NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

12 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I'm not sure I understand your logic. Color blindness usually is a red/green issue.  Vinny wore brown jerseys quite a bit at home while with Cleveland. He wore purple at home with the Ravens as well, and green at home with the Jets (but not green helmets). It's not unusal for the Bucs to wear white at home if it's hot, no matter the QB.

cleveland-browns-quarterback-vinny-testa

130507-vinny-testaverde-browns-nai.jpgTestaverde_Vinny5_Browns.jpg

The Bucs wore orange at home during Vinny's first two seasons. I tend to remember sportscasters in both cases (Tampa & Cleveland) stating the color-blind issue--something I did not hear when he was with the Ravens or Jets.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, msubulldog said:

The Bucs wore orange at home during Vinny's first two seasons. I tend to remember sportscasters in both cases (Tampa & Cleveland) stating the color-blind issue--something I did not hear when he was with the Ravens or Jets.

He wore orange at the University of Miami and won one Heisman and almost another.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

11 hours ago, duxrcool048 said:

I think it should be yellow on the road with the white pants. Stick with white at home. Anything to not have to see the blue and gold jersey with the white horns.

Is it even permissible to wear a yellow jersey as part of a regular road uniform?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 4/2/2018 at 6:53 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

I'm a fan of the white-sock rule.  It just looks 'professional'.  Granted that's because I've always associated it with the NFL vs college, but that still matters.  It's a clean look that prevents us from getting full waist-to-ankle single-color tights.  It works better when the team also wears white shoes.

At the end of the day, uniformity is what's important, so I guess as long as everyone is wearing the socks the same way, solid color or some other design is fine.

I just fear that we'll get stripless pants like the Ravens mixed with solid black socks, or some stupid team tries to go all gradient with their sock and make it look like they pants is blending into they shoes.

It'd be cool to see the Steelers go with black socks that have their sleeve stripe replicated on them, which they could do since they no longer have to reserve all the white space.  That alone is one reason to get behind that change.

I'm definitely a fan of the white sock (bottoms). Anything else either looks like an amateur league or like a baseball uniform. 

The lack of white socks is probably my biggest gripe with Color Rush. These matchups (oddly) would look much more professional if they just kept the white socks. 

9 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

It's been done and I think it can only be done if the Rams treat it as a white jersey 

ap_redskins_stubblefield_716935.jpg?w=10

That was a one-off for the league’s anniversary,  More to the point, it was almost a quarter-century ago.  

I’m not sure I’d draw any conclusions about what is allowed today, or on an ongoing basis, based on the 75th Anniversary throwbacks.  You might as well use Color Rush to support the assertion that white jerseys are no longer required at all. 

26 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Looks like draft hats will have team slogans front & center.  Original idea, yes. Aesthetically pleasing, meh.

What happens when the team has a lame or cheesy slogan? Bills, Steelers, Patriots? Can't see those selling well...

Hashtags.jpg

33 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

What happens when the team has a lame or cheesy slogan? Bills, Steelers, Patriots? Can't see those selling well...

Hashtags.jpg

They disappear after a while. So if you put in #WhoDey or #HTTR(what) the logo will be gone once the season ends. So in the scenario that someone sees an old tweet, they’ll have no idea what you’re talking about based on the hashtag. 

XM4KeeA.png

18 minutes ago, insert name said:

They disappear after a while. So if you put in #WhoDey or #HTTR(what) the logo will be gone once the season ends. So in the scenario that someone sees an old tweet, they’ll have no idea what you’re talking about based on the hashtag. 

#HTTR = Hail To The Redskins, team rallying cry and song for decades.  

A lot of those are traditional mottos, a few aren’t.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Looks like draft hats will have team slogans front & center.  Original idea, yes. Aesthetically pleasing, meh.

That is a profoundly stupid slogan, and an ugly cap to boot. 

The only thing worse would be including the hashtag in front of it. 

Archived