2BRS8U.png

Archived